• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I'm also having a hard time on intense of battle because of just one thing "pressure" which always happens when I reach Tabuu so usually I mess up dodging off-waves when I'm pressured, saddening

By the way Ran Iji, how is it with Marth? I heard from the CEC guide of the ICs that Marth has a pretty high learning curve?

<-- Btw, new icon. Reference from More Brawl taunts

-Ran

Smash Master
By the way Ran Iji, how is it with Marth? I heard from the CEC guide of the ICs that Marth has a pretty high learning curve?
The purpose of me picking up Marth was to view the game through a new set of eyes. My Marth has actually gotten pretty legit in the span of two weeks. I can actually view using him as a secondary now instead of just a space holder in a friendly. My Snake has become better through playing Marth. Also, through playing him I've learned what it feels like to have a popular match up not in your favor [MK vs Marth.] When I arrived for Phase 3 in Dallas at Dphat's house, I was the only nonMk player out of seven. As much as I wanted to pull out Snake, I stayed Marth.

One's perspective of a game shifts when you go from having all of your moves at your disposal to only being able to utilize three moves [Fair, Uair, and reverse pivot grab.]

Turazrok

Smash Master
The purpose of me picking up Marth was to view the game through a new set of eyes. My Marth has actually gotten pretty legit in the span of two weeks. I can actually view using him as a secondary now instead of just a space holder in a friendly. My Snake has become better through playing Marth. Also, through playing him I've learned what it feels like to have a popular match up not in your favor [MK vs Marth.] When I arrived for Phase 3 in Dallas at Dphat's house, I was the only nonMk player out of seven. As much as I wanted to pull out Snake, I stayed Marth.

One's perspective of a game shifts when you go from having all of your moves at your disposal to only being able to utilize three moves [Fair, Uair, and reverse pivot grab.]
I started as Snake, went to Marth, and came back. :laugh: My marth was bad. But I did learn a load of stuff playing as Marth.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
The thing about Marth is that everyone goes through that phase when they play him and thinks hes fun and good. So they learn him for a while, then they drop him because they realize they suck with him.

-Ran

Smash Master
I think what happens with most is that they play with him, think he has even match ups across the board, and then play against MK. After playing against MK, they realize that Marth is just an inferior version of MK, and so they switch to MK.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^Naw, Marth and Falco had a baby.
I had a marth period too, but I learned that I dealt with MK better with Lucario, in fact imo Lucario just slightly does better vs. MK as a whole than Marth (although marth has reeeeeeaaaaaaally good scenarios esp. while in the lead). Both get mega gimped pretty bad.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I think what happens with most is that they play with him, think he has even match ups across the board, and then play against MK. After playing against MK, they realize that Marth is just an inferior version of MK, and so they switch to MK.
Um, yeah that's exactly what I did lol.

Hey guys, you know anyone in AiB ranked high (or high skill) that is willing to play people no matter there ranking if they ask? Friendlies or Ranked, I dont' care. I'm looking to play at least one of every character of a high skill to try to understand the match-ups.

I managed to play Samboner and his Luigi and Fox; Holy's Rob; Ally's Snake; Serin's DDD; Dannykat's Marth; and that is about all I can remember.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Jesus Christ. I thought that was why you thought that, but I was like "no one can be that stupid."

I watched that video no b.s. like 10 times looking for what you were talking about only to find that nothing spectacular happened. :[

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I name searched...sue me...
Ken Neth: you commented a while back that you 5-stocked Meno and I. This is a complete lie. The best you guys did was a 3 stock. Get your facts straight.

Kk bye guys CO is kinda aight' at bawrl

I take back what I said about Olimar, MK is fun since you have to be careful about a lot of things

What I like about MK is that his tornado is a great shield poker and killing MK is vurrryyy satisfying since he's almighty--ish

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Oh god yes. It is genuinely broken - I have been KO'd by that move at lower than 80% before near the edge of Battlefield. Not to mention invincibility frames it grants MK and ridiculous range and speed. MK has nothing on the 'nades tho. Or Utilt lol.

Pulling out a grenade and shield dropping it against Shuttle loop sadly doesn't work. Curse the invincibility frames >.< and pretty much blame Sakurai for making shuttle loop so freakin' broken >:O

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
it only has invincibility when performed from the ground

Aerial shuttle loop has a ridiculous amount of killing power, grounded, not so much

napZzz

Smash Hero
I thought air shuttle loop had invincibility frames, just at a different time

or am I thinking or marths up b :S

Top Bottom