• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Underload

Lazy
Lol GGs Velox, sorry I was too caught up in the matchup thing to get back to the matches. **** Snake, really good at catching my mistakes. And I lol'd when you used the 0-lag nade mine thingy on me. Good shizzz.

Also, your nade star KO the first Snake ditto followed by my mortar star KO the next match was lulzy. Explosionz!

Lol GGs Velox, sorry I was too caught up in the matchup thing to get back to the matches. **** Snake, really good at catching my mistakes. And I lol'd when you used the 0-lag nade mine thingy on me. Good shizzz.

Also, your nade star KO the first Snake ditto followed by my mortar star KO the next match was lulzy. Explosionz!
Your mortar flew up higher than I expected :( I bet Snake felt that one up his *** :laugh:

I noticed what SuSa mentioned about variations in playstyles. Mine seems to be more up in your face while yours in a bit more campy.

Underload

Lazy
@Velox: Your playstyle is pretty matchup dependent, as in you seem to have character's weaknesses stored in your head and you take advantage of that during a match. It works well.

I use a ton of grenades nowadays which I guess makes me campy. Before, I didn't know how to cook nades n' stuff, and I would always be up in your face with DACUS's, tilts, and techchases. About a month ago my state started saying how no one camps and everyone plays "may I open the door for you, sir" Brawl instead of regular Brawl (I'm not making this up). So I decided to help us become a better Smash state by camping moar. The camping phase will go by soon enough and I'll settle into a good medium between the two :p

Also, I'm picking up ZSS like SuSa picked up Sheik before. Dunno why, she's just an interesting character with tons of potential and an underdeveloped metagame.

#1 Snake
#2 Diddy
#3 ZSS

Time to get to work!

EDIT: Also, I think I fall under the category of mobile camping since I love me some in-your-face fights.

@Velox: Your playstyle is pretty matchup dependent, as in you seem to have character's weaknesses stored in your head and you take advantage of that during a match. It works well.

I use a ton of grenades nowadays which I guess makes me campy. Before, I didn't know how to cook nades n' stuff, and I would always be up in your face with DACUS's, tilts, and techchases. About a month ago my state started saying how no one camps and everyone plays "may I open the door for you, sir" Brawl instead of regular Brawl (I'm not making this up). So I decided to help us become a better Smash state by camping moar. The camping phase will go by soon enough and I'll settle into a good medium between the two :p

Also, I'm picking up ZSS like SuSa picked up Sheik before. Dunno why, she's just an interesting character with tons of potential and an underdeveloped metagame.

#1 Snake
#2 Diddy
#3 ZSS

Time to get to work!

EDIT: Also, I think I fall under the category of mobile camping since I love me some in-your-face fights.
Character weaknesses? 0.o What does that mean.

I'm going to be picking up Peach when I get the chance to get accustomed to using her more often. So far I've only used her sparingly. So it's weird that the 3 of us are picking up female characters all of a sudden xD

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I don't know the formula, but after 2 minutes their damage+knockback are weakened.

It is refreshed after they are killed or they use down-B to switch.

I can find out the exact formula when I get home on Friday.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Tank = mobile camping
OMA = just rapestomp your opponents face into the ground. very little reliance on camping
Fortress = build defenses around you and just camp in one spot
I try to OMA because camping bores me but against a lot of characters(MK, Marth, DDD, DK being good examples) I have to get campy as hell, so annoying :/ I'd say "why do I even main snake" but it's more like "why do I even play this stupid game" :laugh:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Epic logic you have there. :3

I play like a Tank until they get in on me... then I just go OMA. XD

Also tip against MK:
When you have the lead. Don't do ****. <_<.... if he's really far away, throw a grenade. If he jumps, short toss a grenade. But.. otherwise just sit there.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I tried picking up ZSS as a secondary but she's just way too light and has hard spacing. I like her, but her learning curve is pretty big. I feel more comfortable with Samus and spamming full hop double missles and zair, even if her projectile game isn't as good as in melee. Weak (mid?) killing power too :(

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I was wondering, how does the whole fatigue thing work with PT?
3.5 Fatigue Multiplier

Not everything is known about this multiplier. However, it is 1 if the character is not a pokemon trainer pokemon. Otherwise, it is in the interval [0.7, 1] where 1 is fully unfatigued and 0.7 is fully fatigued. There is in fact a spectrum of fatigue levels and the multiplier can take on various values in between 0.7 and 1. The multiplier cannot take on every value in this interval, however. When the pokemon shows no signs of fatigue, the multiplier is 1.
from http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210557

etecoon

Smash Hero
I love sakurai's logic, nerf samus and link who were ok but not great in melee, and (in some ways at least) buff marth and falco, who were top tier. GOOD JOB SAKURAI

:3 < to me this is like... a happy/almost laughing face.

:x < often used for a 'kiss' face, it's my "embarrassed" or "lol pwn" face
For the :x, I would never have thought that's what it meant. If you have seen any manga or anime style drawing, they have this cat face like think that :3 matches fairly well.

Thanks for that. I guess that fatigue doesn't effect knockback resistance, but it's weird. Everytime I face an ivysaur, he dies at incredibly low percents compared to squirtle. I guess people might just have had bad DI moments with him.

I love sakurai's logic, nerf samus and link who were ok but not great in melee, and (in some ways at least) buff marth and falco, who were top tier. GOOD JOB SAKURAI
Samus surprises me. With a character with a good combo game, she doesn't seem to be able to kill at all.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Any snake's care to uhh... wifi it up? I need a pretty good one too, I need to learn this match-up very well =x

@Rukkiko: I can play now if you want, but yes, I can play in an hour.

marvel games, blazblue, and any other games where combos are in the 50's are hard... Well, it might be i suck at them, but geeze. I prefer SF to those big combo games.
Oddly enough, I dislike any other kind of fighter game except Smash.

Underload

Lazy
I've only had the opportunity to try out Street Fighter 4. It was alright.

MvC2 looks like tons of fun, not a fan of GG/BB, and any other fighter really doesn't interest me.

Top Bottom