• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I have no clue. If I did, it was awhile ago and I was probably just trolling.
Dang son. You're a couple days late.

Edit: Wait no, nvm, my browser's pretty freakin late. I clicked on the thread and it took me to page 900 something.

I had a question for all of you. Since you can cancel shielding with a jump, what if you did a jump -> nade pull OoS. Mix it up even more with a reversal in there maybe. Do you think this could be useful for anything, or is it just BS? Have not tested it or anything, but something that came to mind.

Edit: Perhaps, you could punish MK or something when in a shield if you could do this quickly enough. I mean a nade gets pulled on frame one.

It maybe useful, all of us should try it out in friendlies.

No, it's not useful at all it seems. It does not come out nearly as quickly as I thought. It takes time for the jump to come out before the nade will even be pulled. I'll join you up on that mizu.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Just so you all know, TRUE FAX: MY NESS> UL SNAKE
when he's beating off or w/e he was doing

You guys are starting to play wi-fi more often xD

My schedule is filled up with friendlies :) sadly not tourneys yet. I still gotta practice!

Turazrok

Smash Master
I use wario on wifi. Don't get gimped that way if I miss a powershield due to lag.

I don't use Snake in wi-fi since my Snake sucks on wi-fi and it's better offline.

I use Zelda and Ganondorf

It's really hard researching about Snake and finding new techs. Most of it was discovered already. I haven't seen a new tech from the Diddy boards (Not the BOAT combo) ever since BDACUS was discovered. So does the other boards. No update on stuff about there character :p I can't see much fast improving meta game at all but I see slow improving one. It's worth it anyway. At least we kept ourselves from making Diddy 2nd place in the tier list. We need to keep Snake 2nd or possibly 1st (Impossible but he might end up like Fox)

napZzz

Smash Hero
nonononononononon wifi talk *****es D: <

you should put 3rd strike music on there, its way too good

Not part. Just saying :O

But still guys, tell me when you start one.

*OFF TOPIC NOT WI-FI*
No trouble with lasers blowing up nades. I usually strong throw them so they can keep "low profile" or so they can travel under lasers. Still, the match up is not to be underestimated. (Not saying Falco's favor)

Pulling out nades. PS then strong throw or chuck.

napZzz

Smash Hero
if i can pull a nade while he's camping i just crouch and throw it so it'll blow up on his shield or right when they try to reflect it, cuz i hope either way its a chance to get closer n stuff. If falco has to get close or stops the lasers for a bit its like a normal laser game of mixin up your throws n ****.

Falcos my least favorite matchup -_-

if i can pull a nade while he's camping i just crouch and throw it so it'll blow up on his shield or right when they try to reflect it, cuz i hope either way its a chance to get closer n stuff. If falco has to get close or stops the lasers for a bit its like a normal laser game of mixin up your throws n ****.

Falcos my least favorite matchup -_-
Counter method. SHL/SHDL until it's about explosion time, then start using ground lasers to prevent you from standing up. Boom, there goes snake. Not sure if that would work or not xD

napZzz

Smash Hero
thats one thing thats annoying. Sometimes if they grounded laser when you stand up it doesn't matter what you do cuz it ****s your **** up. Its like a constant guessing game that falco will most likely win

thats one thing thats annoying. Sometimes if they grounded laser when you stand up it doesn't matter what you do cuz it ****s your **** up. Its like a constant guessing game that falco will most likely win
Well, the counter I see to that when crouching is do this. Shield to stand up, then OoS Glide Toss, or just chuck it. That's the best method I see to beating ground laser stuff.

If you also jump OoS against a camping falco and light toss a nade. That will certainly mess falco up becuase they cannot reflect it right back at you nearly as far.

My favorite, is to drop a nade behind me, then start approaching. If they try to phantasm away likely they will get hit by the grenade. Either way, it covers your rear and gives you the chance to approach without having to worry about them phantasming away freely. That seems to be the biggest thing is making sure Falco does not get to phantasm without fear of hitting something. Try to keep them around CQC.

napZzz

Smash Hero
no, if falco just does a little sh-phantasm where hes barely off the ground he doesn't hit the nade unless it explodes, or he lands where it is

no, if falco just does a little sh-phantasm where hes barely off the ground he doesn't hit the nade unless it explodes, or he lands where it is
That is the intent. Is to have the nade explode where they land. If you plant a nade right under the left or right platform on BF and try to approach Falco, a full phantasm will place them near the range of a grenade. So, if they do not do something about it, it will explode with them near it. Even if it does not hurt them, it disrupts camping because they have to avoid getting hit unless they do not mind getting hit xD

Also, Phantasm is a near 1/3 of a second start-up lag attack. You should be able to at least shield the attack when you see the start-up lag. At least this is what I see all the time of higher up people like Hylian and M2K.

While Falco is far, I usually double jump then medium throw nade. Then Fast fall to ground then Strong throw nade. Just throw it before a random laser will hit you. If a laser hits you while your pulling out a nade, that's what you take advantage of. The nade will drop from you so fast fall PS lasers then instant-throw or normal throw.

Oh about phantasm, you should U-tilt at the right time but it might miss or get whiffed in front of you at times.

I might as well. But it will not be Dittos. I need some other Snake training for another character of mine.

Je ne veux pas. I forgot I have other homework to do x.x

Top Bottom