• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ahh i see, yeah i totally see where you are coming from now.

If wifi screws with you so bad why play on it?
To avoid a long discussion and explantion that would probably take 15 minutes to tell, I'll give you the short version.

My scenario is such that I cannot get any offline talent or even any regular players. And I do not want to play CPUs all the time. Next solution is to play wifi. And really once you get accustomed to wifi it's not that bad. Just certain things can be a pain. As I mentioned, Dthrowing tech chasing is rather difficult for me online, powershielding is hard to perform consistantly on projectiles. Yet I've managed to perform them on attacks.

Certain things I would like to perform are rather hard. But overall I think it's an invaluable learning experience. You simply have to get offline training next after that. Plus, it depends how good a connection you have. I've gotten better at getting people with connections that have been only a few frames in lag.

I'm not really sure what online tactics there would be. Spamming is pretty much the only online tactic that seems to ever work online.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Examples of using WiFi tactics:

MK's spamming whorenado/dsmash as their only moves. It is obvious they play WiFi a ton because offline they usually get weeded out within the first few rounds.

Snake's who try to play completely aerial based, thinking people will jump into nair or not SDI out or use a move like Marth's up-B to escape. Snake's who expect throwing uncooked mines will outcamp an opponent, etc.

Using ftilt whenever you should've grabbed. Offline it normally gets powershielded and you get grabbed.

Little things like that....

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Hmm... let's see, I probably ftilt when i should grab a few times and I usually throw uncooked nades to have them out there, not to camp. I usually start a match by one mid-uncooked nade and cook my second one. I guess I should stop that.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Examples of using WiFi tactics:

MK's spamming whorenado/dsmash as their only moves. It is obvious they play WiFi a ton because offline they usually get weeded out within the first few rounds.

Snake's who try to play completely aerial based, thinking people will jump into nair or not SDI out or use a move like Marth's up-B to escape. Snake's who expect throwing uncooked mines will outcamp an opponent, etc.

Using ftilt whenever you should've grabbed. Offline it normally gets powershielded and you get grabbed.

Little things like that....
Thanks its pretty clear now what your saying and i feel kind of dumb for playing so stupid online before this. I know that this probably isnt the place to ask questions about like wifi etc but i was just really curious. Thanks for all the tips etc, maybe one day my snake can be as good as yours man and maybe i cna win some money winnin tourneys :) (ive ever only gotten 2nd :/)

CPU solves this solution. They powershield your *** like crazy.

I had a CPU powershield all of the hits of marths Dancing Blades in consecitively, or powershield a jab > jab(2) > ftilt 1 > ftilt 2 for Snake. It's not bad if they just punished you for it, but no, they want to see how many powershields they can get in a row xD

SuSa

I still don't think my Snake's that good. :X

I'm HOPEFULLY going to a National Tourney here in CA. It's Sept. 26/27th and I plan to take that **** home or at least prove to my SoCal people that I'm not just a scrub. (looks over at rolfjont)

$55 to enter, but I already won that in tourney winnings.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Wow $55 (is that door plus entry or just entry?) haha thats crazy, people in GA ***** about tourney entrys of $20 i dont know what they would do if it was 55. Ive only got $40 in tourney winnings :/

Whats the turnout looking like for that tourney?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
That's a huge buy in. What's the name of the tourney and will there be live stream? I often name search all of you guys to see how you all play. I want to get a sense of what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. So far I get baited too much and never use any spotdodges or rolls (few to none is should be, right?)

SuSa

Active Gamers 2 - Coast to Coast.

It's a NATIONAL tourney so of course it's going to be huge.

$55 total for Brawl. $25 (or was it $20?) entry with the other being venue.

turnout looks to already be 30-40, and we're looking at 150+ I'm thinking...

I still don't think my Snake's that good. :X

I'm HOPEFULLY going to a National Tourney here in CA. It's Sept. 26/27th and I plan to take that **** home or at least prove to my SoCal people that I'm not just a scrub. (looks over at rolfjont)

$55 to enter, but I already won that in tourney winnings.
Your Snake is brackets legit. Mine might only be good for pools.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Active Gamers 2 - Coast to Coast.

It's a NATIONAL tourney so of course it's going to be huge.

$55 total for Brawl. $25 (or was it $20?) entry with the other being venue.

turnout looks to already be 30-40, and we're looking at 150+ I'm thinking...
Wow thats awesome, you should come to a big EC tourney like Pound 4 or a Gigabits or something so maybe would play. Or even better yet i wish GA had a big smash scene and could get a huge hyped tourney with 100+. We get some good players like Reflex and Kismet but the tourneys are usually 30-40 at max :( which isnt too bad but its just not a huge tourney which im sure any GA or southeast smasher would like.

