• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Snake boards!! You have the honor of having my 500th post!!! On that note!!! I hate all of you.

But that's like your 499th post :p

I don't get it

Oh btw: I'm not gonna post much today since I'll play Halo 2 on lgendary

etecoon

Smash Hero
Btw, thanks for coming Etecoon!!! It was fun having you around!
I had fun too, except everyone kept asking me to use MK, too gay! I'll be back sometime but probably not for a few weeks at least

btw you can call me nick IRL using your gamertag IRL is STRANGE yo

Turazrok

Smash Master
me neither...it didnt work...ok now its 500...fail......my words still stand.
If I knew how to make a demotivational poster it would have this post screenshotted and say : GnW mainers
They fail.

But since I don't know it would have this post
Fail.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I had fun too, except everyone kept asking me to use MK, too gay! I'll be back sometime but probably not for a few weeks at least

btw you can call me nick IRL using your gamertag IRL is STRANGE yo
Oh okay, you can call me Calvin then, I feel like we have at least 4 Nicks at Smash Fridays now lol.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the cool kids club :D.. The Smashboard mobile version is really well-done.

Underload

Lazy
What up guys!?!? I'm online with the help of my b-day gift. (iTouch)
The novelty will wear off soon. Apple really half-***** the whole Safari-on-an-iPod deal, and it's so frustrating for me to use it :(

That being said, I'm using it right now because my laptop's battery is dead and the charger won't be coming in until next week.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
I think being able to browse the internet anywhere is really nifty. It's not supposed to replace the computer.

Underload

Lazy
The demand for a decent product should still be there, however. Although you have access to the Internet in some places with, the way you're limited by Safari and Apple's focus on pomp over productivity is unfortunate. It's the same way with cell phones. Most don't get service in places far away from towns and cities, like say the mountains. Would you use a product that doesn't work half of the time, especially when you may need it the most?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I was just testing momentum cancels since we've had some talk of that recently, my test is likely imperfect but from what I've been able to gather I think air dodging is significantly better vs horizontal attacks than bair, living like 8% longer vs MK's dsmash using air dodge and another 2% over uair. bair > FF should still be best for vertical but I'll try testing out just how much so tomorrow maybe, I think trying to make sure the DI is identical will be a lot harder with that...

edit: I actually decided to do it now vs fox's up smash, interestingly enough I actually got the best vertical result from uair, not bair...

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Uair being better makes no sense at all, lol.

The airdodge thing seems pretty interesting though. Is it because it allows you to jump faster that it can be used for momentum-cancelling?

Limeee

Smash Champion
lulz you guys.

at the tournament yesterday, me and 2 other guys all got 1-2 in pools, in a 4 person pool.

so we did a tie breaker, and we all went 1-1
two more tie breakers and we still went 1-1
on the forth tie breaker, the JAPAN fox finally managed to beat both of us, and ended up to get 5th

i only got 7th D:

Just so you know jt, I ****ing love Canada and Canadians. Poutine, Tim Horton's, and awesome people dwell there. Keep the tradition going!

Good :) I like Canada too. No idea why, but everyone I have ever met from there is very nice. Unlike the US. I just wish I could remember the time I lived up there for a few years :/

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Uair being better makes no sense at all, lol.

The airdodge thing seems pretty interesting though. Is it because it allows you to jump faster that it can be used for momentum-cancelling?
Yup! If you get hit sideways without your jump then your horizontal DI goes to ****s.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I thought the velocity of the hits looked significantly slower with air dodge even before jumping, I think it's just fastest action between air dodging or aerials but you need to do an aerial vertically because you need to fast fall after, and yeah by frame data uair being better makes no sense but that's what I got testing it...

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
It works fine if you DI upward before getting hit horizontally. If you're already going full horizontal then yea you're ****ed without a jump, usually anyway. xd

napZzz

Smash Hero
hey everybodyz, i just got back from this tourney n stuff and i'll have some cool videos up soon from it <3

7/38, i lost to shugo and arty, who placed 3rd and 4th. Lol they both played falco, sooo gay

I lost against a Link. I lost in 3 matches. The one in Norfair, Japes then RC. The only place I won was at smashville. Don't underestimate Link ;)

But I won in a Snake dittos and Falco. But I lost to 1 MK but beat 1 MK.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ok, my tv broke this weekend guys :( I have one clip recorded so far. I will do the rest this weekend when my room mate brings up his tv from home.

hey everybodyz, i just got back from this tourney n stuff and i'll have some cool videos up soon from it <3

7/38, i lost to shugo and arty, who placed 3rd and 4th. Lol they both played falco, sooo gay
w00t! Falco is getting some rep with a high placement. w00t!

Too bad Ice Climbers exist. You can't do anything about it.

I personally think that Snake and Falco are equally skilled. I'm not saying Diddy is better than them. Snake isn't the worst of top tier and he's starting to get overlooked at.

And plus, even with out the IC MU....
Snake's slightly bad MUs: Marth (45:55), Olimar (45:55), MK (45:55, actually not really)
Snake's wtf hard MUs: Dedede (40:60)
Wario isn't disadvantageous for Snake. Neither ZSS. Pit and Snake is 55:45 Snake or even

Falco's slightly bad MUs: Marth, MK (45:55, 40:60 planking- 50:50 w/o planking but still the ave. would be 45:55)
Falco's wtf bad MUs: Pikachu (35:65), Kirby, ROB, GAW (40:60)

etecoon

Smash Hero
pika/IC's are the only MU's that are that bad for falco, both very uncommon characters. falco does better vs the most relevant characters especially vs MK(most tournaments use a ledge grab rule and I think falco is significantly better vs non-planking MK than snake)

I'm also pretty skeptical about pikachu, I think falco should have an easier time not getting grabbed than snake if anything, and because it's a % based CG the ice climbers "fail until I finally get a grab because he needed to try and kill" strategy isn't practical. in general I think pikachu's MU's are almost solely theorycraft because there's only one person that uses him at a high level

edit: also the idea of falco even losing to ROB at all makes me break into hysterical laughter

I still think there good equally

Out dated MU :p But that's for now. We'll see what will be the verdict when they discuss it.

I've been thinking about a wiki about Snake himself. I don't know if there's anyone in the board thinking about this to for their own character/main but still. I think we might need one. Our meta game is somewhat developing but it's still not as fast as the other boards. We might need a private wiki about Snake. Lets see the pros and cons of this:

Pros:
- More organized
- It can be private
- It can be a more in depth version of a guide
- Can be really awesome (useless pro lol)
- Really knowledgeable. It's like a book about using Snake

Cons:
- There such thing as, making a guide as good as a wiki or as organized as one
- Clicking links there is a pain and you have to wait for it to load compared to a guide which you can read directly
- This is practically a guide with separate pages
- Some people can edit the articles
- Some people don't trust the wiki

Brawl doesn't need THAT much information about a character. I think that would fit for melee characters. But still, look at the amazing positives.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I still think there good equally

Out dated MU :p But that's for now. We'll see what will be the verdict when they discuss it.

I've been thinking about a wiki about Snake himself. I don't know if there's anyone in the board thinking about this to for their own character/main but still. I think we might need one. Our meta game is somewhat developing but it's still not as fast as the other boards. We might need a private wiki about Snake. Lets see the pros and cons of this:

Pros:
- More organized
- It can be private
- It can be a more in depth version of a guide
- Can be really awesome (useless pro lol)
- Really knowledgeable. It's like a book about using Snake

Cons:
- There such thing as, making a guide as good as a wiki or as organized as one
- Clicking links there is a pain and you have to wait for it to load compared to a guide which you can read directly
- This is practically a guide with separate pages
- Some people can edit the articles
- Some people don't trust the wiki

Brawl doesn't need THAT much information about a character. I think that would fit for melee characters. But still, look at the amazing positives.
Actually Brawl characters require more information than melee imo. This is because each character plays a lot differently, there are more character specific techs. While the best players in melee use universal techs that transfer over to any character they play.

I like the wiki idea, but we don't need it to be private. We,as far as i know, aren't the diddy boards we,i think I am safe saying we here, aren't going to try to keep anything secret.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
I don't think a private wiki is necessary for Snake.

What makes or breaks a Snake-player is his ability to play smart, partly because of Snake's good punish game.

Sure, there are a few character-specific techniques and AT's, but it's nothing you can't find by searching these boards / watching good Snake-players.

Top Bottom