• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
he said this thread, not the whole board, no one really "helps" with anything here...this is the snake boards garbage processing center where we spam and talk about wifi

if we're talking about the board as a whole ally counts as a regular now since he has a thread he checks regularly so the answer is obvious lol

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Well, none of the really good players are active here because they are actually playing the game and improving while we're here chatting about lolis, animes, and such.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm actually starting to rethink that, I realized last night that I may actually be playing barwl TOO much and that it does nothing but re-enforce habits that need to be broken down. I've noticed a surprising number of good players that don't play *that* much and I'm starting to think that it does actually hurt you if you play brawl constantly

Well, none of the really good players are active here because they are actually playing the game and improving while we're here chatting about lolis, animes, and such.
Actually thats just you. The rest of us are spamming and wifiing :) I'm actually trying to juggle too many internets and responsiblities at one time.

And, I feel there is something to that overplaying piece that is negative. I think it mostly might be that overplaying piece with CPU and wifi. But, apart from that, I do not think you can over play if you are playing dozens of people of varying skills. Anything that is too repeatitive will hurt you. Playing the same people of the same skill will hurt you. I mean, even playing people on wifi who are better than me a lot is not doing much. All I am really learning is how to counter them. (which I hope translate to others if they play like that xD)

etecoon

Smash Hero
PMing a bunch of people instead of saying "hey someone play me" sounds pretty silly, and no one but nappy got all mad about it -_-

nappy I wanna wifi you!

napZzz

Smash Hero
snake+instant throwing is ****

I'm gonna re invent the flashy but **** nade game everyone wishes they had. SAY GOODBYE TO JUST TOSSIN THOSE NADES TO COVER OPTIONS!

etecoon

Smash Hero
I thought that was already common? I used it a ton when I first found out about it, less now though, I'm now of the opinion that flashy snake only works if you're razer use a wiichuk

napZzz

Smash Hero
but how often have you ever seen a good snake use it effectively in tourney. Its my goal to try and bring that to the table because I feel like there are some things it can be used for to help advance snakes metagame. You'll never know if you dont try :) I'm going to a tourney sometime next week in IL thats gonna be pretty tough and I'm hoping to get some vids from it so I can show some ppl what I'm talking about. I hope I do well and manage to pull off what I've been thinking of and practicing.

napZzz

Smash Hero
looking forward to that anyway, it's pretty awesome in snake ditto's at least
lol I hate snake dittos. It feels like its a constant game of chicken when you get close to each other and trying to camp another snake is weird, lol. Sometimes your nades just collide and dont go anywhere and all that runs through my mind is -____-

etecoon

Smash Hero
most ditto's are annoying, I find MK ditto's to be far worse, even when I mained MK I'd frequently go snake vs MK even with the disadvantage because it's so obnoxiously boring and ********

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake dittos forces Snake to play in a unique way. Tech-chase with dthrow isn't so effective anymore (due Snake's amazing get up rolls) and fthrow and bthrow puts him in a worse position, but it's also easier to grab (and land fsmash I think), especially when he lands it's easy to punish another Snake. It's easier to gimp another Snake as well than most characters, especially grab him out of Cypher. And I think it's one of the few matchups where Nikita actually has good uses.

And it's mostly like "whoever can land more ftilts wins". And also whoever can play smarter and Grenade camp better wins as well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
one of my posts on tactical got deleted for being off topic, no infraction for the trolling but this actually annoys me where as being infracted is w/e, just wait for it to expire and then do it more...if I post to annoy someone I want them to ****ing read it >:

wow I'm bored today

napZzz

Smash Hero
if you're bored watch anime, its the best way to pass time you can find, hands down. I dont care what anyone says, you can spend hours on anime and obviously you wont get bored as long as you're watching good ones. And time just sort of flies by

etecoon

Smash Hero
don't have any. actually haven't watched anime...or TV in general really, since like 2006, I used to watch like half of what was on cartoon network but never got into buying or downloading it

someone recommend me some random game music!

etecoon

Smash Hero
note to self stop asking snake boards for stuff D:

guess I could use something passive to do while I do CD factory though, LOL at me still not having this done

napZzz

Smash Hero
dont watch toradora D: < i wont say why cuz it spoils it just in case you do watch it but its amazing but gay at the same time

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
>_< How Annoying.
Apparently the base landing lag for aerials in the game(including MK) is 31 frames.
In BB, all of the landing lag from all A aerials is 31 frames. These are not the ingame results. I think there is an invisible speed multiplier somewhere in the game that determines landing lag for aerials when they aren't AC'd.
We all know that MK doesn't have 31 frames of lag on his aerials.
When I get the chance, I'll get the ingame landing lag.

The more you know.

etecoon

Smash Hero
the MK frame data thread claims that MK has 31 frames of lag from tornado no matter how it's used but I'm like 80% sure that it's significantly less than that when done properly, like there is no god **** way, it's much harder to punish AC'd than his dsmash which is like 10 frames faster than that

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
This.

P.S.
The AC windows for Dair and Bair being at frame 63 and 64 respectively are NOT TYPOS.
You cannot AC those aerials because the move is over before the Window is open.

RATED

Smash Lord
instead of game music how about you watch an anime

one piece, hajime no ippo, or soul eater, choose one and watch it in japanese. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT

www.animefreak.tv
if he's not an avid anime watcher he won't like that kind of long anime. he should watch "shorter" ones to start

like 25 or maybe 50 episodes : I can remember anime like that are : Gurren Laggan, Code geass, Asuracrying, Eureka7, Linebarrel of Iron( I am starting to watch it) and others XD

I got SoulSilver. Almost have 8th badge done. Tried to solo it with only noctowl and typhlosion. Didn't work. Using them and scyther and gyarados now.

I do not mind Snake dittos as much anymore. I realized that Snake dittos are pretty easy once you learn how someone plays. All snakes have a particular style. Many either use a lot of grenades, camp, ftilt, grab or approach. Each particular style is counterable with a little change in how you play.

Ftilt ones are easy. Shield the whole hit, shield and dodge in someway. But either way, just punish the predictable ftilt.

Grabby is also easy by keeping your distance. Not too many I have seen.

Campy ones are more difficult, but possible to overcome without resorting to simply camping. Treat it like olimar. If you can elevate a grenade into there defence, even if it doesn't explode, that gives you free rain to approach someone. The reason is that a grenade means that location is no longer safe. And snake's always camp in one area. With you moving and being able to shield any explosion thrown at you it makes it easy to close the gap into CQC stuff. Basically the whole intent is to distract the camper just like olimar's do with there pikmin.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
i would rather not have either.

oh look I am happy

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm not getting either, I quit pokemon after RBY...I got platinum and played that briefly but it's just too much now, and I feel like a lot of additions are needless like a lot of the pokemon are completely redundant to others

etecoon

Smash Hero
who are you?
I am me

most of the time

we haven't met IRL, I just started going OOS like 3 months ago

infern, haven't seen you here in a bit, can you tell me where these vids of you vs OS are from? trying to keep everything in the video thread dated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCRRm3AvcZw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMYTN...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QmW...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkT-B...eature=related

I'm going to start intentionally name dropping EVERYONE I can, namesearchers amuse me : p

noodles

Smash Champion
i saw you mention me and ive never seen that name anywhere. i just thought that was an alt lol.

Top Bottom