• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I was very disappointed that I didnt eat turkey today, instead I ate duck meat. And its not appetizing unless its peaking duck, so I was pretty disappointed at the asian thanksgiving feast this year *sad face*

I never tasted peaking duck :\

Whoops! Sorry I accidentally dobleposted

I feel bad for our boards, it doesn't have the title "Happy Thanksgiving day"
Well anyway it's not turkey day for me it's.. FALCO DAY!!! lul

Underload

Lazy
I didn't play Brawl at all yesterday.

I'm actually gonna leave in a few to see if I can still find a copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Seems more fun than Brawl or Melee at the moment.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@BloodySnake-- D'aw! What did you do?
@Yume; Haha! Thanks! (: It is different. And I never had duck before! Is it good? O:

And yeah! I can't play Brawl at all, I left my Wiimote at a tournament I went to that's about an hour and half away, so I have to wait until I go back up there. ):

i barely play smash. At the most 2 times a week, usually just once every week or two.
I've actually been thinking of cutting back how much I end up playing. However, it's hard. When I end up playing one person who doesn't end up leaving, I never leave until they do pretty much. So, this leads us to playing for long hours. For example, I played Combo_Knight last night for pretty much three hours straight I believe. It's a habit I think I need to break. Thankfully, I only do this with a single person everyday. So, the rest of the time is spent doing whatever I feel like. Which is often times school work, hanging with people when they get the time, or playing Reflex/FE.

@BloodySnake-- D'aw! What did you do?
@Yume; Haha! Thanks! (: It is different. And I never had duck before! Is it good? O:

And yeah! I can't play Brawl at all, I left my Wiimote at a tournament I went to that's about an hour and half away, so I have to wait until I go back up there. ):
Last resort, waste 20 bucks on a new wiimote.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I seriously just never feel like playing because when I do its usually like a full day and a good 6-8 hours of smash lol and I'm like....content for the week.

Depending on the cost of gas to drive there, it might just be cheaper to buy a new Wiimote.
For most people that live in a city or suburb of a city, there should pretty much be a wal-mart or target there. And the store is within a few miles of people's homes. So if most people have a vehicle that gets like 20 miles to the gallon in city limits, gas is only around 2.50-3.00 dollars, then you are only paying .14 dollars per mile. So for most people, that isn't much. But if you live far out from the major cities and stuff it will be more expensive.

I seriously just never feel like playing because when I do its usually like a full day and a good 6-8 hours of smash lol and I'm like....content for the week.
Same xD However, my content-ness only lasts for roughly 24 hours. Then, I feel like playing again.

Edit: I get to put up christmas lights in cold weather what fun xD

I play brawl everyday for 3-5 hrs and I always start the game by going to training mode and do all the advanced stuff Snake can do. I wanna buy dissidia but I can't >.< but I still like brawl better but I just wanna try the game

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I play wayyyy to much, I dont even know how much time I spend on Smash per week. It varies based on the amount of school work I get, but in my free time its either anime, smashboards, or smash lol. I usually play pretty competitvely against good people 3 times a week. Other times its against CPU/training mode/ffas with n00bs.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
MK, IMO, is the second-fourth most fun character to play, under Ice Climbers, tied with Snake & Ike. Maybe it's just my bias, but CGing my opponent from 0-death gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling like no other.

You guys play alot. I haven't played smash in well over a month.
I just love the game that much. If I love doing something I will devote my time to it. When I read Eragon I loved the book and therefore spent the next week reading it at every chance I got. I even then decided to spent the next week reading it all over again. Now, I pretty much know the whole story and do not really need to reread it again. It happens a lot with things like books and movies. You see it once, you dont' need to watch/read it for another few months. Games can be the same way if you are doing just for the storyline. But, if the core gameplay is fun (like brawl) you never really get bored with it until you over play it.

@Underload: I got mine last year for around $170.

Underload

Lazy
Psst, I'm working on making a competitive ruleset for NSMB Wii.

"Competitive coin battle is bomb. Here's a tiny overview of what the game mode is like for those of you who don't own the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fW2trhkT1c

As you can see, there's a vast array of possible stages, most every course in the game if I remember correctly. Plus a "favorites" menu, perfect for isolating the stages deemed "fair" for "serious" play.

Once in the match, you and your opponent are competing for coins throughout the course. At the end of the course, the player with the most coins is deemed the winner. One course would make up one match. Two out of three matches would decide the winner.

In the actual match, there's a good amount of strategy involved. There has to be a fine balance between fighting your opponent for coins and helping move the course along through the level. Even while doing this, there's still the sense of competition going around. Both players need to be careful near pitfalls, lava, enemies, and traps, because it's very easy for your opponent to pick you up and throw you into a trap, usually leading to a lost life or some damage / loss of item.

There would need to be a standard ruleset / course list, and maybe some restrictions to in-game behavior and etiquette. GET AT THIS GAME'S COMPETITIVE VALUE"

I love brawl because it's awesome, unique and a different gameplay compared to those other HP-draining games

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Berk in the Q&A said:
Which thread? The SS round 3 thing? Well we should make a new one and get what she contributed in that thread and claim that it's his contribution so... wanna try it.
lol, Berk thinks Susa is a chick

EDIT: Also, traditional fighters are too good

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I like the idea of competitive ffa nsmb, and yeah Berk just because someone has an avatar of a chick doesn't mean hes a chick.

<-------------------

btw, I only know of 2 chicks here who are popular/regulars and that is Bunny and SNO, anyone else I should know?

etecoon

Smash Hero
SuSa? Are you alright? SuSa? SuSa?? SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's a picture

of an etecoon

susa once said that it looked like a troll, how perfect!

What's an etecoon?

Anyway I'm making a ------ you guys can't know It's a "surprise" well gotta do it :)

Top Bottom