• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
If we have to play pools Blade, you won't be able to compete in singles either. Better make an effort to get there early.

As for Brinstar, I would like to open this up to discussion. Should Brinstar and RC be legal together with MK not around, or remove Brinstar completely. I'm not fussed on how it plays out, just decent opinions without the rage please.

I'll update the OP when I'm not at work lol.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I think you should just leave the stage list as it is personally. It's been up there for so long changing it a week before the tournament would be a bit lame. Everyone's had -ample- time to raise concerns over stagelist. As far as I could tell Earl was the only real person who made a mention of it, and he decided to come regardless.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I think we should give Brinstar and RC a go since MK is gone. Stage diversity is a big reason why people want MK banned. In a perfect competitive ruleset, I would have them banned (I personally think they're stupid) but trialling them and seeing how broken/stupid they really are is a good idea methinks.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh but Earl complains about everything really. I only bought it up for the sake of it being ignored when Attila posted it.

I'm very happy to leave it there, I added RC in as soon as it was decided that MK would be banned, and tbh, having both stages legal without MK shouldn't hurt many, if any characters in terms of CP's.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think we should have at least either Brinstar or RC. But not both.

I don't really care though.

Edit: actually I'm happy with anything.

earla

Smash Lord
wud be good to know now so i can know which joke stages to practice on. confirm asap

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Nova, I might consider buy one GC cOntroller <3 what could go wrong for having few spares.

After someone broke my main controller at Robocop and someone took my other back up and 2 of my other controllers are meh
So liek yeah <3

:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
It will stay as both being available for counterpick. Given we have no set unity in Aus for stages, I don't see the harm in both being available without MK.

The stagelist will remain as it is.

On another note, can I get everyone in QLD to bring as much electrical equipment as possible on the day of the tournament. That's stuff like powerboards, double adapters, extension leads etc. Will need as much as we can get.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I could buy a few adapters and stuff maybe.

Depends on what happens with my phone bill first.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Straight bail Oreovirgin

All you have to do is believe!
But don't believe in yourself
Believe in me
That who believes in yyooooouuuuuuuuu!

:phone:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, these Virgin people don't wanna cancel my $8700 phone bill so they told me to call some collections place, and I'm currently telling them that I have an irrational fear of talking to people on the phone.

Summersmash get hype

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If I can use one of your TVs Vyse I'll bring my cube as well
Yes.

Everyone should bring whatever you have. Better to have unused consoles than unused TVs.

Equipment said:
TV Count: 11

Vyse: 4
Cal: 1
Syke: 3
Matt: 2
Testi: 1

Wii Count: 7

Vyse: 1
Cal: 1
Jesmo: 1
Syke: 1
Matt: 2
Testi: 1

Cube Count: 3

Vyse: 1
Cal: 1 (?)
Syke: 1

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i dont mind rc so much, but brinstar is a forced ban in a very large amount of mus.

unwinnable for most characters against marth/dk/wario.

expect to see it banned in almost every set; might as well remove it from the stage list, and remove stage banning on cps.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I won't be entering, and everyone knows I WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL resort to pulling scarfs and making people mad.
no need to pull scarfs, you have the red mountain at your beck and call

also cmon people, you can do better then 11 tv's, I used to have 10 tvs at my tourneys and they never had more then 20 people

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'm up for seriouslies/low cost MMs. I haven't played in a long time so I'm not too confident about how much skill has been retained.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Abuse of benzodiazepines in Japan is extremely common, with flutoprazepam being one of the most commonly abused.

. . .

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'll play you both since I never got the chance to play yas last time I was up. Probably going with $5 money matches, maybe $10 if I'm playing super. xD Gotta save up for my wisdom teeth extractions, so everything i'm making in the next 4 weeks is pretty much gone. So poor... x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom