• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
Ooo another weekly that I'll try to come to. Last week I was heading out my house to catch the train when my dad said he needed me. I was like wtfux... -.- O well, I'll try to be here this week to show off my zss. =D

I also need a partner for friday... =( People say I play just like snakeee (shown in some of my videos)

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
if you going how you getting there i need to get there

I already put it there brah

Same way I got there last time my dude public transportation lol ima have to take the train I guess cause I don't have no connects in jersey (plus I don't date anyone out there so no female connects either lol)
So def the train it tis

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
Ooo another weekly that I'll try to come to. Last week I was heading out my house
to catch the train when my dad said he needed me. I was like wtfux... -.- O well, I'll try to be here this week to show off my zss. =D

I also need a partner for friday... =( People say I play just like snakeee (shown in some of my videos)
See the thing is from what I've learned with zerosuit is if u can master her kicks and stun gun u basically have her down but also her foward b is very effective kinda like samus zair just try to catch people
With the end part and ul be fine. ;)

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
Yeah a good thing to master with zss is the short hop zoning with her up air and b air. Like, short hop - up air, up air again before landing - up tilt is really sweet to rack up dmg. Same thing with b air - up air and etc.

Alukard

Smash Hero
really ... sh double aerials require practice ... next sweet spotting a ledge huh ??

sry for the brawl bashing but thats hilarious

Alukard

Smash Hero
We already know you hate Brawl, no need to pop in every now and then to remind everyone :)
that has nothing to do with hate ...

and ask bum i dont hate brawl ... its just shouldn't b a competitive game imo ... too many buggy things that ARE NOT POSITIVE or in anyway useful to competition ... hence the stupid long

"IMPORTANT NOTICES" in the tourney threads ... like port priority and stupid **** like that lol

silly just silly ...

if there was a way ike could beat metanight and/or falco i would still play with u guys ... but now i will just pop up when i'm completely bored and have like 20$ to spare/give to bum lolol cuz ima pick ike lol

cba

Smash Master
if you'd only knew how many times i've thought "i would've WD'd and i would still be alive"
i dont complaint but i expected brawl to be...better. I had high expectations and brawl didnt meet them.
ive grown to like the game.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
if you'd only knew how many times i've thought "i would've WD'd and i would still be alive"
i dont complaint but i expected brawl to be...better. I had high expectations and brawl didnt meet them.
ive grown to like the game.
....that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while . *_*

But I understand where you're coming from with the higher expectations. It is a letdown for us because we wanted more depth but you can't deny it's a good game nonetheless. Oh well, to each his own.

No need to convey your distaste for the game so much though, if you don't like it so be it but don't come in a thread for the game and try to get people to switch sides. Like I said before if you're blessed with the ability to play both then why not play both? I don't understand why it has to be Melee vs. Brawl. They can definitely coexist. On a side note I have love for both games but what's preventing me from entering the melee tournaments is me somehow losing all my skill in the game, I guess after months of not playing competitively. Oh well...

Alukard

Smash Hero

But I understand where you're coming from with the higher expectations. It is a letdown for us because we wanted more depth but you can't deny it's a good game nonetheless. Oh well, to each his own.

No need to convey your distaste for the game so much though, if you don't like it so be it but don't come in a thread for the game and try to get people to switch sides. Like I said before if you're blessed with the ability to play both then why not play both? I don't understand why it has to be Melee vs. Brawl. They can definitely coexist. On a side note I have love for both games but what's preventing me from entering the melee tournaments is me somehow losing all my skill in the game, I guess after months of not playing competitively. Oh well...
ur post is soooo contradicting to well urself lol.... it basically said they can co-exist ... then at the end ... u basically explained why they cannot ... playing the game does kill the melee tech skill thats absolutely required to win ...which imo makes the game wat it is lol (actually having sumthing to practice) ... i mean less options mean less everything ... mindgames all that tricksies ... its like ... the best mindgame people do in brawl is read a ****ing roll lol ... unless u have projectiles .. u make them roll into sumthing .... ooooooo sooooo tricky *YAWN* ...

also a bunch of melee players like the big tournaments ... and brawl has a bunch of noobs and people who are still in that stage where they believe that they can win a tourney while its their first one lol ... basically wat i'm saying is that a lot of the melee people play brawl only now because its a CHANCE of a bigger prize ...

