• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Turazrok

Smash Master
My KD/r is like .31; Riot Shields are fun. Although I've been going positive for the past few matches.

Domination is whats kills my KD/r, I love capturing flags more than I love not dieing.
Riot shields are the stupidest thing ever. Almost as bad as tripping. Throwing knives are where it is at.

ErikG

Smash Ace
@Tura I do it for the lulz. My two sniper buddies and I formed a chain across a bridge, and were doing great. Then we met up with a noobtuber.

@Darkshadow I prefer CoD to Halo, but that's just me.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
My roommate has NSMBWii, Im personally not a huge fan of platformers, but I do enjoy the multiplayer aspect as you basically try to screw everyone else over.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
As far as I know, Syx, if you asked for mod, you wouldn't get it. At least you would be less in conderation. According to SWF guidelines.
I've never asked and didn't plan on it =]

We should guess who the next mod will be and see who's right.
Some other mod will get assigned to our board

First off, Serin, thanks for the matches over wifi.

...Which is why I do not get why SuSa gets demodded...
He asked to be demodded a while back, before you got active here

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Time to refute!

Everyone here should play Touhou games. Its absurdly fun and totally free.
Calling Touhou games fun is an oxymoron.

Everyone here should play New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Better than all shooters, and I'm currently pioneering competitive multiplayer.
Lolol the Wii's future must be bright having to turn to games like that for any sort of competitive multiplayer action.

In conclusion, League of Legends > the aforementioned games. So go plays it!

Also, its at leagueoflegends.com .

Since I do not have a 360 or PS3, I play MW1 on the wii. Reflex as it should be known by.

2675 Kills:1888 Deaths
1.4168:1

I have not played any other game mode apart from Domination and Team Deathmatch. I played 3 domination matches and frankly hated it. I died everytime I try to get the flag. Team Deathmatch I find much more enjoyable. I actually live for a long time, and I get to abuse the ability of cover and therefore live longer instead of running out in the open to get shot at. Typically I get to call in a chopper almost every round. Best streak was 22 kills. I bet I could have gotten more, but my chopper got shot down almost as soon as it came out <_<

Panda FTW.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
My post count went soaring once college started lol, laziness causes me to spend my free time here rather than at the gym.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm old. And my post count reflects this.

Also, you guys must've really been starving for a red name 'round these parts, eh?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
indeed, and also I suggest we make a stickied critique thread, every other board has them, while we have tons of random threads titled "critique my snake plz"

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm old. And my post count reflects this.

Also, you guys must've really been starving for a red name 'round these parts, eh?
Yes we were honey. Poor Snake board. =/

In all honesty, at this point in the metagame the only new threads we should be seeing are critiques. Everything else can be answered in a Question thread. @.@

-Ran

Smash Master
Got 9th at a tournament with 40ish people. Lots of good Out of State people.

1: Gnes (Diddy)/ Lee(MK/Lucario) (split)
3: Trela (Lucario)
4: Hyro (Toon Link)
5: Reflex (PT)
5: Esca (Pit/ MK)
7: Jerm (Toon Link)
7: Cyphus (DK/ Diddy)
9: Jnig (Wario)
9: Ran Iji (Snake/ Marth)
9: kismet (Falco)
9: fakegeorge (G&W)
13: Nick (DeDeDe)
13: Arcadia (Falco)
13: Xyro (Samus)
13: NiTEZ (Diddy/ DeDeDe?)

The rest were all pools and haven't been added to the results yet. In pools I used Snake a ton, beat up a lot of people, etc. Unfortunately when it came down to singles I wasn't playing any match up that I favor with Snake. I played the two best Toon Links in the nation, Hyro in winners, and Jerm in losers. Both I lost to, but Jerm was a fairly close set. Aside from that, I had to play a falco player as well. In the campy metagame that now exists for Brawl where people camp with percent leads instead of stock leads, I don't feel that Snake can catch up to Toon link, and against Falco I don't like the potential for a Spike to large damage. q.q

On one hand, I'm glad that the only two people I lost to placed high, but on the other I feel that is inadequate. No one plays Smash to lose to a good player in a tournament match. I cannot justify a lose because my opponent placed well. @.@

Nice work Ran Iji

I'm going to see what my post count is in these thread alone.

Edit: apprently 1/3-4 of my posts are made here. Yay, I do not poke the social thread all that often.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Good stuff Ran Iji, I have trouble with the TL matchup too, luckily theres a ranked TL living in the town next to me so im gonna get some good pratice with him over break.

Hmm... I wonder what should I say for my 666th post?

Edit: lil G you can just call me Yume

Alright, I will.

My pledge to you Syx is to deciate my 666th post to you with this message.

"Since 666 is Syx's favorite number I am dedicating this post to him. Why 666... will always be a mystery to me xD"

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In the campy metagame that now exists for Brawl where people camp with percent leads instead of stock leads, I don't feel that Snake can catch up to Toon link
What? Given, you play near the campiest region in the entire world (Texas), but Snake can still handle Tink.

EDIT: Look at my name. See the space between the Samurai and the Panda? No? Thats because there isn't any.

Turazrok

Smash Master
What? Given, you play near the campiest region in the entire world (Texas), but Snake can still handle Tink.

EDIT: Look at my name. See the space between the Samurai and the Panda? No? Thats because there isn't any.
Hyro just kinda jumps around and drops bombs, spaces zair /bair, does sh arrow thingies, maybe a random rang. And then I just kinda am WTF I do mode. Then lose.

-Ran

Smash Master

I'm just saying that it isn't an automatic win or anything near that if you play with Snake. If the Toon Link is spacing and running the entire time with the mentality of just timing you out, Snake is forced to run to track him down. Snake running won't be doing anyone favors. For me, this means I need to bring out Marth to catch him in the air.

Over here, people camp if they have a 10% lead and there's 7:50 left in a match.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm just saying that it isn't an automatic win or anything near that if you play with Snake. If the Toon Link is spacing and running the entire time with the mentality of just timing you out, Snake is forced to run to track him down. Snake running won't be doing anyone favors. For me, this means I need to bring out Marth to catch him in the air.

Over here, people camp if they have a 10% lead and there's 7:50 left in a match.
Are you sure you're not just thinking of Sudai??? But yeah there's not much you can do if he just runs.

-Ran

Smash Master
Are you sure you're not just thinking of Sudai??? But yeah there's not much you can do if he just runs.
Everyone does it when the matches matter over here. Tlink just has a million projectiles plus a very frame efficient Zair. Rob isn't an issue when it comes to PSing since you only have to worry about a projectile every few seconds.

Top Bottom