• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I wonder what the appeal to Smash is then xD

I play Soul Calibur III and Smash.
Soul Caliber was the other fighter that I've played. I've played SF sort of, but Soul Caliber was certainly one I wouldn't mind playing. But it's not a favorite.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
crystal can you still play? if so my fc is: 3394 9317 3031

I can play a quick best of 5, as my dad is pressing me 0.o

napZzz

Smash Hero

Falco:
Chaingrab --> 50%
Can setup for spike
Lasers --> 3% if fresh, 1% if stale~
predictable recovery
Lasers stop on shield

Diddy Kong:
Constant BCC (Banana Choke Chaingrab) using pummels with a banana --> infinity
Banana > followup (2-5% from banana + attack, can be done at any %)
[at lower %'s attacks link together (DA > Bair/fair/uair/utilt/usmash, etc.]
DBL (Double Banana Lock) across stage --> 3-5% per banana hit, can get about 6? in across FD --> Can be done at any %
Glide toss > Fsmash/Dsmash (reliable KO move at any %) --> Can be done at any %
Better mixup for recovery.
Better grab game overall (easier to get you off stage at good angles)
BANANAS CAN GO THROUGH SHIELD TO TRIP YOU

Diddy overall has far superior options compared to Falco. A good Diddy won't let you use the bananas as much as you think.

you're forgetting that all these nanner locks and **** are rather difficult to set up for, you make them sound easy. Have fun doing them when snake can mortar slide at the sign of a coming banana and grab it, or camp with nades and space with ftilt of course. Mixup for recovery? Snake can drop and bair if diddy is charging upb and the side b's are usually obvious, not like snake is an offstage character anyways

excuse if my logic is dumb but yesterday I had a seizure and another this morning and I cant think straight and I dont know what I'm doing

**** my life

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
GGs crystal! Your Snake ***** the **** outta my D3. I'm proud of my Marth though, patch up some mistakes here and there and im good =]

GGs crystal! Your Snake ***** the **** outta my D3. I'm proud of my Marth though, patch up some mistakes here and there and im good =]
Same, ggs.

I blame wifi for the DDD coverage. I escaped from a couple of CG attempts because of the wifi. Marth did well. It's funny how whenever your Marth played, one of us ended up SDing from something during a stock and it lagged more whenever DDD came on. xD

Just wondering, is Fair > drop > UpB a safe ledge stalling maneveur? It seems to be that it would be easily edgehogged if one powershieled the Fair from the ledge and immediatly edgehogged. I tried it once, but I think I failed to hug the edge or soemthing because I simply seemed to jump off the ledge and not hog it.

3rd match against my Snake was ****. That will teach me for trying to get you offstage in some way xD Spiked, and failed to recover.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My Wii doesn't reflect tiers at all. A bunch of high tiers are dead last, and a bunch of low/mid tiers are up high.

Wario is 4th least used for example. MK is somewhere in the middle.

My top 4 are Snake, Ike, Pikachu, and Toon Link. My Pikachu still hasn't overtaken my friends' overuse of Ike...

My Wii doesn't reflect tiers at all. A bunch of high tiers are dead last, and a bunch of low/mid tiers are up high.

Wario is 4th least used for example. MK is somewhere in the middle.

My top 4 are Snake, Ike, Pikachu, and Toon Link. My Pikachu still hasn't overtaken my friends' overuse of Ike...
I only use characters I've taken an interest in. Most of the top tiers are interesting to play. If you look at the Stier alone you have 7 completely different and unique playstyles.

At the lower ends, only like one or two method of attack they have seem effective. For yoshi, eggs and SH Bair are really the only methods of approach that are fairly safe. With Snake I can mortar slide them, grenade them, ftilt them, grab and jab them with relative safety.

So to me, higher tier just show a lot more variety in the game play than lower tiers. Of course, Falco is pretty stale when I think about it at times, but it doesn't bug me. I have a growing interest in using peach even though I don't know what options to use for a particular situation half the time xD

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
you're forgetting that all these nanner locks and **** are rather difficult to set up for, you make them sound easy. Have fun doing them when snake can mortar slide at the sign of a coming banana and grab it, or camp with nades and space with ftilt of course. Mixup for recovery? Snake can drop and bair if diddy is charging upb and the side b's are usually obvious, not like snake is an offstage character anyways

excuse if my logic is dumb but yesterday I had a seizure and another this morning and I cant think straight and I dont know what I'm doing

**** my life
If you mortar slide, you pick up one nana and get hit by the other. then you get thrown and edgeguarded. Wrong choice sir.

The side b's are annoying as heck to hit. And its alot harder than you think to hit a good diddy with a bair.

If you mortar slide, you pick up one nana and get hit by the other. then you get thrown and edgeguarded. Wrong choice sir.

The side b's are annoying as heck to hit. And its alot harder than you think to hit a good diddy with a bair.
For a second I thought nana was from the ICs xD

I would say that your OMA fits this situation SuSa on countering Diddy.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I only use characters I've taken an interest in. Most of the top tiers are interesting to play. If you look at the Stier alone you have 7 completely different and unique playstyles.

At the lower ends, only like one or two method of attack they have seem effective. For yoshi, eggs and SH Bair are really the only methods of approach that are fairly safe. With Snake I can mortar slide them, grenade them, ftilt them, grab and jab them with relative safety.