i mean i just dont understand why this game is chosen over melee ... except the fact that its new ... i dont want to hear new chars ... cuz that means nothing ... 4 in melee are worthy of 1st place consistently ... and wat 3 in brawl ?? imo its worse in that game for a ****ign lower tier lol w.e i can go on and on ... i'm just sad that i dont see half of u guys at the tournies anymore just cuz u guys have wifi lol ... cuz i dont really see ya at these tournies either from wat i hear from bum lolol

believe me i tried to play this game cuz it looked fun and new chars and such ... but its soooo much worse with this character disadvantage ... at least in melee a cf can beat a fox ... **** just this weekend skler (link) beat two sheiks lol

i <3 nyc but where is @???

bum ... get at me for bumping ur thread maddddd hard right now ... anyway i gotta go to bed ... definitely have buisness in the morn ... peace u guys =]

BUM163

Smash Lord
brawl is def competitve in a more simple way... just like sf4 to third strike. plus it took basically 3 years for melee to evolve. i don't want to argue about something we argue about months ago. people that gave up should just leave brawl alone. it's to early to judge a character..... especially after azen almost beat everyone with peach. lets not discuss this again please.

hope to see people this friday at the bx venue. please announce if you going or not.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
ur post is soooo contradicting to well urself lol.... it basically said they can co-exist ... then at the end ... u basically explained why they cannot
That's just me...I speak for myself. The reason why I can't play both does not apply to everyone, in fact there are many people who compete in multiple games and do well. Think about it for a second...I mean look at Justin Wong and Daigo. The difference between Street Fighter II and Third Strike is crazy yet they both are top players in both games. Better yet, Justin Wong plays games outside of the Capcom universe and still does well.... Nobody limits you to one game but yourself.. If I remember correctly weren't you and Jman also playing both at one point?

and brawl has a bunch of noobs and people who are still in that stage where they believe that they can win a tourney while its their first one lol ... basically wat i'm saying is that a lot of the melee people play brawl only now because its a CHANCE of a bigger prize ...
You may be right for a small percentage of the people but for the most part, they play because they like the game...but whatever. Your perception of what other people think of the game only comes from New York and New Jersey. Try going to places where the big tournaments are actually happening (MD,VA, CT for ECRC tourneys) and see for yourself if there are as many n00bs as there are in NY. I can say for myself that there were barely any n00bs at the ECRC tournament in CT. Even in the amateur bracket people were beasting.

4 in melee are worthy of 1st place consistently ... and wat 3 in brawl ?? imo its worse in that game for a ****ign lower tier
Characters that can REALISTICALLY win tournaments in Brawl, only 3?! Umm let's see... DDD, Snake, Metaknight, Rob, Falco, Lucario (in the right hands), Marth, DK (Bum has proven this..) and possibly Olimar. That's a bit more than 3 but k :ohwell:

mindgames all that tricksies ... its like ... the best mindgame people do in brawl is read a ****ing roll lol ... unless u have projectiles .. u make them roll into sumthing .... ooooooo sooooo tricky *YAWN* ...
Apprently you've never seen Ally play Snake :laugh:

i'm just sad that i dont see half of u guys at the tournies anymore just cuz u guys have wifi lol ... cuz i dont really see ya at these tournies either from wat i hear from bum lolol
I just hope you don't seriously think we aren't going to tournaments because of Wi-fi. You know that's not it at all...We've already discussed the reasons people aren't showing up to the Brawl tournaments in BX over and over so this should be a no-brainer for you. Just incase you forgot though here are the main reasons; Laggy tv's, It's located in the Bronx (very far for a lot of us + crime rate), Tournament starts extremely late and you end up going home at 1-2AM, and the tournament has very poor organization (sorry Bum but this is true).

but its soooo much worse with this character disadvantage ... at least in melee a cf can beat a fox ... **** just this weekend skler (link) beat two sheiks lol
Not surprising, Aniki's Link was doing this years ago but I do admit it's a lot more uphill for most mid and low tier characters in this game but it's a new game so there's a lot we don't know yet. Who knew Peach and Olimar was gonna be this good in Brawl? Wasn't Peach supposed to suck? And wasn't Olimar supposed to be easily beaten via gimps? If you think so..play Blackwaltz, ask D1 what happened when he tried to CP Frigate vs. his Olimar. :ohwell:. Point is, the game hasn't had much time for people to even get amazing with mid and low tiers yet. Give the game time and you might actually see Links/Ikes/Bowsers etc beating Metaknight. Nobody has stuck with a mid or low tier to that point yet, the ones with great potential just give up and move on to a Higher tier.

