• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

napZzz

Smash Hero
So SSF4 is gonna be dope!
yessss they're bringing back cody! And they're speeding it up too trying to eliminate turtling and some other things

I'm so hyped for it

I heard seth is getting more vitality, which is gonna be gay. And I thought they were nerfing sagat? Cuz they were nerfing gief weren't they?

Turazrok

Smash Master
So SSF4 is gonna be dope!
Mmm, I wonder how SSF4 is gonna be, new characters and all. Do you know if the game mechanics changed? Nurf Sagat, lariat, online noobs who mash shoryuken, buff some of the lower tier'd characters?
Lawl Snake social, not Sagat. We're not that broken lololololol. JK. Yeah I agree. I don't have the system for it, but it looks pretty nice. I wish I had.
One, Sagat will not be nerfed I hear. Everyone else will get better. Two, in an interview with Daigo, he said people whine about online noobs mashing shoryuken because they're not used to lag. And yeah.... That it.
yessss they're bringing back cody! And they're speeding it up too trying to eliminate turtling and some other things

I'm so hyped for it

I heard seth is getting more vitality, which is gonna be gay. And I thought they were nerfing sagat? Cuz they were nerfing gief weren't they?
I just realized. SRK.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Seth needs more life though. I dunno, I only play SF with my brother, never online. Also, I don't play competitively so. This ought to be interesting. I hope, I so hope that there will be an option to change stage music to character themes like in SFII: HDR. Character theme music is too good.

Edit: I doubt they will change stage music though. Also, it'd be cool if characters talked like they do in the "fight your rival" matches. Not gonna happen though.

What would you all like to know when Utilt will KO 'X' character given the best DI possible with a fresh Utilt? I was thinking of doing that. It will be hard to give the momentum canceling bit on my own, but it will be possible with simply perpendicular DI. The other KO chart thingy only shows it for the lowest possible percents. But they did it on training mode with no DI.

napZzz

Smash Hero
What would you all like to know when Utilt will KO 'X' character given the best DI possible with a fresh Utilt? I was thinking of doing that. It will be hard to give the momentum canceling bit on my own, but it will be possible with simply perpendicular DI. The other KO chart thingy only shows it for the lowest possible percents. But they did it on training mode with no DI.
thats how I'd prefer it anyways

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I feel like we need to get a pro on the boards to actually do stuff, cuz I feel like we've stopped trying to improve Snake's metagame.

How many pros do we have anyway? Hey this is great for the news!!

About the pro thing- Yeah I agree with Yume, we need a real pro who can spend time at the Snakeboards -_- I hope Ally knows about this because if he doesn't do anything to Snake's Metagame, I dunno but it will be terrible. I hope a Snake comes out of no where and he's a pro or maybe Ally can come back and tell stuff about Snake

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Well we do that already in the Q&A thread, I just wish that there is someone here who is willing to develope Snake's metagame like Susa did when she was still here.

Well we do that already in the Q&A thread, I just wish that there is someone here who is willing to develope Snake's metagame like Susa did when she was still here.
What I'm trying to do, even if it is little tad bits of information we could all use.

Perfect DI was something I never really understood entirely. The only part of DI I actually apply is perpendicular DI and Momentum canceling. I heard of quarter circle DI and holding control stick away from edge you are aheading towards, but I never really got a full definition. So anyway, I am testing this with perpendicular DI as it is the most accurate I can achieve on my own.

Edit: After testing MK on vs mode, perd. DI, and fresh Utilt, I got a KO percent of 93%-94%. Which if you look at __crystal____'s chart with no DI on final destination, that actually is only a 1-2 percent off o.o

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You need mad reaction time for smash DI, unless you like faired and know your gonna get punished beforehand. With smash DI you want to smash opposite of where your going to go to get you farther from the blast zone. As long as you learn perpendicular DI and momentum cancel you should be fine.

You need mad reaction time for smash DI, unless you like faired and know your gonna get punished beforehand. With smash DI you want to smash opposite of where your going to go to get you farther from the blast zone. As long as you learn perpendicular DI and momentum cancel you should be fine.
Yeah, I apply Perp. DI and MC. That is what I understood, but SDI I could never get to work right. Sometimes, I can SDI jabs, but other moves like angel ring, I can never SDI to get behind them, I just jump all over the place going up, down, so in the end I just back off and try to punish lag.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
well yeah because angel ring pushes you away, so its alot easier to sdi away from it. Its like trying to sdi sheik's ftilt away, soooo much worse than sdiing behind her.

Hmm.... Learn something new everyday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, and I think those KO percents __crystal____ got with that method are way more accurate than we thought.

His/her chart says 92% for MK and 122% for Snake. Given no DI on training mode.

My testing in vs. mode, with Perd. DI. 93%-94% for MK and 123%-124% for Snake o.o I think if you factor in momentum canceling you might live a 5% higher. If this stays consistent with only 1-2 percent higher from his chart, I'll just say use that, and figure out the KO percents for the sourspot of Utilt.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah, Velox and Susa tested alot of stuff for Snake, theyre the ones that found out about the grenade platform fall through trick.

Edit: Crystal is Velox btw.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Crystal, but more commonly known as Velox, is a guy. Yea, SDI isn't as important as reg DI and momentum cancelling. It's only gonna help slightly. Also, I've never seen someone use QCDI. Seems a bit harder on rxn time.

Edit: D*** it, beaten to it again!

Finally, it is inaccurate. Falco dies at an even 100% instead of 95% ^_^ Now, my testing will have purpose lol I feel that it will be a false hope Yume.

Dang it!! I wonder what's his next move, probably going to the Falco's

Also Velox for sure, KEEP A CLOSE WATCH ON THE NEXT BOARDS THERE GOING TO!!

I'm suspecting:
- Falco
- Shiek
- Ganondorf

No WAI!!!! If that's the case I'm finding Velox then duds! We shouldn't give up, we can't let Snake's metagame fall into the hands of the broken evil Meta Knight! We can find Susa or Velox or one of the legendary Snakers at the old Snake boards

People say to not worry about MC? DO IT ANYWAY!!! It is very important.

Falco, Snake's Utilt (Fresh), FD, Vs Mode, Perpendicular DI
Falco dies at 100%.

Falco, Snake's Utilt (Fresh), FD, Vs Mode, Perpendicular DI + MC
Falco dies at 110%.

Falco, Snake's Utilt (Fresh), FD, Vs Mode, WITHOUT Perpendicular DI, WITHOUT MC.
Falco dies at 91%-92%.

Momentum canceling adds 10% after regular DI. Regular DI just adds 8%. So to me, 10% > 8%... Now, who said thinks MC is not important enough to consider?

Top Bottom