• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Better yet, here are all the rules.

Personally, I have no problem with the rules at all. There are a few things here and there, but for the most part it's a pretty legit ruleset and not too far from our own. The only ones I have problem with are no wireless controllers. That basically rules out anything but a gamecube controller.

General Rules
  1. Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to the Turbo button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
  2. Players may not use a controller that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players may not use a controller that has been modified to include a Turbo button. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller, however, Major League Gaming reserves the right to deny the use of any controller suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
  3. Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
  4. Players/Teams who break General Rules #1-3 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See Gameplay #3).
  5. Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  6. Players may not appear on the Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
  7. In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.
  8. No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
  9. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Games must be played with three Stock or less.
  10. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.
  11. During Saturday and Sunday’s scheduled Warm-Up periods, Players/Teams who haven’t been eliminated from the Event have priority over other Players/Teams regarding the use of open Stations.
  12. Players who break General Rules #8-11 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
  13. If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.
  14. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player leaves their Station without their Referee’s permission, or is otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player hasn’t returned by the end of their Referee’s set time limit.

Gameplay
  1. No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
  2. No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
  3. Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
  4. No use of Metaknight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
  5. No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
  6. No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
  7. Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
  8. Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  9. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
  10. The higher seeded Player/Team must choose their Controller Port(s) first. The lower seeded Player/Team may use any of the remaining Controller Ports. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player without a Match loss must choose their Controller Port first. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player with a Match loss may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
  11. Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.
  12. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
  13. After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11.
  14. The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
  15. After the Stage a Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
  16. If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
  17. If the Timer runs out and one Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 35. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
  18. If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted.
  19. Players on the same Team may not select the same Character for a 2v2 Game.
For Videos of all of the Gameplay Rule’s illegal maneuvers, go here:
http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304286

Settings
  1. Rules = Stock
  2. Stock = 3
  3. Timer = 8 Minutes
  4. Items = Off & None
Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Counter-Pick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

etecoon

Smash Hero
the stage list is pretty abysmal but the no wii remote thing is the most ridiculous to me as they've been selling passes for some time now and just now are saying "oh btw if you use this controller you banned LOL"

that **** needs to be stated before you start taking peoples money

the stage list is pretty abysmal but the no wii remote thing is the most ridiculous to me as they've been selling passes for some time now and just now are saying "oh btw if you use this controller you banned LOL"

that **** needs to be stated before you start taking peoples money
Yeah, I was just thinking get ***** by MLG Razer lol (if he was going or not).

But if you think about it, MLG screwed bascially only 10% of us over. 90% of us use gamecube controllers.

And the stagelist is not bad at all. I mean, you get to knock off 3 and 4 stages in striking pretty early. So, most of those stages will end up CPs anyway. Although, you could really screw a falco player over by banning BF, SV and FD if you are the higher seed player right off the bat, and others in that manner.

Green Greens: DDD wall infinites all day son.
One, just destory the blocks, it's not that hard to avoid getting infinited if you do that.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243289

Praxis did a good job of convincing me that green greens is actually a pretty good stage, and it's not gay at all. Espically for a character like Snake. I might even be convinced that Green Greens is actually a better counterpick to MK than anything else we could pick.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I been to a tournament where PS2 was legal, it was pretty lol. it's not broken or anything it's just an obnoxious, pointless stage -_-

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My controller has no springs in the L and R buttons. Does that count as unfair? I used to just hold down the buttons right before where they click all the time anyway. I just took them out cause it made my fingers tired.

I been to a tournament where PS2 was legal, it was pretty lol. it's not broken or anything it's just an obnoxious, pointless stage -_-
I hate PS2 for a few of the transistions. Ice is very annoying. Along with the electric and wind sections. Apart from that, it's ok.

My controller has no springs in the L and R buttons. Does that count as unfair? I used to just hold down the buttons right before where they click all the time anyway. I just took them out cause it made my fingers tired.
I believe so. Pretty much, it has to be an unmodified controller and one that does not have turbo. Most 3rd party controllers have turbo. So, you pretty much have to have a gamecube controller that was made by nintendo, which isn't made anymore in the US xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
if I only played snake I'd consider using Y for shield as a face button is much more accurate, sadly as an MK player Y jump is incredibly useful to me

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well that's kinda lame. I could easily put them back in. The springs don't affect my game at all. They're just uncomfortable.

Now in melee however, it's pretty unfair. Soooooooo easy to powershield stuff.

Well that's kinda lame. I could easily put them back in. The springs don't affect my game at all. They're just uncomfortable.

Now in melee however, it's pretty unfair. Soooooooo easy to powershield stuff.
I should probably mess around with a controller I have and take out the springs. I mean, it's busted anyway on the L button anyway. Might as well experiment with it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
why does nintendo use such a dumb screw that no one sells the driver for IRL

(I know why, it's stupid though lol)

etecoon

Smash Hero
there should've been a one MK per team limit instead of no double characters, other people have double character teams too and no one else has proven to be a problem

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used an itty bitty teensy weensy flat screw driver and wedged it in there. Wasn't too hard.

Also, if you take out the springs, only use the controller for Brawl. The shoulder buttons don't work in other games where they actually sense the button being pressed before it clicks. For example, you can't light shield in Melee.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I used an itty bitty teensy weensy flat screw driver and wedged it in there. Wasn't too hard.

Also, if you take out the springs, only use the controller for Brawl. The shoulder buttons don't work in other games where they actually sense the button being pressed before it clicks. For example, you can't light shield in Melee.
I light shield with Z. It's all good.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's actually what I do now, since I don't feel like getting another controller for Melee. And cause reflecting stuff with powershield is fun.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've noticed I have a funny pattern where I rage quit snake like every 2 weeks but it never sticks, anyone else find him insanely frustrating yet impossible to quit? IIRC nappy thinks similarly to me on this lol
yes. i just cant quit snake, no matter how hard i try. he'll stay my main forever
You guys seriously don't have a mod yet? Wow.
theres some difficulty going on with that.
He knows what's up. Z-shield all day son.
gay

etecoon

Smash Hero
yes. i just cant quit snake, no matter how hard i try. he'll stay my main forever
I switch mains a lot especially back to MK but I can't drop snake off my roster even though I'm pretty sure I could do better as a number of other characters <_< my marth is already better than my snake in a lot of MU's(sometimes vs MK even somehow...) and I barely play him by comparison lol

it's nice having multiple IC counters as my mains though, if MK ever gets banned they more than any other character scare me D: I really don't see how characters other than MK and snake have an advantage over them as some claim, I think most IC mains just aren't very good(one of them tried to snake ditto me recently and I three stocked him but he beats me/goes even with me at IC vs snake lol)

napZzz

Smash Hero
^Hey, weren't you that guy that was trying to lecture me on my main's projectiles and frame data?
I have no clue. If I did, it was awhile ago and I was probably just trolling.
I switch mains a lot especially back to MK but I can't drop snake off my roster even though I'm pretty sure I could do better as a number of other characters <_< my marth is already better than my snake in a lot of MU's(sometimes vs MK even somehow...) and I barely play him by comparison lol

it's nice having multiple IC counters as my mains though, if MK ever gets banned they more than any other character scare me D: I really don't see how characters other than MK and snake have an advantage over them as some claim, I think most IC mains just aren't very good(one of them tried to snake ditto me recently and I three stocked him but he beats me/goes even with me at IC vs snake lol)
you're best off not doing it cuz you'll keep going back to snake, just stay a whole snake main and your snake will always be better and you can learn more about the character and do well in tourney.

etecoon

Smash Hero
well if you want to argue that sticking with my most experienced character is the way to go, my MK probably has like 500 hours on my snake >_>

Is RC good against Olimar?

I know Olimar's recovery isn't that good there but I still think Olimar can still **** us in that stage

napZzz

Smash Hero
Is RC good against Olimar?

I know Olimar's recovery isn't that good there but I still think Olimar can still **** us in that stage
thinking about what I just said in the RC stage discussion thread, I really dont know. Yes, his recovery is horrible and he cant camp as well on the first stage transformation, but at the same time pikmin might get really really annoying on certain parts of the stage. Its hard to tell if its good or not.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar will own your face if you're on a platform above him. I know that much. I'm pretty sure Olimar is waaaaaaay better on RC than Snake. Recovery isn't even that big of a deal on that stage. The only section you really need to worry about if you have a bad recovery is the bit with swinging platform.

etecoon

Smash Hero
there's no such thing as a good snake stage for facing olimar, there are just different degrees of bad <_<

napZzz

Smash Hero
there's no such thing as a good snake stage for facing olimar, there are just different degrees of bad <_<
I agree. Olimar is ********. I managed to beat one of the better ones last time we played, but at first he wrecked me. Then I guess I Just got pretty lucky, but he really seems difficult if they knew what they're doing, maybe its just a lack of knowledge on my parter. I really really hate pikmin and getting close to olimar is hardddd. And its not really as easy to tech chase as people think. Yeah, his roll is short but he still has like, 6 options to choose from and confuse you with.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I basically look at oli as having two options from dthrow: get up attack or not get up attack. everything but get up attack can be regrabbed on reaction, but that still provides some difficulty and he can throw your timing by doing nothing at first, which may leave him open to getting hit but if you hit him he escapes the trap

also oli really shouldn't get grabbed by snake that often anyway...

napZzz

Smash Hero
yeah. I guess I'm on a posting spree tonight @_@ trying to share knowledge and help out my fellow snakes because i feel i've been sitting around for too often just posting in the social. <3

Top Bottom