• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

The rules for brawl have always been 8 minutes. The time limit was originially established for tournaments. Often times tournaments finish really late at night. I mean, some are supposed to end on a particular day, but often times go into the next day to be finished. Time limit is supposed to make sure tournaments go at a resonable pace.

napZzz

Smash Hero
etecoon, just add me on aim and ask me whenever to wifi. Ill usually play if I feel like. My aim is

SAY WHAT BOYY

no, the extra Y is not a typo

anyways, us old type snake players gotta stick together! We can improve these boards if we try. Also, hacking is teh ****. Stage textures, char. textures, and most importantly MUSIC HACKS! Getting to hear ******ery every time I play a match makes it sooo much better. FF VII boss battle remix anyone? ;)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah music hacks have to be the best part of hacking right now. Most of my music hacks consist of Tekken and Guilty Gear music.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think I have somewhere around 8 gigs of video game remixes lol

I've been looping serious monkey business since it came out pretty much, sooo good

napZzz

Smash Hero
My wii has alot of SF 3rd strike music on it, with some marvel themes and various game remixes. Pretty tight. I love alot of castlevania songs remixed too. Like bloody tears <3

you heard about the wesker model guys?

Some tips before going to tourneys:
- Be healthy
- If you have contagious diseases, don't try going
- Lastly, train!

Oh, FF IV=overrated imo but still awesome

napZzz

Smash Hero
I use the wesker texture alot. That and the one that whatever his name is, eternal yoshi or something made. Its amazing.

My tips for tourneys personally
-Get rest. SERIOUSLY! Go to bed early before you decide to go to a tourney. You dont wanna go through the full day being tired and having issues focusing!
-Be a nice guy. Tourneys may seem like a place for just playing games, but its also technically a social gathering. Treat everyone with respect around you so you can recieve it back.
-Dont be a sore loser or a bad winner. Having a cocky ego or a depressed attitude can easily affect your mindset and lead to a loss. The best way to play is to just have confidence in yourself and go into a match believing you can do your best.
-DONT GET ANGRY!! Anger clouds judgement to the max, and you'll start playing really sloppy and ****ty. If something makes you mad, just shrug it off and focus on the match at hand.
-If theres ever a time for a lunch break, abuse it. You need to eat to stay alert and awake and ****, not worrying about how you haven't eaten in the middle of a match. loooll
-In doubles, never blame your partner. You work as a team and thinking negative thoughts about them will throw off your wavelength and mess you up.

Some of that may sound stupid, but its pretty good advice.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I have a couple of Symphony of the Night songs, Dracula's Castle and Dance of Pales. I want to make brstm of Requiem of the Gods. I have the Jazzy NYC theme from 3rd Strike I believe. Other fighting game music just usually seems to work well in Smash.

I've changed most of the Victory songs too. Returning series from Melee have their Melee victory songs, and I have a Snake Eater brstm I made for Snake, the one I downloaded was too long.

etecoon

Smash Hero
sleep is definitely important, I did a lot better at the last tournament I went to than previously because I skipped doubles to take a nap lol I also switched from MK to snake wow MK for low tier yo

They're making PSA of wesker. Woooo!!!!!

Another tip before tourneys:
- Go to the bathroom before playing a brawl
- Sneeze all you can before brawling
- If there is a computer with some wi-fi, browse the useful threads

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Ganon dittos are pretty awesome. But after smoking some magical greens, almost any dittos can be fun. With the exception of obvious always lame ass ones like Falco dittos

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I use to get on the boards any chance I got last semester. Now I'm not in school anymore. Having to deal with proxies is annoying sometimes.

RATED

Smash Lord
Yeah music hacks have to be the best part of hacking right now. Most of my music hacks consist of Tekken and Guilty Gear music.
lmao everytime someone talks about music hacks it makes me remember when we rickrolled a smashers that hates FD and rickroll so we used that song on that stage when I CP him I won LOL

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah my school had it as forbidden. It had something along of the lines of "Oh this site has to do with games, so you'll be able to play them online through this site."

dumb.

Yeah my school had it as forbidden. It had something along of the lines of "Oh this site has to do with games, so you'll be able to play them online through this site."

dumb.
My school as banned anything that is games, p00h, chat stuff, and racial sites. However, all of the fourms I have visited are not banned. Odd that things like xat are, but this is not. And youtube is forbidden >_> Even the teachers hate it because they use the internet for videos to show to the classes every so often.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I helped a teacher get onto youtube with proxies once, I also introduced her to the magical world of firefox and firefox portable.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)

dumb.
"dumb" is right.

My school as banned anything that is games, p00h, chat stuff, and racial sites. However, all of the fourms I have visited are not banned. Odd that things like xat are, but this is not. And youtube is forbidden >_> Even the teachers hate it because they use the internet for videos to show to the classes every so often.
It's stupid how schools have website that are clean/safe as "Forbidden".
Of course the teachers hate it. They're human just like us.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm still trying to find a way to get on youtube through my iTouch at school. Not having much luck on that...

6Mizu

Smash Champion
I'm still trying to find a way to get on youtube through my iTouch at school. Not having much luck on that...
Hey look it's Zaj! Hi!

Oh...that's sucks...why is it cause the schools internet is locked with a password? (because I think that's the case for the School me and rPSI go to.) :p

If you have the Iphone 3GS you can get on the Internet at School and of course anywhere else.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah, I got an iTouch that can only get on the internet through wifi. No iPhone. I just can't find a way to get around the school's blocks with it. It's not the same as on a computer.

Teachers can get passed it since they all have usernames/passwords to get around the blocks, so none of them care. Pretty much every student hates it though, of course.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Nah, I got an iTouch that can only get on the internet through wifi. No iPhone. I just can't find a way to get around the school's blocks with it. It's not the same as on a computer.

Teachers can get passed it since they all have usernames/passwords to get around the blocks, so none of them care. Pretty much every student hates it though, of course.
Zaj I have a question. Could you put up your PRs?
(I'm curious)

Top Bottom