• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Hey everyone,

I've never been a poster, but I figure I can at least get into the social scene, meet some people, and hopefully learn a little about the game. On the note of color discussion, I have the characters I enjoy playing in a list here. These also happen to be the ones I have in the running for a main.

Falco - black
DK - yellow tie
Snake - green
Pikachu - green or blue
Peach - green
Welcome to the Smash scene, Thane! I hope you enjoy it here! Snake people are really friendly! I like them! Haha.. Game and Watch boards.. are.. bleh.. lol!

ErikG

Smash Ace
So I was browsing tactical, and this guy claiming to be a snake pro tried to enlighten people with Snake tactics. ...C4 next to mine... OMFG Hax!!!!!11!!1!!

But I <3 all Snakes.

Thane

Smash Rookie
Welcome, Thane. You'll find the Snake boards to be cooler than the rest of the character boards ;), hope to see more of ya around here.
Welcome Thane.
What Undies said.
Snake Boards > All.
I like pie. I ****s wit Key Lime Pie.
Welcome to the Smash scene, Thane! I hope you enjoy it here! Snake people are really friendly! I like them! Haha.. Game and Watch boards.. are.. bleh.. lol!
If I didn't think that the Snake boards were cooler than the others, this one wouldn't have been the location of my first posts. Thanks!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I agree, the Snake boards are really cool, I basically became a regular here when the Falco boards died, although it coming back now.

But we reaalllyyyy need a pro to be active here to help improve Snake's metagame.

Because people go to the easier characters to master. Snake is the hardest character in the game to use at a high level of gameplay.

I wouldn't say the hardest. Certainly one of them, but still not the hardest. But it does have a nice ring to here Snake being the Hardest of anything >)

Underload

Lazy
Hehehe...hard.

But Snake COULD be the hardest character to use in Brawl, not really because of his technicals (while he does have his fair share), but because of the odd moveset, mechanics, bad aerial mobility, ease of juggling, etc. I guess that's why I like him, though, because he's a quirky character.

Hehehe...hard.

But Snake COULD be the hardest character to use in Brawl, not really because of his technicals (while he does have his fair share), but because of the odd moveset, mechanics, bad aerial mobility, ease of juggling, etc. I guess that's why I like him, though, because he's a quirky character.
I agree with the odd moveset. When I first picked up Brawl over a year ago, I tried out Snake after using other characters. I kept playing him like I would others. I expected there to be a Dsmash that covered both sides like many characters do. Now, I no longer have that problem. And yes, Snake is hard. It takes a lot of skill to tap into hidden excellence. Ally, Razer, etc. are the closest we have seen to achieving that.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think MK is the hardest to learn.

Have you tried up b-ing out of shield? You have to press like... 3 buttons at the same time...

**** is hard.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, I wasn't on Smashboards because I was doing work.

I always end up here when I'm lazy.

If you guys were joking, I would actually say that playing as MK is actually pretty hard. Everyone knows how to play against MK these days, but MK is less likely to know how to play against you.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Are you kidding? I get ***** by MKs, and I know the matchup, it doesnt make it that much easier.

But I do agree with you on that, you expect to face MKs, then you like face a Yoshi and get ***** cuz you never fought a Yoshi before.

And when "you" are Snake, I think the MK wouldn't be that inexperienced at the matchup.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
MK as a character is not very hard to learn. Getting acquainted with his range, how to auto cancel his aerials and such is pretty easy. Learning matchups is something every character has to deal with, it's not MK specific, and while a lot of people having MK experience while the MK player might not, there are clear advantages and only close to even matchups for MK. While matchup inexperience is bad, having inherent character advantage is clearly very valuable, making him overall easier than other characters imo.

MK is easy to master though the fact that using MK's specials is something that you should know well because it's like "w00t 1m Met4 Knight and 1mm4 sp4m shuttle l00p, what the #$%% I went off-stage BOOM" and that's MK's specials in sumary

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
i got the swagg fluu
Uh-oh..

MK's pretty easy to learn. I know when I just randomly decided to play MK, and I fought a friend I knew what to do in what situations from watching so many MKs at fests and tournaments. And that was just watching, not experience. I'm sure there are a lot of small things to him, but he is pretty easy to pick up.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Isn't that funny. Despite Snake being one of the best to represent tournaments. There are very few well known Snakes.
thats because snake is harder than some other top tiers and he's not as good as he used to be (imo)
i got the swagg fluu
oh dang
MK isn't easy to master.
but he's easy to pick up and play. Mastering is a big word to use though obviously and means alot.
Uh-oh..

MK's pretty easy to learn. I know when I just randomly decided to play MK, and I fought a friend I knew what to do in what situations from watching so many MKs at fests and tournaments. And that was just watching, not experience. I'm sure there are a lot of small things to him, but he is pretty easy to pick up.
agree'd

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I think MK is the hardest to learn.

Have you tried up b-ing out of shield? You have to press like... 3 buttons at the same time...

**** is hard.
2 buttons and shift a stick. Idiota!
Aw ****! It's harder than I thought!
I laughed so hard at this, hahaha.

i got the swagg fluu
D***, H1N1 - HA hemaglutanin and NA neurominidase variations from recombination. Selectin HA injects viral peptides to change the radial curve/fluidity of our cell membranes, which primes it for fusion with viral membrane thus forming a hemifusion intermediate. NA cleaves sialic acid, which HA binds to, preventing HA from rebinding to an infected cell. This prevents aggregation and preserves virocity.

Who says SWF can't help you study :)

Edit: Runs away before SamuraiPanda (name search?) shows up and owns me with his vastly superior knowledge.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
MK was relatively easy for me to learn, but that's probably because he was the first character I learned, and I mained him for over a year. I lack a lot of match-up experience due to how rarely I actually play, so all I can do is use that character and try to understand how they work, and what problems they have. My skill is completely based on theory, and how I think about the game in my head.

-Ran

Smash Master
Most tournament viable characters only have three to four moves that are used in competitive play. It is easy to know what is the best option in every situation because of this. Meta Knight has many, many good moves, but each move has a very particular time and place that it should be utilized. The difference between a Pro MK and an average MK is move utilization. Though a fair, dair, nair, tornado, and up-b could all conceivably hit in the same situation, only one of them is the proper answer due to the character you're against, their location relative the stage, and the percentage they are at.

On a surface level MK appears to be easy, but mastery is an active, tiring endeavor.

Top Bottom