• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK is fun vs people that don't know how to play against him. if they know the matchup you have to be really patient though and I have more fun camping with snake

even though it's 9000x less effective -__

etecoon

Smash Hero
I just hate MK

Though, I'm anti-ban. Remember that.
much like which character I main I kind of go back and forth from pro to anti ban, strangely I typically feel more pro ban when I main MK but as a snake main I definitely do not want him banned lol

I realized I no longer care about MK. He is possible to beat, I just have to learn how to do so. Do not care if it means it takes more skill to beat them if I was to use say peach, but it makes it all the more satisfying to beat an MK when that happens.

Anyone know Celtic Woman?

napZzz

Smash Hero
Mk is and always will be a piece of **** that annoys the hell out of me. I dont care how good I am or the player is, he's just stupid. Beating them doesn't even feel good, i probably got lucky and outplayed them or something. Gay.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I like fighting against MK as a few other characters, playing as MK myself is frequently annoying lol

diddy is probably most obnoxious/I hate him most OVERALL but as snake olimar is my worst/most hated matchup

etecoon

Smash Hero
maybe just me but I don't think your options vs bananas are amazing even if you PS them, diddy has frame advantage in like every situation it's so annoying

good thing I can live to 220% against him LOL

maybe just me but I don't think your options vs bananas are amazing even if you PS them, diddy has frame advantage in like every situation it's so annoying

good thing I can live to 220% against him LOL
Well, if I cannot do even that, I am really screwed.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I was playing a diddy on lolfi earlier(local though, I've seen him in tournament but haven't played) and I got to 246 IIRC in one game, **** was hilarious

I was playing a diddy on lolfi earlier(local though, I've seen him in tournament but haven't played) and I got to 246 IIRC in one game, **** was hilarious
Actually, it is not uncommon for my opponent to exceed 200% against me. I hardly ever throw out kill attempts. Then, I go and get KOed at like under 50% because of some stupid mistake on my part.

etecoon

Smash Hero
as falco that's not totally unusual, like half the vids of larry I've seen he'll have people around 200% and KO them with something weak...as snake though that is a little strange

as falco that's not totally unusual, like half the vids of larry I've seen he'll have people around 200% and KO them with something weak...as snake though that is a little strange
Let me see. Weakened grenades, weakened ftilt, weakened bair/uair... Oh... I would say it's not that hard to get high percents, but never kill anyone. I am glad to say that at least my average KO percent is at least 150% (ignoring my own stupid mistakes).

Remember, C4, mine and grenades all decay each other for some odd reason. So, my grenades often times blow up with the C4 or the other grenade and thus weaken the attacks.

whaaaaaat

nades mines and C4 all count as the same thing in the stale list? O_o
It does not count in the same way. But you can test it out. Go to vs mode, blow C4 on a character fresh and it should do like 17% of damage.

Place blow up the C4 in the presence of a nade so that it's the c4 that causes the nade to blow up. Do that like 9 times and then try it on the character. It does less percent. That proves the C4 decays when it explodes other nades.

Edit: Yeah, just redid this and after about 9 trials the next C4 used on the character did only 8% of damage :/

so essentially snake can have up to 18 stale moves, lol
I guess, I really have no idea.

When you decay utilt like 9 times, then have grenades blow each other up 9 times, it does not really refresh Utilt all the way if I recall.

So, these does not work exactly on the same principle as the 9 decay move slots.

Edit: Even if you can decay c4, mines and nades to refresh your other moves, it does not really do much. I mean, where would you find the time to place nades, mine and C4 next to each other to explode and not get punished for it? It doesn't happen very often and really it's just an explaination of the moves really. No real practical application I think.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I thought attacks didn't refresh unless they made contact with the opponent? if you could refresh attacks autonomously that would be useful, if it could be done in between stocks maybe

I thought attacks didn't refresh unless they made contact with the opponent? if you could refresh attacks autonomously that would be useful, if it could be done in between stocks maybe
Yeah. You typically have enough time to charge a mine. If you can do that you could plant an uncharged mine and then drop 2 nades. I mean, the mine typically gets blown up anyway. That way, you might refresh 3 slots.

Might be more productive of your time anyway.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I just did a quick test, not sure if it takes up more than one slot but dropping a nade, laying a mine, then dropping another nade to detonate it all definitely DOES affect stale moves, schweet

napZzz

Smash Hero
i'm rather pleased to see that the social is talking about intelligent things and that we're getting more productive posts :D

IxxI

Smash Fence
I feel like playing again guys. Are there any recent Snake videos that pretty much sums up the current metagame? All I really need to do is watch and brush up on spacing.

Top Bottom