• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Actually in my opinion I think DI and MC are used in certain situations but I use DI more

What the? Xeylo sig? Splitting? As in sitting and putting your legs and you know that type of split right?

Underload

Lazy
I wonder what the "survivability" difference is between air dodge MC and aerial MC (both immediately followed by cypher).

Also, since the next tourney around here has no entry fee, I'm using any character I want except for Snake in singles. Thoughts?

That's what I meant and lol when I DI'ed against shuttle loop at 150%, I'm still alive!!?!?!? O_O

Whenever I try going back to the stage, I always normal throw 2 grenades at the air then I use cypher. It helps for bomb recovery or getting the enemy out of your way.

I'm looking at the mechanics to getting better at smash in general and tell me if you disagree or have something to add to this.

1) Stick to as few characters as possible. You'll learn faster.
2) Play 'gay' people. They will give you practice punishing things that should be easily punishable.
3) Play people greatly better than you. You get punished for nearly everything. You'll spend a lot of the time in the air. This is good practice for recovery and DI.
4) Play lots, and lots of people. There are many playstyles out there and a key ability in brawl is to adapt. Playing many many people will eventually get you to adapt to various situations.
5) Practice against all characters in the cast. Match-up Experience is very important and can safe your arse at times.
6) Practice on all legal stages against all characters. You never know when you will get CPed to a stage by some character you are unfamiliar with. Stage experience can also mean victory or death.
7) Avoid CPUs.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I'm looking at getting better at smash in general and tell me if you disagree or have something to add to this.

1) Stick to as few characters as possible. You'll learn faster.
2) Play 'gay' people. They will give you practice punishing things that should be easily punishable.
3) Play people greatly better than you. You get punished for nearly everything. You'll spend a lot of the time in the air. This is good practice for recovery and DI.
4) Play lots, and lots of people. There are many playstyles out there and a key ability in brawl is to adapt. Playing many many people will eventually get you to adapt to various situations.
5) Practice against all characters in the cast. Match-up Experience is very important and can safe your arse at times.
6) Practice on all legal stages against all characters. You never know when you will get CPed to a stage by some character you are unfamiliar with. Stage experience can also mean victory or death.
7) Avoid CPUs.
Agreed for the most part. Stick to maining a few. You can play others for fun. MU is indeed important... Learn the stages and if they benefit you (I CPed a bad stage)... blah blah, you pretty much said it all Xey.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
DI is survival 101. The way you DI is much more important than Momentum Canceling properly. If you're amazing at momentum canceling, but suck at DIing properly, you're still dying faster than you should.

And Xeylode, Rule #8 nullifies all of those.
8) Play MK.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I agree that we need a more experienced rep on the snake boards at the considered "professional" level, but none of the good snakes seem to like posting

ally, fatal, ultimate razer, etc.

I'd consider myself a great snake (not trying to brag or anything) but I'm not pro : /

I agree that we need a more experienced rep on the snake boards at the considered "professional" level, but none of the good snakes seem to like posting

ally, fatal, ultimate razer, etc.

I'd consider myself a great snake (not trying to brag or anything) but I'm not pro : /
You have gone to tournaments with some top people. You placed decently enough. This means you got skill, you have experience for sure. Good enough for me. What makes it more is that you continue to go to tournaments so you are active in the scene unlike myself. I can only do so much myself with my limited experience. Combine mine with yours, or better yet all of the Snakes; I think we can do as much as pros can. But agreed, we need some level of skill in order to proceed.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I wonder what the "survivability" difference is between air dodge MC and aerial MC (both immediately followed by cypher).

Also, since the next tourney around here has no entry fee, I'm using any character I want except for Snake in singles. Thoughts?
I'm not exactly sure on mechanics and what not, but before I used aerials, I airdodged jumped then cyphered and still died in a blast zone. This hasn't ever happened with an aerial.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Not to change the subject, but I just woke up and had a crazy *** dream. I was eating at wendy's with my brother when Kibmbo Slice came and lift my up, in my chair, and paraded me around Best Buy. Then, techno music started playin in best buy, I started dancin on the chair above Kimbo. When all was finished, my parents came to me to find a copy of "Turazrok" with bonus DVD footage. Apparently Turazrok is the new Jurassic Park Sequel, haha. It was an awesome dream.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Not to change the subject, but I just woke up and had a crazy *** dream. I was eating at wendy's with my brother when Kibmbo Slice came and lift my up, in my chair, and paraded me around Best Buy. Then, techno music started playin in best buy, I started dancin on the chair above Kimbo. When all was finished, my parents came to me to find a copy of "Turazrok" with bonus DVD footage. Apparently Turazrok is the new Jurassic Park Sequel, haha. It was an awesome dream.
LOL wow, I wish I can remember dreams that clearly.

btw, I like slept for 13hrs last night, im gonna be mad awake today.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Lol..... nice, is it the super dinosaur or no? Cuz I imagine a Turazrok would be bigger than a t. rex. Rawr rawr!!!! My dreams usually include jumping off tall things.

