• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Placed first at World 1-3, went undefeated (set wise) losing only 3 matches.

I counterpicked a Meta Knight to Rainbow Cruise in Grand Finals...and won WHAT NOW (too bad he is a Falco main. <3)

etecoon

Smash Hero
I had more fun playing Melee for 3 hours before the tourney then I did the entire tournament...that's bad.
no it isn't, play more melee!

if I had anyone to play IRL I probably wouldn't even play brawl.

so I don't feel like going all snake/MK during the interim ladder, I'm also an indecisive idiot so I'm letting you guys pick my distraction(I'll go back to snake fall ladder probably, I just go through this ADD a lot where I need some change)

A) Diddy
B) Sheik
C) Marf
D) Falco

nevershootme

Smash Master
man i'm friggin bored... studying my *** off for a dumb final exam on a subject i'll ever never use in my god**** career... dynamics, which is basically physics but with more practical problems...

I study electronics, not ****ing bricks that move and how much! not to mention willing to electrocute people!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lol SuSa. Gratz on getting first in your tourney. For anyone that cares, I got 5th in Singles and 2nd in Doubles.

I got bracket-****ed in Singles (had Reflex first round) and got 5th

In doubles, we had both of our loses to Reflex and his brother.

To sum it all up, Reflex is too ****ing good.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Oh man, Serin is gonna upgrade to a blue name - whipee! Also, good stuff serin how you put "take a shower" under additional details, haha.

What is "pools." I know brackets and how they're setup, like any non-gaming tourney. I'm not sure what pools is. Is it like a more informal version of brackets when there are too many people?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Pools are basically multiple small round robin tournaments to see who gets to be in the bracket. You divide all the players up into a certain amount of groups or "pools". Then you have everyone in a pool play all the other players in their pool. You keep track of match records for every set and then after everyone has fought everyone else in the pool, you take the top people in the pool and advance them into the bracket. It depends on how many pools there are, and how big the bracket is, but usually the top 2-3 in the pool make it out.

Pools also have the purpose of helping TO's be able to seed the bracket correctly. Normally you only see pools at larger tournaments.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Oh man, Serin is gonna upgrade to a blue name - whipee! Also, good stuff serin how you put "take a shower" under additional details, haha.

What is "pools." I know brackets and how they're setup, like any non-gaming tourney. I'm not sure what pools is. Is it like a more informal version of brackets when there are too many people?
There are various forms on how pools will be runned. as ken said, it's to ensure proper seeding for the final bracket

pools can either be double elimination brackets and cap off to a set amount and form a new double elim, or round robin.

they're pretty much an efficient method to weed out half the entrants in a few hours to ensure the time to finish is done right

SuSa

Now do you see why I always ***** at you to let me play and say I'm rusty? XD

Tourneys really, really **** up your WiFi.

And I go to tourneys almost weekly now. >.< so people are lucky I play WiFi at all anymore...

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I **** Falco and G&W... what are you on?

It's just sooo boring if the Falco is patient and camps the entire match.
ugh so true. And whenver you get close its a phantasm back to camp.

Or that spam that annoying *** jab :(

Made a thread on the post I made. Should be easier for people to see now.

Oh and to join I kinda like playing Meta more than Falco, because I hate lasers.
I don't like facing any of the top tiers.

Snake dittos get annoying, you are either being tilted or edgeguarded.

Falco it's the same with the phantasm/lasers.

MK is just a pain to try to recover against.

Wario is difficult to hit.

Diddy is too many mindgames with the banana.

DDD is the match-up I like.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
I hate playing competative Smash brothers.
Quoted as seen through my computer

Edit: I just started playing on wifi a pretty good bit lately to learn matchup etc. and i just went to a tourney on saturday and played like total ****. Does wifi really **** with you that bad or could it be i was just haing a bad day?

Try playing only through wifi. My opinion on top tiers will change on offline. Wario/Falco/MK/Diddy won't be a such a pain when I can react to what they do instead of trying to plan ahead. My connection I pretty much have to activate the Airdodge just before MK activates the UpB if I want to avoid getting hit by it. Powershielding lasers/phantasm is possible constantly instead of shield dropping lag all the time.

So I have reason to dislike the MUs online. But those are really the only nitpicky problems I have with it. The rest of the MU is entirely fun to play.

SuSa

Edit: I just started playing on wifi a pretty good bit lately to learn matchup etc. and i just went to a tourney on saturday and played like total ****. Does wifi really **** with you that bad or could it be i was just haing a bad day?
You play WiFi like you'd play WiFi.

Starting playing WiFi like you would offline, even if you lose (because its WiFi)

I have like 8000 online matches and 1400 offline matches (many of which aren't even matches) and I win tourneys...

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Try playing only through wifi. My opinion on top tiers will change on offline. Wario/Falco/MK/Diddy won't be a such a pain when I can react to what they do instead of trying to plan ahead. My connection I pretty much have to activate the Airdodge just before MK activates the UpB if I want to avoid getting hit by it. Powershielding lasers/phantasm is possible constantly instead of shield dropping lag all the time.

So I have reason to dislike the MUs online. But those are really the only nitpicky problems I have with it. The rest of the MU is entirely fun to play.
ahh i see, yeah i totally see where you are coming from now.

Edit:

@SuSa: Wow its weird that what you said makes total sense. I never though about it like that, but now that you mention it im gonna have to start playing that way.

Top Bottom