• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Turazrok

Smash Master
No Underload, you have outgrown the Gamecube Controller. You need a Razer Controller. Upgrade to the Wiimote + Nunchuck ;)
Meh. People I know do that. Or use classic. The classicee in question says the buttons on gcube are too far apart, which makes me say wtf?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
@ Darkshadow: Its this saturday :( But you should come anyways and study on Sunday?

@ Turazrok: I do think classic controllers are the best actually (though I don't use one) there is the extra button in the bad (I wish I had one more to set to grab, would make grenade grab so much easier), plus the L and R have a shorter spring so you can shield faster/use it to jump.

And earlier in the year I bought white controllers for like everyone at BU who wanted them, so now everyone has them here. XD

ErikG

Smash Ace
The classic controller itself feels awkward in the hands. There's a newer model in Japan that has those side things you wrap your hands around [word for it please?]. The newer model would probably replace the Gamecube Controller for me.

Turazrok

Smash Master
The classic controller itself feels awkward in the hands. There's a newer model in Japan that has those side things you wrap your hands around [word for it please?]. The newer model would probably replace the Gamecube Controller for me.
Except it takes longer to set up unless they already have wiimotes connected. And don't wiimotes mess up nearby wiis?

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the Wiimote syncs to one Wii at a time, so it shouldn't mess up nearby Wiis.
That's what I mean. You finish a set, desync, resync, it's annoying. Plus if you play melee too, like myself, why learn more than one set of controls when you don't have to?

ErikG

Smash Ace
Well, I'm just saying I'd probably switch over to the Classic Controller Pro (found it's name). If it will improve your game, I'd say learning a new set of controls is worth it. Besides, the difference between controls wouldn't even be that great. You can map the buttons to have nearly the same layout as the gamecube, plus have an extra button.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I do actually like the idea of the classic controller pro, if i hear great things about it from smashers i may just get it too.

ErikG

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have a wired controller, but I think there might have been something wrong with it. I'll test it out later.

BloodySnake

Smash Rookie
still, two frames isn't much. I read that brawl gets 60 fps, meaning 2 frames is 1/30th of a second, a miniscule amount. Also, don't get the new gamestop cameleons, they're bulky, and it takes quite a while to get used to. I speak from personal experience.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Funny you should say that. Those gamestop controllers are a piece of crap.
I had to deal with one for the time that I didn't have an official GC controller. It sucked so bad.

On a side note.. I got suspended for 15 days today.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
:O that sucks! what did you do?!

My longest suspension is 2 days, thats from hacking into the school network.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
...I got suspended for defending myself. 2 guys came up to me, started talking ****, I called him a *****, one tried swinging at me... I'm not going any further. My best friend got suspended for 5 days for helping me.

I'm not in trouble with my parents or anything, because THIS time "I didn't do anything wrong."

Long story short... Don't **** with me, I don't even like fighting, but if I have to, I'm gonna **** you up.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Also curious. I've never been suspended. What did you do leafy? Were you brawlin and got in trouble for ****** noobs?

Edit: Also, sorry Yume, I can't go this sat. I really need to do well on my final in order to pass my class.

Turazrok

Smash Master
...I got suspended for defending myself. 2 guys came up to me, started talking ****, I called him a *****, one tried swinging at me... I'm not going any further. My best friend got suspended for 5 days for helping me.

I'm not in trouble with my parents or anything, because THIS time "I didn't do anything wrong."

Long story short... Don't **** with me, I don't even like fighting, but if I have to, I'm gonna **** you up.
Did you use sky uppercut, or double kick?
Breloom is awesome. Even if it doesn't know sky uppercut. (Does it?)

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Focus Punch all day!

And yes, Breloom learns Sky Uppercut at level 30-something.

I find my suspension especially hilarious, as I was a good 10 or so inches on both of the guys, and maybe like 50+ pounds, and they came up to me. My principal is ********.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Good news is that at most schools suspensions dont go on your transcript, so it shouldnt **** you up for college.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Focus Punch all day!

And yes, Breloom learns Sky Uppercut at level 30-something.

I find my suspension especially hilarious, as I was a good 10 or so inches on both of the guys, and maybe like 50+ pounds, and they came up to me. My principal is ********.
They didn't use fakeout? Or did you have inner focus? It's quite important.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
A) SuSa left? Whose gonna take over all the super super technical info he posts? :( But I guess if he's happier then good for him. One snake went back to his burrow to rest after owning n00b mice all day.

B) @ Leafy - seriously? A guy swung at you and you got in trouble. I f***in hate how schools act so ********! Ftilt the guy IRL. Seriously, clinch and knee to his face = broken nose. Grrr, I'm outraged at this atrocity. Something similar happened at my old high school. Kid was hazed pettily (throwing crumpled paper, stuffing paper frills down his shirt, etc.) for weeks. One day in homeroom, he socked " a bully" right in the eye and gave him a good cut. He got jumped in the lockeroom after school. Suspended. Stupid *** schools don't know how to judge. RAWWRR!

Edit: And yes I did get ninja'd. Ninja'd badly, haha. I had to pause a second and wonder what the hell happened.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
She will be missed indeed. Who knows, though. Maybe one day she'll be comin back to us, running through meadow with "So Happy Together" song playin in the background. Then we can return to the burrow with all the other snakes, in a nice house with a white picket Fence (IxxI).

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
*sniff* that would be the day... meanwhile, we need to change the title of this thread so we can always remember her and all that she has done for this board.

She did a lot of contributions to Snake's metagame at the same time he's friendly.... :(

500 posts!!!! plus became smash ace

-Ran

Smash Master
Mission accomplished with my Snake. I can now entertain Lee in matches [most matches down to last stock, some rare blow outs]. Now to beat him more than once out of thirty matches.

Top Bottom