• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
And, spam is sometimes necessary for matches. Seriously, look at the MK or Marth match-up without a large number of nades. It's very hard to imagine the match-up without them.
I don't think he meant spam that way lol

but yeah, something crawled up nappy's *** apparently, social thread is srs bizinezz

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So I'm now back at college which means I'm without wifi again, whats some good ways to practice without ppl to play with?

etecoon

Smash Hero
**** I do in training mode

-C4 tech to insanely high percents, I'm not gonna lie and say it's because it's the most useful, I do this the most because it's fun -_-

-space ftilts and utilts over and over again to memorize that invisible hitbox

-screw around with grenades and camping patterns

-get bored and do overly elaborate ineffective bull **** that will get me ***** when I attempt it in tournament like nade pull > shield drop > DACUS > charge fsmash while holding the grenade

edit: siiiiiiiiiinz, when you makin a video thread? seen too much good stuff lately and I need a place to store it before I forget lol. if you're going to still be too busy for a while I can make it, not like I do anything else except spam here and troll MK topics >_>

In one study it was found that frequent testing of material is better than simply studying. With testing of material you are actually practicing memory recall. Studying is only one piece to a puzzle. Testing actually as all those pieces of the puzzle at one time.

This same idea can be applied to Brawl I think. Even if you are practicing C4 teching and stuff you are only have one piece of the puzzle. Actual matches contain all the pieces. Now, yume is missing out on someone to play. Well, you can recreate matches using the CPU. I do not care what anyone says, the CPU is a great learning tool if used in moderation.

All you have to do is pick up some area of brawl you want to practice, see if you can duplicate it somehow and then start practicing it. Once you think you have a feel for it move onto a few CPU matches and start applying it as you play. Eventually, you will start getting that new skill ingrained and it will come out properly when the time comes.

For example, I want to learn how to DI MK's Tornado. That is something I can somewhat recreate in training mode. However, it's when it's unexpected you need that reaction to SDI the first hit to pop out. That is where playing the CPU can come in handy. Play MK and then try to SDI the moment you get caught in MK's tornado.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I play vs low level CPU's as MK and marth to practice spacing and stuff but I think snake needs more prediction than them and playing a machine too much could really negatively affect how well you adapt to people...just my opinion though, I still play CPU's A LITTLE but not very much

I play vs low level CPU's as MK and marth to practice spacing and stuff but I think snake needs more prediction than them and playing a machine too much could really negatively affect how well you adapt to people...just my opinion though, I still play CPU's A LITTLE but not very much
Oh it negatively impacts you hugely in adaption. Look how many matches we played Etecoon, and look how long it took me to come up with some sort of change in my playstyle. I actually started realizing to use more nades xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
I see what you mean with actually getting muscle memory down though, I played an MK this weekend and he tornado'd my shield and my inner monologue is all like "ally said you can dair him if he ends it here!" and then it came out like way too late <_< kind of disappointing that I apparently can't instantly assimilate other peoples **** into my game lol

I still won though, MK is a ****y character, we really need to ban OLIMAR or DDD : p this will uh, increase character diversity...somehow

edit:

Ally 2, 1, and 3 stocked Dojo in finals of no koast yesterday
ally is an outlier, top players don't count, dojo would've won if he planked more, pity me because I main ike etc.
^ This post is really from an honest person in troll clothing. Do not believe it.
I'm not even sure what that means -_-
xeylode used confuse!

it's super effective!

etecoon fainted!

uh, srsly it's kinda hard to continue after that, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

An honest person in troll's clothing.

You etecoon are typically a non-trolling type person. That post you made sounded very trollish. I thought you were attempting to make a troll post. So, I was trying to say that what you posted was really a lie and that you are not a troll.

That about sum it up?

@Nappi-chan: If you seem to dislike wifi so much, get off wifi instead of keeping it on 24-7

Limeee

Smash Champion
my favorite way of practicing powershielding, is throwing a green shell in the middle of onett (training mode) and just powershielding it everytime till you can do it consistently.

my powershielding is decent majority of the time

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
edit: siiiiiiiiiinz, when you makin a video thread? seen too much good stuff lately and I need a place to store it before I forget lol. if you're going to still be too busy for a while I can make it, not like I do anything else except spam here and troll MK topics >_>
I have three more tests this week. =/ if you want you can do it. I will try to supply videos for you.

etecoon

Smash Hero
aight I'll have a new thread up soon, will probably have a lot of blank spots and be rough at first, can add stuff as it gets recommended...mostly recentish vids but I'm not opposed to adding somewhat older ones where they're clearly still relevant

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm so bored right now. Don't have Wi-fi, and I probably won't be playing anyone until Friday afternoon :(

In the meantime....

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't think delfino is bad either, he could've made a better stage choice, but still his CP and everyone in the room is like GO META KNIGHT, people in new england sick of seeing snake winning : p

napZzz

Smash Hero
i like to cp delfino with snake sometimes actually, idk why. Maybe i just like the stage alot

etecoon

Smash Hero
so, video thread has a lot of gaps, if anyone knows some good vids featuring terrible obscure characters, recommend them!

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm coming for infern to take that best snake in the midwest title though. I know he's scared too ;)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I think the guy flaked :( I don't know if I am getting the wii now. He isn't responding to the texts anymore :( I have the money and everything. =/

Top Bottom