• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Uh, if Kewkky is really that fantastic he must have been really off at Pound 4, I mean he had a tough pool but he probably could have made it out if here as good as you guys say. Of course pound 4 was 2 months ago, and that's could be some massive improvement I suppose.
I could've. It was a tough pool for Kirby, but not for ZSS, and I went full Kirby thinking that the chances that I might get gayed as ZSS would be high due to being in USA and all... I did immensely well in friendlies, though, got some good respect. Not gonna mention names nor how many times I beat them cuz I'm cool like that. :D

Next tourney I go to, I'll definitely do better. What happened at Pound4 was nothing but "omg new place new people new atmosphere" johns, I'm over that. ;)

Hah, I never lost a single match to any Snake as Kirby, and the vast majority of MK friendlies I played as Kirby I won as well. This one guy who used to be in the BBR (no-name will be his name) never even beat me once, and we played around 10 matches, him MK and me Kirby. Shortly after, Seirbik (no namesearching!) complimented me and said "How'd you get so good at the MK MU?". It made me feel good and definitely motivates me to improve and do better in my next tourney!

I had a reunion--sh with my brawl friends. Then we made a short tourney only for us. Mostly just a friendly tourney. Jo's MK is pretty good but I still won though xD. Pat's Ike was easily forced to play aggro. Lol. So I won in general but it's not a real tourney though. We we're like only 14 people who played so... yeah..

napZzz

Smash Hero
I had a reunion--sh with my brawl friends. Then we made a short tourney only for us. Mostly just a friendly tourney. Jo's MK is pretty good but I still won though xD. Pat's Ike was easily forced to play aggro. Lol. So I won in general but it's not a real tourney though. We we're like only 14 people who played so... yeah..
14 people is more than a minnesota local :|

The US smash scene is run on monopolized reigons. West and East. Therefore, it makes it very difficult for those smaller reigons to get involved. At least, that's how I see it.

I have a reason now to never use Dtilt at kill percents. You might accidentally misspace the attack and get killed by someone's attack and you holding down on the control stick is like the worst DI possible.

brawl is so stupid lol, why do we still play this -_-
One, it has more characters available to it. This generates more people to play the game because it appeals to a larger variety of people. A number of people might have played brawl due to Sonic or Snake being added.

Second, it has wifi. This is a great learning tool for people who use it correctly. Many people do not have access to local tournaments. Look how small the locals are in many areas as you have all just stated. Those are all the people able to make those kinds of things. Many might not be able to like myself. Melee really needs a community to get any good at it. Brawl simply requires an internet access and you can get proficent to a certain degree.

A third reason might be because it's the new thing. Brawl is larger to begin with due to the reasons above and trying to stay committed to a smaller community base like Smash 64 and Melee might be more difficult. So, it would be simpler to just go with Brawl.

Also, Brawl is a lot easier to get good at than Melee by far.

And... Brawl also has different control styles. While 90% of us still use a controller, the ability to set-up controls is a godsend in my opinion. It would be so much more difficult to get good at the game if I could't have tap jump off. Although, it would make OoS Usmashes and UpB a lot easier.

Ehh... Brawl in short just has a lot more perks to it than Melee had.
Brawl is more accessable to people due to all of these additions.

I don't. It was basically a filler game for me until MW2. MW2 is just a filler game for me until Diablo 3.
De... dah... Get out of here you non-Brawl player! :laugh:

Edit:

I like making these little comic strips. I need more ideas though ;_; People, give me inspiration!

etecoon

Smash Hero
there's no point maining anyone but MK and barwl's wifi is ****ing abysmal though -_-

edit: and I never said anything about melee, I said brawl is a

there's no point maining anyone but MK and barwl's wifi is ****ing abysmal though -_-
Try not having anyone to play against except for CPUs, and you would not hate wifi at all.

My reasons for playing Brawl over Melee are because I can play actual humans, and it's easier to get accustom to. It's just as difficult though to perfect it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
my connection is good for the most part actually, but other people not always so much and anyone who DOES have a bad connection always does stupid stuff to abuse that like acting like falco's fsmash is a good, safe spacing tool

and even in a "perfect" connection the game has 187ms of input latency which is pretty bad to begin with.

and then there's how bad brawl is before that is considered <_<

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I could've. It was a tough pool for Kirby, but not for ZSS, and I went full Kirby thinking that the chances that I might get gayed as ZSS would be high due to being in USA and all... I did immensely well in friendlies, though, got some good respect. Not gonna mention names nor how many times I beat them cuz I'm cool like that. :D

Next tourney I go to, I'll definitely do better. What happened at Pound4 was nothing but "omg new place new people new atmosphere" johns, I'm over that. ;)

Hah, I never lost a single match to any Snake as Kirby, and the vast majority of MK friendlies I played as Kirby I won as well. This one guy who used to be in the BBR (no-name will be his name) never even beat me once, and we played around 10 matches, him MK and me Kirby. Shortly after, Seirbik (no namesearching!) complimented me and said "How'd you get so good at the MK MU?". It made me feel good and definitely motivates me to improve and do better in my next tourney!
Oh, very cool, if you come to the mainland again, and it's a tournament I'm at I'd love to play :D.

napZzz

Smash Hero
if you only play wifi every once in a while its not that bad. But if its your main way of playing brawl you'll hate it

if you only play wifi every once in a while its not that bad. But if its your main way of playing brawl you'll hate it
I do not play everyday, so I am good to go. Actually, I realized playing only occasionally is pretty good. Opens up so much free time.

Now, GIVE ME IDEAS!

Turazrok

Smash Master
Try not having anyone to play against except for CPUs, and you would not hate wifi at all.

My reasons for playing Brawl over Melee are because I can play actual humans, and it's easier to get accustom to. It's just as difficult though to perfect it.
Melee has online ya noob.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Has anyone found out why we can't change our avatars or site skin still?

I'm stuck on smash blue :( Clearing cookies didn't help, so something is up with the site.

this thread goes fast lol its hard to keep up when im away for so long
So... the first post you are able to make in a long time and this is what you decide to talk about. You talk about how long it has been since you last talked about something on this particular thread >_> Where's the originality?

Has anyone found out why we can't change our avatars or site skin still?

I'm stuck on smash blue :( Clearing cookies didn't help, so something is up with the site.

I'm not stuck on a particular skin for the site, but neither can I switch avatars. I have not heard a reason why we cannot switch however. It might be a server problem. I bet they have a specific server designed to handle all the avatars. They might be upgrading, or switching it. Often times problems with sites happen due to the server(s).

Screw this avatar thing. I'm going avatarless for now.

Sup Snakes. I still exist.
Zajice, I thought you had left us for a stupid little yellow mouse... Am I wrong >_> Please tell me you didn't leave us for some other character....

napZzz

Smash Hero
So... the first post you are able to make in a long time and this is what you decide to talk about. You talk about how long it has been since you last talked about something on this particular thread >_> Where's the originality?

[/COLOR]

I'm not stuck on a particular skin for the site, but neither can I switch avatars. I have not heard a reason why we cannot switch however. It might be a server problem. I bet they have a specific server designed to handle all the avatars. They might be upgrading, or switching it. Often times problems with sites happen due to the server(s).

Zajice, I thought you had left us for a stupid little yellow mouse... Am I wrong >_> Please tell me you didn't leave us for some other character....
always up late spending a bunch of time on smashboards and playing wifi, but apparently you have no time to show up to an MN tourney. MAKES YOU WONDER HUH

Top Bottom