• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I might not be able to make the tournament itself. I went for a job interview today and I'll know after lunch if I'll get it. I'll have to work Saturdays although I'd be finishing up between 3 and 4pm.

Either way I'm still gonna come down to see everyone and I'm happy to MM people.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I might mix it up, depends if I feel like just playing for friendlies and not for keeps lol.

All standard card rulings will apply for Yugioh. 45min sets, with 3 matches per set, best of 3. The ban list will be the current official advanced format ban list on the day, so I will print it out the night before, however this is the current ban list: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

I'm free on nights next week Vyse if you want to catch up.

Remastered

Smash Lord
BIG NEWS DESERVES BIG DOUBLE POST!!!

Gametraders have confirmed they will be injecting gift cards into the prize pool again. Total value available across 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be $170 for brawl.

Flyers are in store now, hopefully generating more attendance, especially now that we are backed by GTs.

2 and a half weeks away, get pumped!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Available to use at all GT stores or just a specific GT in QLD?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Jaice won't win this tourney that's for sure, he is too busy playing other games now. But dark horse Ad3pt might pull off an amazing fight for first. Who knows how it will all go down.

I'm catching up with Jaice tonight so if I tell him Attila is coming, he might actually practice again. I don't think he has any interest in playing anyone else in Aus.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Regardless, if he even thinks you might be coming he will actually spend time on the game. The only time I have ever seen him actually work at getting better was before reloaded, and for the few days that he thought you might be coming to ACL.

Doesn't hurt to just tell him you're coming, especially if it means I get to practice against him when we are both taking it seriously :p.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I would of thought Jaice would be motivated to beat Scoot and Ted. Did he verse Shaya at reloaded?

Also I wouldn't have thought he'd be satisfied by beating a bunch of people once.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
LololsifQldcanwinthis. Be lucky to get anyone in the top 5. I'm very interested to see how Matt will go though. You're very good when you care, AD3PT. Very smart.

Anyway, really looking forward to this :) Hope you can come, Atilla.

EDIT: What is with this "Pranked" thing anyway?

Remastered

Smash Lord
So Jaice wanted to practice last night lololol.

We played the new soul calibur instead haha.

I haven't concentrated that hard in a long time Jessie, brawl is actually mentally tiring if you play it to its fullest potential.

Remastered

Smash Lord
ANOTHER MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

The gentleman that is Nova, has kindly donated $800 into the singles pot, and $500 into the doubles pot for Brawl.

This means that Brawl will now have a singles total prize of:

1st - $600 (including $100 GTs gift card) + 50% of the total entry fee
2nd - $250 (including $50 GTs gift card) + 30% of the total entry fee
3rd - $120 (including $20 GTs gift card) + 20% of the total entry fee

Doubles for brawl now has:

1st - $300 + 50% of the total entry fee
2nd - $150 + 30% of the total entry fee
3rd - $50 + 20% of the total entry fee

Nows the time to bring your A game ladies and gentlemen.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
...I suddenly really want to win.

Anyway, I have a feeling you'll do well, Matt. I've been focusing on just playing smarter and being aware during a game and not being on auto-pilot. Seems legit so far.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
dgh payed out to 4th, if interstaters are actually coming to this i recommend paying out to top 5
does melee have a pot at all lol

MTGod

Smash Champion
Nova's pretty much amazing. I'm not too fussed with payouts for more than top 3. The money is a motivator for the true contenders to not sandbag. I believe there's only a small handful of people who think themselves able to make only top 5 and not top 3.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
ANOTHER MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

The gentleman that is Nova, has kindly donated $800 into the singles pot, and $500 into the doubles pot for Brawl.

This means that Brawl will now have a singles total prize of:

1st - $600 (including $100 GTs gift card) + 50% of the total entry fee
2nd - $250 (including $50 GTs gift card) + 30% of the total entry fee
3rd - $120 (including $20 GTs gift card) + 20% of the total entry fee

Doubles for brawl now has:

1st - $300 + 50% of the total entry fee
2nd - $150 + 30% of the total entry fee
3rd - $50 + 20% of the total entry fee

Nows the time to bring your A game ladies and gentlemen.

That I will never win, ever Dx (I'm blad bad at this game)

@ Ringworn: That wasent me lagging that night, becuase I played Atar after you and it wasent lagging :glare:

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Which good brawl player would like to team with me? Looking towards Jaice, Jesmo or good OoS players in particular lol

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
@ Ringworn: That wasent me lagging that night, becuase I played Atar after you and it wasent lagging :glare:
I never said it was you causing the lag I just said there was lag. On that note wanna have another laggy battle tonight?

earla

Smash Lord
im considering coming to this tournament if someone would be willing to

pick me up saturday morning at 8:20 and drive me to venue.
house me that night.
drive me to the airport the next morning.

thanks let me know asap

also, is that your 100% confirmd stage list? brinstar + RC legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom