• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ditto Dittos in Pokemon are pretty fun, imo.

Zajice, I thought you had left us for a stupid little yellow mouse... Am I wrong >_> Please tell me you didn't leave us for some other character....
Lol, no. School is just kicking my ***. Also, Pokemon.

I've always played Pikachu along with Snake. Mine is just terrible, so I rarely use him anymore though.

If I was gonna leave Snake, it'd be for Diddy since mine isn't garbage, but I'm not leaving Snake anytime soon.

etecoon

Smash Hero
ganon ditto's are pretty awesome, and I can tolerate a few others. MK and snake both have gay ditto's though, wanna get better at the snake vs MK MU so I don't have to ditto but MK dittoing them is so much easier if they know the matchup at all

it's funny because it should never work on anyone?
lolololol

I have the right mindset in brawl, but I lack the tech skill/reaction time to avoid a lot of obvious stuff. I fall for the stupiest of n00by tactics and yet somehow do well against people.

This would work on me if it was done at 0%.

etecoon

Smash Hero
lolololol

I have the right mindset in brawl, but I lack the tech skill/reaction time to avoid a lot of obvious stuff. I fall for the stupiest of n00by tactics and yet somehow do well against people.

This would work on me if it was done at 0%.
sounds like me

I'm a little tired and on average might be a little better but still, I feel like this is my biggest weakness as a player, I think I generally have an idea of what I need to do but often times try to do something way too late/after it would work

I'm ALSO starting to think that peoples reaction times are very dependent on being predictable though, like a test like this you prepare for a specific cue to execute a specific action, I think your reaction to something unfamiliar/not expected is significantly slower...sometimes I find I do pretty well just throwing out a ton of STUPID mixups in rapid succession because your normal reaction kind of goes out the window

I have not gotten a shiny pokemon since the Gold/Silver GBC days when I found a blue Nidorino.

My reaction times for those things have been between 200 miliseconds and 250 miliseconds. But that is simply clicking a single button. I get more confuzzled with more elaborate inputs like SDI.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I soft reseted in front of that Red Gyarados until I got male adamant one. I already taught it earthquake, waterfall and stone edge. Just waiting for it to learn Dragon Dance.

I do have a Shiny Tentacruel I caught when it was a Tentacool I randomly found when surfing from FireRed. I transferred to my Pearl, then Platinum, and then HG when I get the time.

In Pearl when I was on my way to the Pal Park for the first time I encountered a Red Gyarados too. I also encountered a Shiny Ponyta, now a Rapidash, on the route north of the Pokemon Day Care in Pearl.

I'm kind of fortunate with shinies I guess. All my others are hacked bs shinies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I just found out tonight that there's less TV lag if you run in 480p instead of 480i

I wonder how much additional frustration this has caused me over the past 2 years <_<

I soft reseted in front of that Red Gyarados until I got male adamant one. I already taught it earthquake, waterfall and stone edge. Just waiting for it to learn Dragon Dance.

I do have a Shiny Tentacruel I caught when it was a Tentacool I randomly found when surfing from FireRed. I transferred to my Pearl, then Platinum, and then HG when I get the time.

In Pearl when I was on my way to the Pal Park for the first time I encountered a Red Gyarados too. I also encountered a Shiny Ponyta, now a Rapidash, on the route north of the Pokemon Day Care in Pearl.

I'm kind of fortunate with shinies I guess. All my others are hacked bs shinies.

I have no idea why in the world I have ice fang over stone edge on a gyaradosof mine. It makes no sense. The coverage stone edge gives is so much better than icefang.

napZzz

Smash Hero

I have no idea why in the world I have ice fang over stone edge on a gyaradosof mine. It makes no sense. The coverage stone edge gives is so much better than icefang.
DD/waterfall/EQ/STone edge

if you aren't using DD I guess you can put bounce for stab or ice fang

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I think the DD/waterfall/EQ/stone edge moveset is too awesome.

waterfall is essential on an gyarados, just too good to not have. dragon dance just makes it even better.
earthquake will take care of empoleon/magnezone/metagross.
stone edge takes care of other gyarados, zapdos and salamence.
ice fang and bounce are good for breloom and celebi, like nappy said theres the stab advantage on bounce, but ice fang covers dragons

etecoon

Smash Hero
pokemon talk is confusing me, I haven't really played it since RBY

kind of strange considering how much time I put into that lol, I think I played pokemon red more than I do brawl now

etecoon

Smash Hero
you can change it to one of the stock SWF avatars you just can't upload a custom one currently

chrono cross is a really underrated game!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Click your avatar at the top part :p. Don't you know how to change it?
Who doesn't know that?

you can change it to one of the stock SWF avatars you just can't upload a custom one currently

chrono cross is a really underrated game!
Oh, I didn't know we could still use the stock avatars. That's cool I guess.

I've never played chrono cross

I have only had that problem with games regarding the old pkmn gbc games where the battery for saving data died. I am slowly rotting away my older collection of games and replacing/selling them.

There is one game I love, but cannot find anymore. It's called Lufia: The rise of the Sinstrals. It was apprently released for the SNES, but they made a GBC verision that I ended up playing. One of the best games you could have gotten for the GBC if I recall.

etecoon

Smash Hero
link's awakening DX is another great one

also my SNES still kinda sorta works but I emulate all SNES games anyway and haven't used it in like 4 years

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've noticed I have a funny pattern where I rage quit snake like every 2 weeks but it never sticks, anyone else find him insanely frustrating yet impossible to quit? IIRC nappy thinks similarly to me on this lol

Limeee

Smash Champion
I've noticed I have a funny pattern where I rage quit snake like every 2 weeks but it never sticks, anyone else find him insanely frustrating yet impossible to quit? IIRC nappy thinks similarly to me on this lol
same dude.

snake is really frustrating cuz when you get snake off his toes he just gets wrecked

and then you have people *****ing about how cheap he is

jezus >.<

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
To be completely honest, we really don't need one. We don't have a spam issue. We don't have a trolling issue. The only times we need a mod is for stickying stuff, and we can just pm a smod or admin to get that done.

Panda said he was on the look out for people who showed promise. But, that was about it.

For the most part, we really do not need other mods. The boards are fine as they are. What we really like is top opinion that is fairly active, but we have that solved now that Ally has decided to take some time out for us with the Q&A.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MLG has the most ******** ruleset I have ever seen outside of a scrub tournament, EVO 08 may have been more legit than this crap.

being unable to travel doesn't seem so bad now : )

Top Bottom