• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I have silly controls.

Tap jump off cause it sucks.
Y = grab because it's better for boost grabbing and because I hate the Z button.
L = jump so I can jump while holding a grenade and to make jump cancelled item throwing the same as glide tossing.
Instead of making an additional jump button, I choke up and have my thumb hold b, and tap Y. But then again, you have Y set for other trickery.

I have silly controls.

Tap jump off cause it sucks.
Y = grab because it's better for boost grabbing and because I hate the Z button.
L = jump so I can jump while holding a grenade and to make jump cancelled item throwing the same as glide tossing.
Tap jump is rather annoying with a character with hardly any good up moves and does not have multiple jumps. My Y is jump, and X is special. Z is attack and R is grab.

To jump with nades is pretty simple. Claw method.

French hype to boot :) I still need to get through Metroid Trilogy before I try to get Metroid M. Although, I am really impressed with the gameplay graphics so far. Although, I have grown accustomed to the full one person play style. To have play in 3rd person is ackward.

That is why I removed my springs. :V
If I ever play you in a tournament, I will make sure I try see if that is allowed for having "an unfair advantage" over the other players :laugh:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like I said earlier, it doesn't effect my game to have springs in. It's just annoying to hold the shoulder buttons down to where they are right before they click, which is what I used to do before I got rid of them.

Underload

Lazy
I have default controls :D :D :D Less hassle pre-match.

What I don't get is why some people have to turn rumble off. I hardly notice it, and when I do, it helps me with small things.

etecoon

Smash Hero
rumble distracts me. I pretty much turn rumble off in every game ever so it's just something I'm not used to

standard controls do have that benefit but I think snake is best played with custom controls/tap jump off especially...kind of makes it hard for me to divide attention between characters though because MK/Marth are better with tap jump on...which may be a good thing idk lol, I've put more work into my snake over the past few months than any other character but my MK is still better in most MU's :/ the thing with snake though is that I find it a lot easier to maintain patience in tournament with him, I have kind of a mental block with MK...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't stand it when my rumble is off. DTL did it to my controls on a wii once. It bugged the hell out of me the whole match, but I couldn't just quit to turn on rumble.

Underload

Lazy
I can pretty much make a new comedic tag whenever I feel like it since all I have to do is input the name. Yeeeeah!

Anyone up for wifi? I need to start practicing after this vacation-induced break.

I have default controls :D :D :D Less hassle pre-match.

What I don't get is why some people have to turn rumble off. I hardly notice it, and when I do, it helps me with small things.
For me, I have had my controllers for so long that the rumble in the controllers does not even work any more. So, I have gotten accustomed to having it off. The time I got the gamestop controller and the rumble was working it felt so strange. So, I have been operate conditioned xD

Limeee

Smash Champion
i hate it when people scroll through all the names just so they can turn rumble off

whats wrong with it?

personally i don't even notice it

Well, I would probably irritate you the most. I would want to make sure the name I had was not changed or anything before the match. So, I would be checking my control scheme before ever new opponent.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No worries Berk. :)

People shouldn't have raged as much though =/

Except for Undies D:

I'm fine with it though. That's what I get for forgetting to go to the Social :p

@berk/tommy
berks stage guide is not very well thought out, the rest of the guide is good tho
if tommy were to do hidden spot for mines on stages, i would use it
Huh? I don't get it. My stage or where to place mine and C4 in what stage? I got confused cause I'm with Tommy at your reply
-.-

i would let the opponent restart the match if his controls were set wrong
Then, that would be very helpful. I have heard of a few instances where people had there controls messed around because someone was trying to play as them, and then when that real person went to play, it was too late to change it. TO and people were not willing to restart the match saying it's your responsbility to make sure your controls are set.

ErikG

Smash Ace
Oh question:
Are you allowed to go to the bath room during brawls/fights:(
Middle of a match almost guaranteed no; between matches of a set, maybe.
It depends on the tourney and how hardcore they are about getting stuff done quickly. Avoid a lot of liquids. Hold it until you're between rounds.

edit: Should I keep myself avatar-picture-thing Starscream?

etecoon

Smash Hero
it would be a good idea to make sure you're good with that before beginning a set, idk maybe requesting bathroom breaks in between games could be a new DMG strategy, he's always looking for new ways to stall -_-

it would be a good idea to make sure you're good with that before beginning a set, idk maybe requesting bathroom breaks in between games could be a new DMG strategy, he's always looking for new ways to stall -_-
honestly make me laugh pretty hard. I hate it when people see that there isn't much time left and then try and run the clock but DMG makes it his entire game. His "daily tips on how to play "gay" " is the funniest thing i've ever read online. Love DMG the most after Ally, Ninjalink and adhd

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jesus Christ you guys, I have soooooooo many posts in here.

Zajice 1,084
Underload 923
SuSa 897
Black_Heretic 746
-NaPPy 737
etecoon 713
Yumewomiteru 705
berserker01 647
__crystal____ 561
IxxI 536

etecoon

Smash Hero
I still read the thread title as panda's intervention which is kind of a hilarious mental image

etecoon

Smash Hero
SIIIIIIINZ me : )

edit: I need tap jump off to do sheik's DACUS with any consistency but snake is easy

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
eh... my router is being finicky. let me try to fix it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
if someone's added it to their profile here you can see it underneath their avatar

1763-0505-3898

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Got it working :D

my fc is 4727-0399-5820

either of you come on and play me :D

Top Bottom