• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Limeee

Smash Champion
ftilt is retardedly overrated. snake's that don't do anything but whore it are SO easy to beat unless you're also snake lol
he still has his grab game and weight lol.

quoting your posts are the most ******** thing ever lmao, there is just a long wall of code for all the color shenanigans

etecoon

Smash Hero
grab game isn't that useful if you can't force anyone to get in your grab range. srsly, same thing as zelda. solid defense but can't force anyone to do anything and is unbelievably bad in the air

thankfully nades are borken, use more nades : )

Limeee

Smash Champion
HOW DO YOU DO THAT. Tell me.
lol, just look in tactical discussion, its called ISJR or SJR

as far as i see, its done by doing a bair so that it ends right as you are about to touch the ground and then buffering a double jump so that you don't actually land on the platform

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's pretty old, it's not really useful/useable in games though, it'd be funny as hell to see someone doing like, wall of snake or something though

etecoon

Smash Hero
showing off inbetween stocks is for sad and pathetic characters that can't spend that time turning the whole ****ing stage against you : )

snake pretty much is low tier if you ignore grenades(actually kind of being serious lmao). he'd be like a slightly better zelda lol
I beg to differ. Snake can be just as good without grenades.

What makes Snake good is his ability to turn a situation to his favor and keep juggling people until they die. You miss space a single attack and Snake can punish very hard and keep you offstage if you are good enough. Ftilt is really just used for punishing more than anything.

His defensive is equally great. With Ftilt and Dash attack Snake can punish just about any move out of shield that has 11 frames of lag or more. Which a lot of moves actually have. His rolls are pretty solid. He has a somewhat decent method of escape through dash attack -> upsmash.

The only real problem he has is approach apart from his recovery methods. But, because he has good defence, he can be a mobile castle. And, Snake's defensive options are vastly superior to Zelda's by far.

showing off inbetween stocks is for sad and pathetic characters that can't spend that time turning the whole ****ing stage against you :)
Now, what characters can do that? Snake certainly cannot. All he can do is set a mine and c4. Any mortar or grenade will expire before the opponents invic. frames run out. They can easily detonate the mine in invic. frames. All that really leaves is C4, and C4 isn't that hard to avoid.

napZzz

Smash Hero
no xeylode, what makes snake good is his ability to control the stage with explosives and force people into his overpowered up close game. Snake cant really juggle...lol

I got juggling confused with edgeguarding. All it really takes is one move of Snake's at mid percents to sent them offstage and into an edgeguarding position. Plus, he can juggle in a way by always being around their landing site. It gives him a free chance to get in close.

Depends on the character. I wouldn't be trying to place a mine against Falco, sonic, or some other character directly after they destory the mine. Others can destory it from a distance like Wolf's laser. So, really mine is a nice little distraction, but doesn't take away too much from the frames.

Not saying to not place it, just trying to say how really hard it is to place mines and actually ever get the chance to use them right.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've noticed for some reason a surprising number of people are worse at mixing up their edge recovery than they are at dthrow, I just toss those people off stage instead it's fun

snake's okizeme is too fun though when you're on with it, regrabbing someone 5 times is just evil and amazing

Limeee

Smash Champion
Any of you thinking of picking up melee?

i just came back from a smashfest were we actually played melee for bouts 5 hours straight.

samus seems to play a bit like snake, she can recover from almost anywhere but she's easily gimped (from what i've experienced), and her ground game is amazing, especially with wavedashing.

she has to set up her projectile game too, with bombs, missles, charge shots or whatever

so, what do you snake players think of melee?

etecoon

Smash Hero
melee was more entertaining and fun but no one to play around here. it also has more of a technical barrier than brawl and I'm not very technical lol

MLG should have taken melee back. with that much money on the line brawl is going to show more than ever what a retarded game it is

I like both of them equally.

Melee requires a lot more competitive

Brawl is a very defensive game

That's why :p

Underload

Lazy
Melee requires a lot more competitive
Lmao...

HG/SS COMES OUT TOMORROW AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET IT BECAUSE I'LL BE ON A FLIGHT TO MIAMI **** MY LIFE.

I'll probably get it in Florida though, that'll be pretty tight. I'll have an out of state copy of a game. It's an intriguing concept to me, shut up :p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
melee was more entertaining and fun but no one to play around here. it also has more of a technical barrier than brawl and I'm not very technical lol

MLG should have taken melee back. with that much money on the line brawl is going to show more than ever what a retarded game it is
Yup. The only way for this to NOT happen is to ban Briinstar(nothing personal DMG) and MK, but that's NEVER going to happen.

Truth is Brawl is part of the reason you aren't technical.

I'm still freelancing in Melee.

No doubt, that MLG is going to make people whip out the dumb **** in brawl, but I'm an optimist, I'm hoping new strategies to stop it are found.
I'm amazed that you still say optimistic. I used to be optomistic in 2008 that Brawl would shed it's heavily defensive skin, and I was wrong. Basically, I became jaded like Slappy in the buttermilk commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kr6ha6pnA

etecoon

Smash Hero
I thought about doing that but I felt it was too obvious. anyway, **** olimar, I hate him more than DDD lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
That matchup is in our favor imo.
it might be at the highest level but the snake has to learn significantly more about the other character and I have like no exp, my snake will lose to like anyones olimar even if they don't play olimar -_- I also don't know what to do against ike apparently lmao

Top Bottom