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
Not surprising, Aniki's Link was doing this years ago but I do admit it's a lot more uphill for most mid and low tier characters in this game but it's a new game so there's a lot we don't know yet. Who knew Peach and Olimar was gonna be this good in Brawl? Wasn't Peach supposed to suck? And wasn't Olimar supposed to be easily beaten via gimps? If you think so..play Blackwaltz, ask D1 what happened when he tried to CP Frigate vs. his Olimar. :ohwell:. Point is, the game hasn't had much time for people to even get amazing with mid and low tiers yet. Give the game time and you might actually see Links/Ikes/Bowsers etc beating Metaknight. Nobody has stuck with a mid or low tier to that point yet, the ones with great potential just give up and move on to a Higher tier.
ya thats true people gotta give brawl more time besides its smash for crist sakes ima be honast with people yo i didnt know anything about wavedashing for years lol its the funniest thing me and my freinds played melee for like 30 years and didnt know about wave dashing of coarse i was the best in the game out of all us so when i found out about it i went on hours of trainin just to learn the freakin move then when i learned it i tought my friends how to do it and melee became even more fun lol so we played it for another 10 years until finally brawl arrived moral of the story smash bros is a game that u can never stop learning from :bee:[/QUOTE]

sorry for the quadrouple post lol

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I main ike...im jus keeping him under wraps until things get serious. and i do occasionally play wario...im ok with him but i have TONS TO WORK ON....like his short hop is so difficult and sometimes i slip my fingers on the A button when i mean B because im trying to do too much.

if any1 was unable to c the sarcasm in that then money match my wario.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I main ike...im jus keeping him under wraps until things get serious. and i do occasionally play wario...im ok with him but i have TONS TO WORK ON....like his short hop is so difficult and sometimes i slip my fingers on the A button when i mean B because im trying to do too much.

if any1 was unable to c the sarcasm in that then money match my wario.
Okay. ;)

10mms

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
ur post is soooo contradicting to well urself lol.... it basically said they can co-exist ... then at the end ... u basically explained why they cannot ... playing the game does kill the melee tech skill thats absolutely required to win ...which imo makes the game wat it is lol (actually having sumthing to practice) ... i mean less options mean less everything ... mindgames all that tricksies ... its like ... the best mindgame people do in brawl is read a ****ing roll lol ... unless u have projectiles .. u make them roll into sumthing .... ooooooo sooooo tricky *YAWN* ...
Lol true. There is big adjustment phase when switching between the two. This applies to all of us.

Gimpyfish62 said:
brawl is not a 'smarter' game than melee at the top levels

it's slower and less options for both you and your opponent - less to process and more time to do it in.
This. When I have no one to play with(which is often since I live in Far Rock) Brawl does not hold up at all unless I screw around with Gecko OS and it's many codes. Melee can hold up. There are many things to practice in that game. The only reason I play Brawl is that there are many tournaments for this game. Oh and yes I have seen a bit of Ally's Snake. He actually use the trip to his advantage in one match. It was funny.

I am too far away to come to this. If I did, I would end up being home at 4:30 AM! :crazy:

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
ima be there this time i got held up last week but ima make it this week gotta train for sat tornament

Alukard

Smash Hero
Lol true. There is big adjustment phase when switching between the two. This applies to all of us.

This. When I have no one to play with(which is often since I live in Far Rock) Brawl does not hold up at all unless I screw around with Gecko OS and it's many codes. Melee can hold up. There are many things to practice in that game. The only reason I play Brawl is that there are many tournaments for this game. Oh and yes I have seen a bit of Ally's Snake. He actually use the trip to his advantage in one match. It was funny.

I am too far away to come to this. If I did, I would end up being home at 4:30 AM! :crazy:
at least u understand lol

cba

Smash Master

UH, this, is exactly why i dont like posting something in the internet, ppl will get all Emo over dumb **** and take it the wrong way: they will portray it in a VERY different way you intended for it to be portrayed.

i never said "Its a bad game" and i dont try and "get ppl to switch ideas" cause all i wanted was melee with the brawl characters.
but in life, you dont always get what you want.
all im saying is that i was dissapointed, i love brawl, i got tired of melee then it Fuc*ing broke when i was gonna "get my skills back".
and im sure youve never seen me post something like Melee > Brawl or vice versa, in my world, they do co-exist, so STFU if you're saying that im saying or preferring one over the other.

EDIT: HAB can i buy one?, i know its exclusive and all but im an exception ;)

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
LMAO at this guy just carrying around gimpyfish quotes! I actually had to look in the rest of the thread and see if he actually posted. But nope...it seems he just commits gimpy's words to memory ROFL.

Top Bottom