• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

D3?!?!?!!?!!?!!???!?!?!!?
Multiple people seem to have agreed that DDD is like neutral. It's easy for us to avoid the CG when we want too. And being able to outcamp DDD helps a lot. But that's what others have said. Heck, even Gates revised the MU on the DDD boards.

ied rather fight oli,zss,rob any day than a **** d3
I'd rather fight a DDD on any neutral then Oli/ZSS

ROB is easy.
I have Falco that stops ZSS/DDD and is even against oli and RoB I think. I'm thinking of picking up peach for the lulz. And just happens to be good against Olimar. I've no complaints really.

And apprently the data I had was so hard to find because it only took up like a 2 by 4 section of paper. It's only had 12 characters done <_<

And Velox is a magical serpent. :D

No, you're clearly a Chinese meth dragon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0mYSFPoCU

1:18
No Zajice I'm this ^

etecoon

Smash Hero
ROB isn't a bad matchup for snake lmao

really I think oli and MK are the only ones that really beat snake, a few others may have been tough or close to countering snake before, but then our dthrow got gayer : p although I guess for now that's mostly theory, everyone practice tech chasing D3 on pure reaction and go **** them lololol

after messing with it in training a bit I think, with a lot of practice, oli could be perfect tech chased too, but it'd still be in his favor because grabbing him shouldn't be happening to begin with.

and a few like pika, DK, and marth are going to continue to be about even IMO, we're not broken yet...

ROB isn't a bad matchup for snake lmao
I was judging Rob off of my stored memory banks. I had recalled rob being 60-40 in robs favor a little ways back. Haven't really had to give it much thought or read up on it in awhile.

I guess olimar will be the **** MU for snake now instead of DDD xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
that is/was a common opinion, I'm not really sure why, I've never considered ROB among snake's worst matchups...he can stop you from camping because the laser detonates nades, but the kill power and damage output differential is huge, and his juggling and edge guarding on you aren't as fierce as MK or Marth's. at worst I'd say it's even but honestly I think snake has an advantage on ROB, even though I think most ROB mains disagree...lol it's just like falco <_<

speaking of falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtz2YSwLXjk

it really is in snake's favor, you can get completely and totally outplayed and still win!(well as long as they SD too lol)

I'll never forget the thread that Holy made one day. He practically tells the Robs board that it's Snake advantage 55:45. He cannot beat Ally no matter what he tries. And Ally's response is to not camp so much xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
holy said he thinks it's even in that thread, but yeah, that thread was pure :023: induced emo mode, I was moved to tears :)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pikachu only ***** Snake if you don't know how to fight him. Otherwise, it's pretty much even.

I don't know how to fight Pikachu with Snake...

Which is sad...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
From my experience Falco, Marth, Pikachu do not beat Snake.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Pikachu only ***** Snake if you don't know how to fight him. Otherwise, it's pretty much even.

I don't know how to fight Pikachu with Snake...

Which is sad...
that is where your knowledge fails...

cases on why pika murders snake marginally

-Chaingrab... when you're grabbed and dragged to the edge from f-throw, it will follow into d-throws until 80-90% and that can be death for you.

-any attemps you attack and he blocks, he can just n-air OOS.

-he can setup into an u-air ->footstool -> jab lock repeat

-your recoveries can be screwed over by down-b if your up-b isn't stalled to where you don't touch it,

- just don't try to camp or he can camp u for a bit

-pretty much just be smart and aware of his approaches

I play ESAM (the most lazy good pikachu in FL, and definite top 3 pikas) , and i live minutes away to him...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just don't get grabbed.

Its really not that hard. Pika's have to approach because their projectile can't kill. We can camp them out with nades and the works. Jabs cancel out his camping, you just have play smart. Don't take a ton of risks, use a good amount of boost pivot grabs(they go into them a lot.). Just don't be stupid.

Panix

Smash Ace
Pick up Ice climbers if you have any problems.

Ice climbers ****....DDD (7-3 IMO),Falco (7-3 IMO),Oli (6-4). Ice climbers destroys anyone who is good because of there grab game. and snake loses to people with good grab game.
Do I see a match made? Yezzir

Rob's cake for snake IMO and Marth's Just got no kill power to beat snake.

Also, IC's do pretty well against Pickachu.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Waaaaay back when we failed at the game. In our epic wifi days.

When was the last time we even had a camp war? You don't even use Pika that much anymore. Let alone camp with him.

It's easy to outcamp Pikachu. Just press A when a jolt comes at you.

Diddy is not 2nd place.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tier list.

Some people in the MK ban thread were suggesting that Diddy would overtake Snake's spot in the tiers. Lols were had.

Underload

Lazy
The only reason he would move up more is ADHD >>;

And we should be greateful that we can camp so well, because otherwise, ICs would eat our lunch.
KayLo is one of THE worst mods I've ever seen, btw.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I'm kind of talking MU-wise. What do you think the matchup is because personally, I think it is 55:45 in our favor.

Top Bottom