• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I really feel like diddy is underrated, even without that much experience when I use him it seems a lot easier than using snake...

diddy has to camp a lot of characters pretty hard. it's not just being aggressive, it's the style of camping that irks me. I can camp with snake or falco or any character like that and it's not so boring, camping with MK is boring as hell because it's not pro-active like using nades or lasers, you just get a % lead and act like a douche -_-
You choose to play like that etecoon xD Mine is aggro, but I try to space myself. Better than camping.

Can someone answer this please

Yea I know! I feel that way all the time!
I do it that hard way, manually. No other way that I know of.

Diddy is overhyped.
But, so much fun. Nappy would be either happy or sad that we all want to try diddy. Really, diddy is loads of fun to play as. Against is not so bad as long as I can PS when I want too. Wifi makes that difficult.

I am stuck between either Diddy or Peach.

etecoon

Smash Hero
You choose to play like that etecoon xD Mine is aggro, but I try to space myself. Better than camping.
as I said, depends on MU, same with any character, snake even is better off aggroing some characters than camping them

etecoon

Smash Hero
I am going to Quad Main. Snake/Falco/Diddy and Peach. I'm a tier ***** ;)
I'd half want to do something like that but I really think it's more productive to focus most of your attention on one character, unless you're ninjalink no one does well with 4 mains <_<

I think even just splitting time between snake/MK as much as I do has hurt both of them but it's too boring otherwise lol

Limeee

Smash Champion
i secondary D3 to avoid the snake ditto

and i guess i could go marth against olimar even though i don't really play marth

marth is easy as hell to play as

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth isn't that easy, you're just confused because going to a character you have no experience playing as vs olimar is STILL easier than using snake <_<

I'd half want to do something like that but I really think it's more productive to focus most of your attention on one character, unless you're ninjalink no one does well with 4 mains <_<

I think even just splitting time between snake/MK as much as I do has hurt both of them but it's too boring otherwise lol
I think it really depends upon the character and learning curve. For someone like MK, it is fairly easy to learn him. You just have to train yourself to react properly. G&W is also similar in learning curve. You could use him pretty effectively without much learning. It just takes time to once again learn when to use everything.

It doesn't help that Peach, Diddy, Snake are all high learning curves :laugh: I will probably stick with Snake/Falco for any tournament stuff. I have been working on them the longest. Diddy and Peach might be for fun, or I might just learn peach for the Olimar match-up.

Also, maining more than one person I do not think is too bad until you start playing extremely high level. At that point you really need to know your character and how they function against any character extremely well to do well. For me, I am doing CPU and wifi to train/learn. I'll make my final decision once I start getting the chance to get out and go to tournaments.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i'm contemplating trying to beat that boss on tales again D:

cept i'll have to clean that disc reeeal bad

how should i clean it besides disc doctor?

i beat t-blocks PT with marth

i have some experience, i like to use marth in friendlies alot
snake is ***** hard to play as D:
Snake I think is great for improvization. You really learn to adapt quickly since nothing is ever the same with him.

Don't you mean....."mean" not "main"......

Also, I would prefer to be called Mizu.....but Mizuho sounds funny so I guess you can call me that Xeylode. (But only if you tell me how you came up with that.....is it something I said in the past?) lol
google mizuho for image and see if you like what you see :laugh: But, mizuho comes from the name of a village that Sheena from Tales of Symphonia comes from.

Just take Mizu and add ho and you get mizuho, or you are the Mizu-Ho-oH :laugh:

etecoon

Smash Hero
It doesn't if you have only 2 mains, trust me. I have 2 mains and I can deal with it.

So main(ing) MK and Snake isn't that bad.
how well do you place? I could main random but if I get last every time it doesn't prove anything <_< which is kind of what's happened with me since I started going OOS, dead last twice in a row as MK/snake, 3 wins one of which vs a PR member last time as pure snake(I did go MK one game and got put in losers for it, oops!)

etecoon

Smash Hero
he went olimar, I didn't feel like I had a choice :/ I like literally can't fight olimar as snake >_<

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Etecoon, read the MU summaries vs Olimar. It really saved my *** in our last tourney.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
His Olimar isn't good though, he's a Kirby main and DK secondary, he hardly even uses Olimar. It's easy to beat imo.

/trashtalk

etecoon

Smash Hero
sinz: read that, more than once, and there was another couple threads on olimar too...I'm not totally ignorant about him I'm just bad vs him as snake

yume: doesn't matter, my snake will lose to anyone's olimar even with nearly no experience <_<

etecoon

Smash Hero
he went back to kirby when I switched, and MK also beats kirby pretty badly IMO but yea -_-

Limeee

Smash Champion
etecoon thats your first problem: saying you can't beat olimar

what i would do: find an olimar in your region and play him for at least an hour. it'll get boring, but keep playing him and find ways around olimar

don't take whether you lose or not seriously, just learn the match up

good luck!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
6Mizu why did you put the 6 there if you didn't want to be called 6Mizu? you should have made a phrase involving Mizu, like Mizu wa Agete or something.

RATED

Smash Lord
he went back to kirby when I switched, and MK also beats kirby pretty badly IMO but yea -_-
no, MK doesnt **** kirby... u should see a Kirby that knows that MU. a good kirby can go "blow by blow" with a good MK. Kirby has the tools to manage MK at a extent, even though MK's ftilt , dtilt kinda mess up kirby but that MU is really winnable for kirby even if MK like always has the advantage.

no, MK doesnt **** kirby... u should see a Kirby that knows that MU. a good kirby can go "blow by blow" with a good MK. Kirby has the tools to manage MK at a extent, even though MK's ftilt , dtilt kinda mess up kirby but that MU is really winnable for kirby even if MK like always has the advantage.
Give Kirby a chance to copy MK. That makes the match-up in Kirby's favor right away :laugh:

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Kirby's Swallow is better then Kirbynado imo, he has neat edge guarding tricks with it. For example, edgehog when MK use side-b, Swallow, Spit, uair, stage spike, too good.

Kirby's Swallow is better then Kirbynado imo, he has neat edge guarding tricks with it. For example, edgehog when MK use side-b, Swallow, Spit, uair, stage spike, too good.
Random thing. I believe you can footstool kirby directly after he shallows you. And if you can footstool, you can do a short footstool into a Dair. Talk about **** after getting shallowed.

That makes no sense, I think you mean if he manages to break out, but if you spit asap they wont be able to.
When kirby does the b thing I think he sucks. When he swallows you he gains your ability. If you get spit out you get sent out as a star.

When he copies your ability you get sent out above his head. I think you can footstool this if you buffer the jump out of the copying of your ability.

Top Bottom