On a side not how long have you been playing snake SuSa? since Brawl came out?

SuSa

About 7~ months I think. I played DDD+Marth when Brawl came out. Moved on to Lucario, then Link, then back to Marth, then Pikachu, then Meta Knight, then Diddy Kong, then Snake.

XD

Also if I win this WC tourney and get sponsored, I will def. go to an EC tourney. :) haha

EDIT:
I'm only 16 :x and me and my Dad are pretty poor....

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
About 7~ months I think. I played DDD+Marth when Brawl came out. Moved on to Lucario, then Link, then back to Marth, then Pikachu, then Meta Knight, then Diddy Kong, then Snake.

XD

Also if I win this WC tourney and get sponsored, I will def. go to an EC tourney. :) haha

EDIT:
I'm only 16 :x and me and my Dad are pretty poor....
Link?? Haha wow i guess its a good thing you moved on :laugh: and yeah man GL at this coming up tourney im sure youll do pretty good and look forward to seeing you on the EC.

I was just wondering b/c ive been playin him for about like 3 months and i mean id say im doin alright and getting a lot better and I think if i get top 8 at a couple more tourneys ill be on the GAPR :)

I just gotta get over the falco and DDD matchup :ohwell:

SuSa

I'm thinking of doing an entire writeup on Falco because it's the matchup I know best. (I know it so well that I've CP'd a few Falco's to Japes as a mind****/taunt)

DDD we have a writeup that the SS made. ;) Read it, it helps a lot.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I used to play falco's a ton but since playing kismet at the last tourney i have a weakness to them now but the grab release to edge has seemed to work really well.

Im gonna go read that DDD matchup right now lol thanks for the heads up.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I **** Falco and G&W... what are you on?

It's just sooo boring if the Falco is patient and camps the entire match.
I read the post wrong lol. My bad. i could write up the Diddy Match up if you want me to. I have more experience than probably anyone here.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Me and some friends had a mini smashfest today.

Brawl for an hour.
Melee for 2 and a half ours.
Puzzle league for 30 minutes.

Twas phun. Still fail melee though.

SuSa

LOL no idea how I found this thread, but here is the link to the tournament Susa was talking about:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243553

The entry fee is that high because the tournament is guaranteeing $7,700 in prize money on top of 2 sponsorships. It's a big deal.
You name search "active gamers" I know it. ;)

Also yeah, your explanation was far better. Forgot the guarenteed pot and sponsorships. lol

Haha man, if I go think you'll have time for 1 friendly or MM? I want to redeem myself for what happened way back at the Palmdale Biweekly. :)

HugS™

Smash Lord
nah i just read "Snake has 2 more techs" and I was interested in reading it. Haha. I still have no idea what those techs were.

EDIT: We've played before? How long ago?

SuSa

I'm Havokk (double k) from Nov/Oct of 2008, we played in Losers Bracket of Palmdale Bi-Weekly IIRC. We went to 3rd game and I SD'd at Brinstar when we were both at like 130%+

It was ages ago and we've both improved a ton. :) I was such a nervous wreck when playing against you after I found out you were THE HugS from Melee....

Also if you read the Snake boards you'll see 2 recent threads, each with a technique. Those are what the topic is about.

EDIT:
Decided to link you to the threads instead. :)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243676
and
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243437

bobson

Smash Lord
God****it, you guys are gonna be worse than Metaknights at this rate.

SuSa

Bobson... we already are. ^_^

@Zajice
LOL

I made a new video, working on some quick editing outs to make it shorter at the moment.

Instant Grab on platform (from the Japanese video) is really easy to do... <_< I had it mastered but got nervous recording. XD I can do it like 80% of the time now.... just press down then quickly press shield... no biggy.

Grenade leaving, I'm just displaying it for everyone to get a visual.

And Zero Lag Grenade on mines. Just displaying that really quickly.

PS:
I combined the Jon Tech with the Grenade leaving (with the mine on the platform, you can phase right through it BUT THE GRENADE WILL BLOW UP THE MINE so be careful you don't get hit...) into a bair. I didn't record this, but dayuummm. People say Brawl don't have techskill. LOLOLOL

SuSa

Where you pull a grenade, shield, and the grenade is magicly in your hand. Can only be done on platforms.

Japanese said 1/3rd success rate. Japanese people lack tech skill.

Stand on a platform that you can fall through, press down+Shield (down JUST before shield) and you should do it.

SuSa

Turn your volume to max:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbONIt0wl1I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbONIt0wl1I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, nice setup SuSa.

I'm still trying to get down leaving behind nades on the platform. Tis difficult.

Top Bottom