• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

6Mizu why did you put the 6 there if you didn't want to be called 6Mizu? you should have made a phrase involving Mizu, like Mizu wa Agete or something.
He's got a point there.

Well, that's also my problem. You guys call me berk cause it came out from no where :p

I'm getting interested in resident evil

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
My weekend smash plans fell through this weekend. No smash with people until next friday probably. 2 weeks without having someone to play with. Haven't played Melee with anyone in a month. I live in the worst possible area of Arizona.

At least I have HeartGold to keep me entertained until then.

etecoon

Smash Hero
no, MK doesnt **** kirby... u should see a Kirby that knows that MU. a good kirby can go "blow by blow" with a good MK. Kirby has the tools to manage MK at a extent, even though MK's ftilt , dtilt kinda mess up kirby but that MU is really winnable for kirby even if MK like always has the advantage.
I didn't really say MK "*****" kirby, I just think MK clearly wins

I look at kirby a lot like GAW, you can go hit for hit with MK but then kirby can't really kill, all his KO attacks are impractical if MK spaces well and plays safe

RATED

Smash Lord
I didn't really say MK "*****" kirby, I just think MK clearly wins

I look at kirby a lot like GAW, you can go hit for hit with MK but then kirby can't really kill, all his KO attacks are impractical if MK spaces well and plays safe
people should stop looking at matchups as both players were robots that were play both perfect and none of them could be predicted by each other :/ for something are mixups.
inb4someonementionsM2k.

6mizu= I will ever call u 6mizu since there's a melee player in Puerto Rico that most people call him "Mizu". btw u spam so much or something? is just that I see ur joining date and ur post count and I am like WOW! jajjajjaja

etecoon

Smash Hero
people should stop looking at matchups as both players were robots that were play both perfect and none of them could be predicted by each other :/ for something are mixups.
inb4someonementionsM2k.
obviously there is a human element, if there was no such thing it would just be 0:100 or 100:0 for everything as there would simply be "____ character ALWAYS beats ____ character". yea, good kirby's can beat good MK's, that doesn't mean MK doesn't have an advantage

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Uh, if Kewkky is really that fantastic he must have been really off at Pound 4, I mean he had a tough pool but he probably could have made it out if here as good as you guys say. Of course pound 4 was 2 months ago, and that's could be some massive improvement I suppose.

RATED

Smash Lord
obviously there is a human element, if there was no such thing it would just be 0:100 or 100:0 for everything as there would simply be "____ character ALWAYS beats ____ character". yea, good kirby's can beat good MK's, that doesn't mean MK doesn't have an advantage
where in my posts says that Mk doesnt have the advantage? that would be "blasfemy" to lord metaknight XD. obviously MK has the advantage but is not like Kirby would get totally wrecked.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Urggg I just finish watching an AMAZING J-drama, but the ending sure isn't what I wanted, but I suppose that by not having the best ending possible it shows reality rather than an idealized world.

Even if things don't end up the way we want it, we can still move forward while being bettered by the experiences we have together.

/randomness

I actually third Snake, if it's any consolation >_>.
So long as you use Snake, it's good enough for me. I acutally like the fact that more people use him as a secondary than actually main him. The more people who main others, and then second Snake himself are invaluable in helping with any discussions here.

Sadly, most people here either end up using Falco or MK >_> Anyone we did have around like Zajice or Syx left for other characters like Pit and Pikachu. Even Nappy is leaving us for Diddy.

I am calling you NKN from now on. And yes, you are an excellent lurker, if you visited everyday without posting since november.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
My wii, i have it. We are currently fixing it up so I can do brawl. :) after that i will be recording things for you guys :)

etecoon

Smash Hero
So long as you use Snake, it's good enough for me. I acutally like the fact that more people use him as a secondary than actually main him. The more people who main others, and then second Snake himself are invaluable in helping with any discussions here.
snake is a really hard character to secondary, I find I only do well with him when he's my most played character otherwise it's like almost pointless lol

Sadly, most people here either end up using Falco or MK >_> Anyone we did have around like Zajice or Syx left for other characters like Pit and Pikachu. Even Nappy is leaving us for Diddy.
syx didn't really quit snake for pit he's just gone entirely >_>

who here other than me uses MK anyway...and I only secondary him, olimar is probably the only reason I will ever use him in tournament again MAYBE DDD

then again I might be partly bipolar because I've definitely said things of that nature and changed my mind before...

etecoon

Smash Hero
speaking of hacks, I've heard brawl+ can be run without hacking your wii, just from an SD card, is this true of any other hacks as well? particularly I mostly want textures and to change what music plays on what stages, if this can be done someone direct me to where I can find out about it!

etecoon

Smash Hero
not that interested in it really, just hearing that made me wonder about other hacks because I'm still too lazy/dumb to hack my wii

snake is a really hard character to secondary, I find I only do well with him when he's my most played character otherwise it's like almost pointless lol
Snake simply requires you to have a lot of time put into him to get down. After you have the basics down you just need to have the mental mindset to change things up depending upon who you are facing and stuff like that. Although, what am I talking about. After I made Snake second he slowly worked his way up so that I know use him more than Falco.

My falco sucks though >_>

etecoon

Smash Hero
Snake simply requires you to have a lot of time put into him to get down. After you have the basics down you just need to have the mental mindset to change things up depending upon who you are facing and stuff like that. Although, what am I talking about. After I made Snake second he slowly worked his way up so that I know use him more than Falco.
maybe it works that way for other people but for me it's not just an initial time investment, I need to have played snake a lot recently to play him well. to some extent a lot of characters, even MK are like this with me but snake seems to get hit the hardest if I stop playing him

etecoon

Smash Hero
yea that's definitely part of it, characters like MK, marth, falco, DDD...a lot of them operate on similar principles that are common not only to each other but fighting games in general, snake and diddy are strange and tend to work a bit differently

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
lol, hey Sinz. I was just reading the old shout-outs from AZ Grand Challenge results thread. Apparently I am supposed to give you a nice firm handshake the next time I see you.

Top Bottom