• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

etecoon

Smash Hero
lmao rule 8

marth boards made a couple of vids on using training mode(the best of which was taken down because youtube suddenly started caring i.e. got threatened about copyright infringement) and I wanted to make a snake edition someday but I still need recording equipment

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Mizu, i watched alot of it. ****, that commentator trashtalked you like no tomorrow!

Stop doing downsmash so often ;)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I was thinking, what if we had a guide on sneaky/camouflaged/interesting areas we can hide C4's and Landmine's on stages?

There are quite a few nice places to hide things, and I know some of us have our favorite places that people just don't notice.

It would be great to know all our options when it comes to placement. Plus when someone gets blown up by something they didn't see, it may make them think twice about their approach or how they move around they stage, perhaps making them play more cautiously.

I would also be willing to make such a thing if you guys think it would help.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
that was hot as hell brother.

I have to remember to utilt charaters that are on the edges of platforms like that.

Utilt->*opponent falls helplessly*->a one-jab-jab lock->fmash ****.

F-smash **** x2

That was awesome!

I have a new second main: Samus! I still second main Falco and Ganondorf.

Why Samus?
Her aerials are awesome! I know Wario and Jigg's aerials are better but I just like Samus' n-air, f-air and u-air.

etecoon

Smash Hero
any time you get hit with snake's fsmash twice in one game you ****ed up hardcore. <3 razer and all but I have to believe dphat is capable of a lot better than THAT -_-

any time you get hit with snake's fsmash twice in one game you ****ed up hardcore. <3 razer and all but I have to believe dphat is capable of a lot better than THAT -_-
Fsmash is just a good reason to never use MK's drill rush extensively against snake. I think that razer played him quiet enough to be able to get that read, or just got lucky xD

The first fsmash was actually a legit combo in a way. Fall off a platform in shield -> jab -> forced get-up -> fsmash.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright so after reading Beserks guide(which btw is great.) I don't think that we need the read before posting thread anymore. A thread that I think would be good to replace it would be the from Ekans to Arbok thread. Anyone else feel this would be good?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I was thinking, what if we had a guide on sneaky/camouflaged/interesting areas we can hide C4's and Landmine's on stages?

There are quite a few nice places to hide things, and I know some of us have our favorite places that people just don't notice.

It would be great to know all our options when it comes to placement. Plus when someone gets blown up by something they didn't see, it may make them think twice about their approach or how they move around they stage, perhaps making them play more cautiously.

I would also be willing to make such a thing if you guys think it would help.
Does this interest anyone at all?

@Tom: Not sure about what you said
@Sinz: Depends on other people's decision

So.. Should there be a wiki about Snake?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Are you not sure because you don't understand what I'm trying to say (I know I can type confusingly sometimes, that's why I ask), or are you unsure because you just don't know?

As in, I'm not sure. I understand what your saying. It's just that in certain conditions, there are other places where the land mine and C4 should be placed. There's not always a spot where it should be placed. You might as well square out all the portions of the stage and identify on what you do there.

Well, It's okay to make it. I can put it in my guide if you want

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
It would be placements for mindgames, it's not that the placement is without purpose. I do know that there is almost always a better option as in where it should be placed, but you do have to mix it up every now and then.

I was planing on squaring out parts of stages, with pics.

I was just wondering if this is something that people might find useful enough to implement into their strategies.

Hey guys I was wondering if we have a thread on controller setups. I've been messing around with some different ones and was wondering what everybody thought was the best one. I've noticed that b-sticking can help get off the c-4 quicker and without fastfall but now i only hit mortarslide about 3/4 of the time does anyone else have a recommend any other controller styles.

Limeee

Smash Champion
@megalaodon77
most snakes use default setup, but without tap jump,
C4 jump is easy, just press C4 while your in cypher and its impossible to fast fall
and dacus takes practice

@berk/tommy
berks stage guide is not very well thought out, the rest of the guide is good tho
if tommy were to do hidden spot for mines on stages, i would use it

i dont have trouble c4 jumping i just noticed that i can get it off faster if i b stick it but that takes away the way i do the mortar slide. I also play other characters like shiek where the dacus is hard to do with b-stick. the only change i made in my controller setup is tap jump off and r to attack because i use L to shield and dont need r.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have silly controls.

Tap jump off cause it sucks.
Y = grab because it's better for boost grabbing and because I hate the Z button.
L = jump so I can jump while holding a grenade and to make jump cancelled item throwing the same as glide tossing.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm trying to learn tap jump off but I'm not changing any of my other controls...yet anyway. I might start using the classic pro when that's out anyway, if not I'll probably be making Y shield as spring shield buttons are all kinds of bad

Top Bottom