• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
the point system looks good, but one thing.

4 points for each crew member that enters the tournament?? TSA would **** crews even if they got dead last.. LOLOL

also, starting this week, i'm going to try and put together a panel for Melee and Brawl Power Rankings. Almost NO one knows New York (with the exception of about 6-8 people) because we don't have have a ranking system that can be viewed on SWF.

starting with this weekly, i'm going to keep a record of all tournaments that take place in NY. i'm not going to be at a lot of the brawl tournaments, so hopefully someone can put up the results for me to add. Bum, if you don't wanna put up the results, please give them to me, or someone else who will put them up. TY
lets get it crackin vanz

BUM163

Smash Lord
see now we are working together. vanz you got my number. call me so we can talk and its no biggie anti. i understand. if i can't use tio cause the comp is down, like i said i will come to people and randomly ask and i mean new people.

BUM163

Smash Lord
also you have to join both tournaments to get extra points.... not one. the most consistent crew should be the crew to be on top and getting points will get prizes eventually, rank the crews and helps out with the placing. for example i consider dire top 4, but people will say not cause he does not join as much and that is true. but battle wise he is.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Erm nm.. So there are two tournaments? I am confused? One for crews? One for singles? What if you have no crew?

Cia

das kwl
No, crew wars is a way to accumulate points for your crew, not through crew battle.

ex. say top 4 for singles is

1. D1
2. Jman
3. Bum
4. Blackanese

D1 has earned his crew (TS) 18 points. Jesus got second place earning SWAT 14 points. BUM, having no affiliation, just got third place. congrats. Blackaboy!! is also in swat, so that adds 6 points to swat.

so assuming that they were the only for that entered. TS would have 14 pts and SWAT would have 20

Jtails

Smash Lord
yo bum ill bring my laptop. lol you just never asked.

another thing bum either way you seed tournaments is fine. if people cant win against the same people they are playing its their fault. i been facing leo every week for 4 weeks straight, and ive been getting better every time. thinking of counterpicks and such. if you cant adapt its your problem, thats what a tournament is for. tio would be cool though.

happy thanksgiving everyone!

Jtails

Smash Lord
oh another thing, if people dont have enough members in their crew, like only 2 or something, could you get drafted by another crew?

cause im technically part of polytech, but those dudes never come =/
and i wanna get in on the war >=]

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Can I bring French brawl this time?? Also.. I left my sensor bar on the tv that I had it on last time.. if you still have it.

BUM163

Smash Lord
that was in india my friend and thx jtails. you are right about that. i tell people to train all the time. jtails went from the bottom and has been doing good lately and been playing tough people. i also need my sensor bar lol. vanz pretty much got it right. i feel crews existed so long for nothin and i want to change that. i'm not even in a crew and i'm hype to do this. whats the point of so many crews and no crew battles.

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
that was in india my friend and thx jtails. you are right about that. i tell people to train all the time. jtails went from the bottom and has been doing good lately and been playing tough people. i also need my sensor bar lol. vanz pretty much got it right. i feel crews existed so long for nothin and i want to change that. i'm not even in a crew and i'm hype to do this. whats the point of so many crews and no crew battles.
lol they sayin they gonna do somethin to the NY transit, but idk, ill come, but if i get bombed yo **** is goin down lol
and meh, news try to spice up everything lol. ill still try but if i see some guy in rags im gettin the **** out lol
aight i was overreacting, but still, muslim in rags, tG runs ( no offense to any muslims out there of course )& btw if i bring my wii i dont have to pay the venue fee right? cuz i wanna save some money for mcdonald's lol unless i win of course an one more thing, lol 6:30 latest to sign up right cuz im gonna try 2 get there early cuz of the black friday b/s

BUM163

Smash Lord
also if people want, i can TRY to do std. i just have to talk to him tomorrow.

BUM163

Smash Lord
take the 2 and the 5 train and thats crazy. i will look at the news for tomorrow. if things are crazy, i will cancel for the safety of ya you know? i wouldn't dare put any lives in jeopardy. not my style at all.