So to me, higher tier just show a lot more variety in the game play than lower tiers. Of course, Falco is pretty stale when I think about it at times, but it doesn't bug me. I have a growing interest in using peach even though I don't know what options to use for a particular situation half the time xD
You're kinda like me. I love a bunch of the high tier characters. They're all fun to play (even MK).

Spelt told me I should just main the entire S tier cause I'm halfway there already. The only ones I haven't really taken much interest in are Wario and Dedede, but that's cause I never really tried them out more than a couple times.

Although, I play a bunch of the low tiers for kicks too.

Edit:
Me and Underload went dual Snakes a bunch in teams. We *****.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
They also have really broken 2v1 tactics.

Does anyone here know how epic double dthrow tech chasing is?

One person stands outside of "attack" range, and the person who dthrows just shields. Together they cover everyones options.

You can also air release chaingrab MK/Falco/Sheik/Fox/Ganon/Wolf and others back and forwarth.. just pummel 1-2 times, air release, and wallah. No risk mistiming unless you just suck.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
2 mines, 2 C4s, 4 grenades, and 2 giant **** machines all working together all over the stage.

Nowhere is safe.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am doing it with Dook. I just hope he is even half as good as me. if he is, then we have this.

@Susa, I love you too.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nobody will do my dream match of Snake and Snake vs Snake and Snake. Best I've gotten is Snake and Snake vs Snake and MK.

You're kinda like me. I love a bunch of the high tier characters. They're all fun to play (even MK).

Spelt told me I should just main the entire S tier cause I'm halfway there already. The only ones I haven't really taken much interest in are Wario and Dedede, but that's cause I never really tried them out more than a couple times.

Although, I play a bunch of the low tiers for kicks too.

Edit:
Me and Underload went dual Snakes a bunch in teams. We *****.

Meta Knight (For fun, yet surprisingly decent with)
Snake (Main)
Wario (Tried out)
Falco (Main)
Diddy Kong (Tried out)
King Dedede (Tried out)

Marth (Tried out)
Mr. Game & Watch (Tried out)
Pikachu (Tried out)
Olimar (Tried out)
Ice Climbers (Tried out)
R.O.B. (Tried out)
Kirby (Tried out)

Lucario (No idea)
Zero Suit Samus (Suck with)
Toon Link (Tried out)
Pit (Tried out)
Donkey Kong (lulz)

Peach (Want to learn)
Luigi (....)
Fox (Tried out)
Wolf (Tried out)
Sonic (Horrible with)
Sheik (Cool to use)

Bowser (Tried out)
Zelda ( Cannot do crap with)
Pokémon Trainer (How do you use them effectively)
Ike (Fun)

Lucas (no comment)
Mario (forgets he exists)
Ness (no comment)
Yoshi (lulz)
Samus (Bad with)

Jigglypuff (lulz)
Captain Falcon (lulz)
Link (mained in 64/melee, most disappointing character to me yet)
Ganondorf (lulz)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Just to answer crystal's question, that's Marth's safest ledge option, as if your spacing the ledge, you'll always catch the tip of the blade, so the ps won't do much =]

Snake related chat ehh? I fail with using him -_-

Just to answer crystal's question, that's Marth's safest ledge option, as if your spacing the ledge, you'll always catch the tip of the blade, so the ps won't do much =]

Snake related chat ehh? I fail with using him -_-
You had thought about maining him?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think I even know what/who Team Duelists is.

I wanna do this! Just without the big tier pictures.

S tier
Meta Knight - Sort of a secondary.
Snake - Main
Wario - Tried out.
Falco - Sort of a secondary.
Diddy Kong - Used for kicks.
King Dedede - Tried out.

A Tier
Marth - Sort of a secondary.
Mr. Game & Watch - Used for kicks and 9s.
Pikachu - Main.
Olimar - Tried out.
Ice Climbers - Used for kicks. Was considered for secondary.
R.O.B. - Tried out.
Kirby - Used for kicks since 64.

B Tier
Lucario - Tried out, wasn't that fun. I WAS going to main him before Brawl even came out.
Zero Suit Samus - Tried out.
Toon Link - Used for kicks. Used to be a main.
Pit - Used for kicks.
Donkey Kong - Hate.

C Tier
Peach - Used for kicks.
Luigi - Used for kicks.
Fox - Used for kicks. Used to be a secondary.
Wolf - Tried out.
Sonic - Tried out.
Sheik - Used for kicks.

D Tier
Bowser - Tried out.
Zelda - Used for kicks.
Pokémon Trainer - Tried out.
Ike - Used for kicks. Makes my noob friends jealous.

E Tier
Lucas - Used in several double teams only, less than Ness.
Mario - Used for kicks less than Luigi.
Ness - Used in several double teams only.
Yoshi - lulz
Samus - Used to anger people with spamming.

F Tier
Jigglypuff - lulz
Captain Falcon - lulz
Link - lulz since 64
Ganondorf - lulz

As you can see, I use A LOT of characters for kicks.

napZzz

Smash Hero
crystal should come out to a tourney soon! plllzzz

we can do double snakes, you know soeone is hosting monthlyss now right? They are in eden prarie at his parents house you really should come if you're good we can take doubles velox ;)

napZzz

Smash Hero
Team snake duelists? I'm so doing this when I go smashing again soon, my friend actually had the stage and we played for awhile, highest I got was 435 or something

Top Bottom