I'm trying to learn falco.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Falco is fun, Falco dittos isnt, I got 3 stocked at a tourney yesterday just from getting grabbed 3 times and cg-spiked.

BloodySnake

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to learn wolf... The one thing I don't like is that wolf flash goes at an angle instead of straight...
Falco's good, but I still like Fox better...

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm trying to learn wolf... The one thing I don't like is that wolf flash goes at an angle instead of straight...
Falco's good, but I still like Fox better...
You can use wolf flash to go through the stage if you ledge drop then use it. He relies a lot on bair, fsmash, and his pummel is pretty good. Dsmash is like a watered down vers of MK's

Turazrok

Smash Master
Falco is freakin' amazing. I'm picking him up, no lie.
Hey, that makes you have pit, falco, and snake. I see no point in pit in there :laugh:. I have snake, marth, falco, mk/ganon. Because everyone mains Mk and ganon. They just don't know it yet.

Underload

Lazy
Metaknight, Snake, Falco, Marth, Pit, Bowser, Falcon. That's my lineup. If I had to order them by skill I have with using them, then it'd go:

Snake
Falco
Marth
Metaknight
Pit
Falcon
Bowser

And I'm thinking of changing some of my character colors. Right now, I seriously use green for EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER (besides Falcon).

Snake (Default)
Falco (Red)
Marth (White)
Metaknight (Red)
Pit (Blue)
Falcon (Blue)
Bowser (Green)

But that's just me.

ErikG

Smash Ace
Now that we're mentioning characters and colors...

Snake (The one Ally uses/Leopard)
Falco (tan)
Ganon (White beard)
Marth (Light Blue)
Lolimar (any)
Shiek (black)
Falcon (blood Falcon/pink)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Err, I never really thought about all the characters I use according to skill but if I had to, it'd go something like this:

Snake (Blue/Red/Whiteish)
Meta Knight (Pink/Green/Red)
Marth (Green/White)
ICs (Red)
G&W (Piss Yellow/Cyan)
Fox (Green)
Ike (Original/Blue/Gold)
ROB (Blue/Gold)
DDD (Greyscale/Pink)
Wario (Blue (Overalls))

Clearly I use a lot of characters.
I'm piss terrible with just about everyone else. I think anyone I don't use either sucks or is too gay for me to use.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Falco (Birdy)
Snake (Kakashi)
Meta Knight (Galaxia Darkness)
Captain Falcon (Green Lanturn)
Peach (Striker Peach)

Thane

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

I've never been a poster, but I figure I can at least get into the social scene, meet some people, and hopefully learn a little about the game. On the note of color discussion, I have the characters I enjoy playing in a list here. These also happen to be the ones I have in the running for a main.

Falco - black
DK - yellow tie
Snake - green
Pikachu - green or blue
Peach - green

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hey everyone,

I've never been a poster, but I figure I can at least get into the social scene, meet some people, and hopefully learn a little about the game. On the note of color discussion, I have the characters I enjoy playing in a list here. These also happen to be the ones I have in the running for a main.

Falco - black
DK - yellow tie
Snake - green
Pikachu - green or blue
Peach - green
GAHHHHHHHH NON CONTRIBUTER GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nah, I'm kidding, posting is the second best way to learn stuff. I can't do my shdl right :(. I can dacus, thank you snake.

Snake-Original
Marth-Red(lol ken lol)
Diddy-White
Falco-Red
Mk-White

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Actually, the only reason I learned Marth is so I didn't have to learn to Falco matchup with Snake, and to avoid the Snake ditto. Even though Snake mains are pretty scarce in my area.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Actually, the only reason I learned Marth is so I didn't have to learn to Falco matchup with Snake, and to avoid the Snake ditto. Even though Snake mains are pretty scarce in my area.
I use marth for falco as well lol.

and welcome thane :] new posters are always welcome.

Top Bottom