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
lol, it was on the news before but they got no clue when or if it gonna happen, lol bum i never made it to one yet and i want to so yeah ill do what i can to be there, if i somehow win we goin out for beer and stuff.... lol
it black friday 2moro, it gonna be a ****in madhouse on the train

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Ya Can Ask Jash What I Did Last Weekly. I Gave My Match That Was In The Winner Finals To Him Just Cause He Did So Nasty And I Gave Him The Bigger Cut. Anyway Till I Get Tio, I Will Randomly Call Multiple People How I Did In The Beginning Of When The Weeklys Started And Ya Will Do It. Ya Be Getting Me Tight Cause I Don't Get No Sleep Just So People Can Have A Good Time Including Myself.

Moving On, Who Wants This As A Std? I Can Talk To The Boss Right Nowto Do That.
I'm not gonna involve myself but i'll have to say Jash did whoop candy @$$ last week.

BUM163

Smash Lord
wow i haven't seen shadow since play and trade. it be good to see him. i want to have these points by tomorrow. please i'm thinking for now, keep it simple till we can actually start putting in videos and such.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
alright shons so i just read everything, anyways

bum, just use tio. yah i did complain about the brackets. its not the fact that i had 2 play the same person every week. its that i had 2 play NL 3 weeks straight in R2, pretty much meaning his brackets next 2 mine that whole time. besides that i know youre suppose 2 have seatings and such and im pretty sure u could take out any1 in NY with no problem. but last weeks bracket was something like this.

my bracket was last, bracket next 2 mine had jash, and the bracket next 2 his had leo. and all the way at the top was u. and between youre bracket and leos, were just other people (not 2 be rude 2 any1).

either way bum, im not gona lie, i think youre a cool guy in general, and im pretty sure if youre gonna rig the brackets youll come out and say it yourself, but either way i, and pretty much every1, would REALLy appreciate it if u could just use tio. and its ALOT easier then writing and putting results up.

About the Point Ranking System, i agree 100% with alukard. bum u really gotta remove the extra/bonus point thing. people getting high points for entering both events and such is kinda ridoculous. im sure some1 could be somewhere around top 10 just by entering both events, coming every week even though they place last everytime. but this is my opion

BUM163

Smash Lord
i appericate your honestly blackanese. yea wait but for entering both events, its like one point or two...... thats not alot at all lol. also i can't use tio everytime cause people don't bring laptops everytime and not for nothin, but this guy printer and computers be shutting down hardbody. thats why i rush things. as long as someone brings a laptop i don't mind using it at all. alright please i need more opinions so i can use the points by this friday.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
i appericate your honestly blackanese. yea wait but for entering both events, its like one point or two...... thats not alot at all lol. also i can't use tio everytime cause people don't bring laptops everytime and not for nothin, but this guy printer and computers be shutting down hardbody. thats why i rush things. as long as someone brings a laptop i don't mind using it at all. alright please i need more opinions so i can use the points by this friday.
oh alright, i saw like 4 points and stuff in the b4 posts. i guess 1 or 2 shouldnt be any problem at all and good 4 buisness as well and tourney wise since more people should enter

BUM163

Smash Lord
you should. i got back into melee. just play both games like i do. on the low i will be going with alukard. from now on, i will try to have one or two days for melee and brawl training along with other games. let me know whoever wants to train. i look at sf4 and it's not so much combo based. its alot of camping and i'm starting to realize, fighting is not only about combos.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i <3 nyc smashers we are the best ... can we go oos as a whole and ****!!!! ??

i wanna cheer for everyone ... DA TS BUM!!! all ya ^_^

lets face it we are the best at melee and brawl =]

o and happy thanksgiving

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
You still have to have basic knowledge of the game (as you probably already know) but its fun and hope to see you host sf4 tournaments when it comes out.

Happy Thanksgiving.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Happy Thanksgiving :)

oh yeah and that DJ room is perfect for TIO got a microphone to announce matches and it could have tio downloaded on it

or that homalon guy brings a laptop too

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
Happy Thanksgiving :)

oh yeah and that DJ room is perfect for TIO got a microphone to announce matches and it could have tio downloaded on it

or that homalon guy brings a laptop too
It's HoMaLoN, not "that homalon guy"

~Happy Native American Genocide Day~ :-)

Top Bottom