• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Limeee

Smash Champion
you just have to practice for about an hour and you can start getting it consistently.

i don't got jack **** to do right now.

but i think you guys have neglected the velox drop, its a very good mix up/mindgame

it also makes recovering alot easier on BF or lylat or whatever

Limeee

Smash Champion
my name evolved from green shirt (i wore a green shirt to that tourney), then to rhyme (cuz rhymes are cool), then rhymes with lime, then Limeee/Lime

you guys on spring break yet?

napZzz

Smash Hero
the ****in stage list is stupid, i hope the wiimote rule gets removed so razer doesn't get ****ed over too :(

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I don't think the rules are that bad personally. Although the wireless thing is pretty wack. The listed counterpick stages are all counterpick stages in some region, except for PS2 I think, that's the only really outlandish one. As for the starter stages, they just took the japanese stage starter list, and instead of ban and random, they made it strike. It heavily favors the higher seed, but the higher seed is supposed to win anyways.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
yeah.. I'm not too happy with the Wiimote thing, either. I feel bad to the few players who are really good but uses the Wiimote. It's understandable why, but surely they can find some way around it.
I'm overall neutral with the stages. I haven't put much thought into them yet or looked much into it... PS2 and Green Greens being legal though is.. a bit.. off. Especially Green Greens. That stage is broken for both of the characters I use. I have so many free and extremely good counterpicks. Whereas I'm sure others are more limited. And that doesn't really seem so fair. I'm not complaining but I do disprove of it!

Also, I made a general Snake critique thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270140
So if you guys have any videos that need help or have questions about your videos I suggest trying to post there! I noticed so many new topics about critiquing and I think more people will post asking for help which would be good for you guys!

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Well, Green Greens is legal in the northwest, so that's why I think it's on there. PS2 is the only stage I don't think I've seen on any region's stage list. They need to understand that wiimotes are different for their use of blue tooth, and not the same as the wireless gamecube controllers that could cross frequency very easily.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
I didn't know it was legal in the Northwest. Although, Green Greens is still pretty broken. If I counterpick there I have so many good options I can do. I think I would just feel bad even.
And I don't really understand the whole Wiimote Bluetooth thing? May you explain please? Like, I heard it's banned because of Bluetooth? Then I heard you need like 50 Wiimotes to mess it up? And I don't know.. it was really confusing..!

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Each wiimote syncs up to one wii pressing the sync button, I think we all know that. However the wavebirds(the wireless gc controllers) synced up with a frequency, and not the specific plugged in controller slot. So while you might have your controller and your plug on the same frequency, someone else might have the same frequency and you could potentially cross and mess each other up, and this is hard to avoid as if I remember correctly the wavebirds only have like 12 frequencies?

The bluetooth technology of the wii though allows it to sync up to one wii specifically, once it's synced up it can't interfere with any other wiis except for the one it's synced with as this is what blue tooth technology allows, many more frequencies and specificity in what you're connected to. To mess someone else up you'd literally have to walk up to the wii sync up, and then do stupid ****.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
That makes total sense!!
So why are Wiimotes banned?? If all if they're really worried people can take out the batteries right after matches. They can harshly enforce the rule so people will surely do it. Event hen it's only like 10 players maybe less that uses the Wiimote.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I dont find anything wrong with the stages. Aside from maybe Green greens, everything else is legit to me, people gotta learn to play in them. As for not allowing wiimotes, gayness.

napZzz

Smash Hero
the neutrals are whats stupid.

Delfino, halberd (which I dont mind....;) and castle siege shouldn't be there lol

pokemon stadium 2 as a counterpick RAEP

ErikG

Smash Ace
I don't have any major problems with stage list. Green Greens and Norfair are a bit iffy.

I feel like their chaingrab and grab-release rules are sloppily put together.

The Wiimote rule is because the MLG events are huge, and there is a possibility that there will be more Wiimotes there than can be feasibly used on the Wiis. I think they mentioned something about revoking it if it doesn't seem like an issue.

I can already see major scrooging by MKs on SV, imagine M2K winning the GF by timing out his opponent 4 times.
What is scrooging? This is a new term I keep hearing about only recently with MLG coming out so soon :confused:

Also, Green Greens is an epic stage for Snake. Why is it bad people? Nothing on that stage is any worse than other ones. Look at JJ, it has small platform sides you can fight on. The explosive are rather low knockback and it's only if you get underneath the stage and blow them up that it really messes you up. Overall, I see no reason why it should be banned.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just ban D3's standing infinite altogether and there shouldn't be any rule conflicts with having Green Greens legal. In retrospect, the MKs may make that a non issue anyway.

Oh well.

[jk]

Odd thought, I don't think MK can scrooge and plank himself.
I think the only way we won't see any of that is if everyone there uses MK.

[/jk]

Long story short, Scrooging is gliding under the stage to run the clock with minimal ledge grabs.

It kinda forces most opponents to try to hit MK offstage which is almost
suicidal.
See M2K vs Gnes 3 at pound 4 for an example.

etecoon

Smash Hero
random question: is there a way to clean a controller without taking it apart? anything I could safely submerge it in or something...doubtful but have to ask. my GCN controllers B button is sticky and I don't have the screwdriver for it...I have another one but the the stick is wonky and makes me do weird things like DACUS in the wrong direction -_-

I still might switch to the classic pro when that's out soon, good thing I didn't plan on going to MLG lol

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
No I don't think you can, submerging it in anything would **** the controller.

You can try and find a small enough normal screwdriver to take it apart.

Are you not able to order a tri-wing online?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I had a virus on my comp a few months ago after I got a fake page from google(although there were a few blogs on AIB claiming they got the same thing from AIB, but it happened when I wasn't on AIB so I think that was it...), seems clean now but I really don't trust it with anything like that now...if I did online shopping I'd probably just get a new GCN controller, I want one painted like syx's!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Albert has a type of screwdriver that can open up gamecube controllers apparently, he showed it to me earlier.

Btw, thanks for coming Etecoon!!! It was fun having you around!

Top Bottom