• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Hmm... maybe your just forming bad habits because your playing so much? Try taking a break from playing for a few days and see how that goes.

A good thing to do also is to get the infinite replay hack and save as many matches as you can, then rewatch it and see if you can pick up some stuff. And if theres someone better with your character playing try to save some of these too. And watch how he handles that matchup. You will learn a ton.

Turazrok

Smash Master
My reads aren't good, I'm not camping correctly, I'm getting matches taken off me by people who aren't good, etc etc. The whole package.
I only have played PR people in my state and one of my friends. I beat friend. I lose to PR people. That means YOU Ran.

Edit: Oh and Curlz. And Nitez... That's it for non PR people.

I wanna play dissidia but I'm afraid that some if the Super smash bros games might come out on the DS

Question,why did you use warlock punch against MK O_O well nice ending (Ganoncide lol) but who won after that anyway?

-Ran

Smash Master
Because I was messing around. The match was a matter of 'If you cannot three stock my ganon, then you suck at Brawl.' The key was the ending minute where I tapped into the sexiness of Ganon. A Ganoncide is a victory always for Ganon.

Isn't this suppose to be good for the video thread or something?

Btw: What's with the sound? Delay--ish?

-Ran

Smash Master
I don't consider it a video worthy of being added to a video thread. To me, video threads should be composed of money matches and tournament matches. It's just a friendly. The sound delay is caused due to an encoding error.

-Ran

Smash Master
You mean the landmine at 50 seconds in? Either he didn't notice me plant it[He almost died off the side], thought he could power shield it, or he was too busy getting distracted by the Nikita [which was just shot out to guide him towards the land mine.]

-Ran

Smash Master
Yes. I knew that the Nikita would funnel him through the bottom path. As an opponent, he saw that the Nikita was unable to go down through the platform and so he used this as a shield to protect himself from it. I even played along with a vain attempt to turn it around to try to follow him. In doing so, he continued forwards as fast as possible, and ran straight into the land mine.

The other option for him would have been to go above the Nikita, where I would have angled it up and then canceled it where it would have slowed him down [force an air dodge] or actually hit him.

There was little risk in this plot. With the position that I had taken, I knew I would get hit by an aerial at the most. With any luck a Fair which I could SDI for lower damage [since I was expecting nothing but aerials.] He couldn't grab me, etc.

ErikG

Smash Ace
That was very smart Ran :bee: and I notice most people make jokes out of Ganon
He's bottom tier therefore trash. :mad:
I love Ganon, it's nice to know that at 70% your opponent is pretty much in kill range.

I still find Lolimar to be a bigger joke character. He's just so goofy.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Great Snake Ran, your snake moves really smoothly, I can do that with my Falco but not my Snake at this point.

Also that MK kind of sucks, ran into mines twice, got hit by C4 twice, got killed by nikita... and failed to punish you nairs...

Underload

Lazy
*sigh* man, I've hit another brick wall in Brawl. Usually, when this happens, a few days of not playing and then some simple CPU matches clear it right up. But, this one's been going on for two weeks now, and nothing's changing. It's so bad I've considered dropping Snake...I can't techchase anymore, I can't camp with anything but grenades, I can't COOK the grenades I'm trying to camp with, I'm getting hit by stupid ****, I'm predictable like none other (even other CO smashers admit it :/), my recovery's predictable as ****, and just bad stuff like that...Hell, I can't even powershield anymore because my controller is so old (8 years).

What should I do, Snake /b/oards? (lame joke)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
buy a new controller, you can get new white nintendo controllers from Japan for $25 plus shipping (which is like $8).

And if its getting harder to techchase maybe your opponents are wisening up, I use to be able to techchase so easily if theres a nade behind be because they would always roll forward, now everyone knows about it so they stopped doing it. You just have to use options that cover more of their options (like walking forward on ppl with bad rolls, this way you cover all their options). But if it seems like your never getting a techchase right, see if you can notice a pattern in your opponent. (for example, doing the option that would have gotten them punished the previous techchase because they notice you never do the same thing twice).

As for camping nades are the best bet, as a smart opponent can avoid everything else. Nikita is basically only good for disrupting their recovery, mines and easy to avoid/blow up w/o getting hit, same with C4, as they can react to you blowing it up. Instead of hoping to blow them up with mine/C4 you should try to predict where they will go do avoid it, usually they like to DJ over it in which you can uair/nair the spot they will jump to. Cooking nades are a mixed bag, I personally hardly cook them, but I know successful Snakes who do, but I dont think its neccessary, as long as you know the timing pretty well.

To be not predictable.... well its hard to get rid off habits, but try learning new things, watch some vids of pro snakes and see if you can find things they are doing that are working well and try to implement that into your game.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
After my controller finally crapped out on me, I bought 4 new ones online, 2 of which are the Japan imports. And the day after, my neighbour gave me his. I have spares for the next 20 years :D

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Very nice Ran. At 1:36 when you do the whole edgeguard setup, mine > upper right C4 > and you pulled a nade, platform drop, space and nikita, I was wondering what the hell you did with it. Rewatching I see you z-dropped it when you dropped through the platform (sound was off cause I hate desynchs). Good stuff, Imma use that now.

Edit: Yume you are always online... always :) Also, I'm coming to play on Friday the 11th so prepare for mah Samus!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Very nice Ran. At 1:36 when you do the whole edgeguard setup, mine > upper right C4 > and you pulled a nade, platform drop, space and nikita, I was wondering what the hell you did with it. Rewatching I see you z-dropped it when you dropped through the platform (sound was off cause I hate desynchs). Good stuff, Imma use that now.

Edit: Yume you are always online... always :) Also, I'm coming to play on Friday the 11th so prepare for mah Samus!
Agreed, I'm going to add the platform drop to z-drop nade to my arsenal :)

And bring it on Shadow! You should also go to the tournament on Sat, we should have enough room to take you.

-Ran

Smash Master
Underload, just go into training mode and practice B-reversing and nade tricks on all of the neutrals. When a good Snake is running on all cylinders vs someone that doesn't have a projectile, you can do so many things. =d I actually love the MK match up now because of it. My entire playbook of mind games is wide open. =p

Top Bottom