• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Can the new 5Ds cards be played with the old cards? Or are they totally different games?

Remastered

Smash Lord
The good thing about yugioh, is that all the generations are still playable. There is a ban list, but I'll print that up for the day and or weekend for those staying Sunday too.

Khoa

Smash Cadet
How up to date are people in the yugioh metagame? I just only recently got used to synchro monsters then all of a sudden there's xyz monsters now. @_@

Remastered

Smash Lord
There will be plenty of people with plenty of different card games, so you shouldn't be disappointed.

I played in my last Yugioh tournament about a month ago, and no one used xyz, so I'm still unsure as to how they work exactly, but I'll read up before the tournament date.

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
The far away land of None of Your Business
xyz work on "ranks" instead of levels, and are a pain in the backside to destroy, because they are made up of "material monsters"; these materials are placed under the xyz monster and in order to destroy the xyz monster the materiels must be destroyed first, however even if you try to destroy the xyz with a dark hole guessing that you will wipe out all it's materials you are oh so wrong, it will only destroy 1 of them instead of all of them; in addition the player may add as many materials as they wish regarding that the level of the monster is the same as the rank on the xyz monster, in addition to this, most of these xyz monster have an effect that say they can destroy 1 material card to destroy 1 of your opponents cards or monsters. Adding a material card to a xyz does not count as a summond of any type.

^^ thats why they are such a pain.
Are we going to be playing in the advanced format or traditional format forbidden list?

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I just realized that I lost my controller. There's a Slaking sticker on the back of my controller.

Could be at Vyse's place or at Lansmash lol

Reward for finding it:
A paper shuriken that I colored with black and red marker while at school from few years ago. Mint condition.

:phone:

Khoa

Smash Cadet
I would like to play in advanced format because there are too many broken cards in the traditional format.

I don't know much about xyz monsters but from what I read zydron, I think you got some rulings wrong. Don't take my word on it but I'm sure you can destroy a xyz monster without needing to deplete its materials. Also, you cannot attach material(s) to a xyz monster. You can only detach materials from a xyz monster.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I will print rules for the Yugioh games, but don't take it too seriously, I made a young kid cry at my last tournament :s. I felt terrible.

You should try to use xyz monsters on me Zydro, might take more than 500 damage this time :p.

The ban list used will be the current one on the official Yugioh TCG website.

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
The far away land of None of Your Business
I'm not so keen on xyz monsters but i have mixed my decks up a bit, i have been playing against my friends and winning alot for some reason, but i'm guessing thats only coz they don't have the best of cards. Im starting to work on field control abit too; i just gotta figure out a way to get that Destiny HERO plasma off the field. Whats it's attack and defence? Also i put some search power in my deck to grab some spellcasters :)

Remastered

Smash Lord
Nice, sounds like you are getting to the more competitive side of Yugioh play. I like it ;).

Destiny Hero has 1900 Atk, but takes one of your monsters and adds half of its atk to its atk. Can't remember its defence because I never have it in def position lol.

The biggest issue you have with beating my deck isn't destiny hero plasma. You need more spell clear power. I should remake my power tool deck, sounds like it might counter these xyz monsters.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i'll (or one of my cronies) will be running catherine at summersmash as well. what were you hoping for? if there's something you want to play then ask. if there's enough interest then it'll probs be able to be put up as a sidetourny.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
i'll (or one of my cronies) will be running catherine at summersmash as well. what were you hoping for? if there's something you want to play then ask. if there's enough interest then it'll probs be able to be put up as a sidetourny.
We should have a DBZ BT3 tourney :cool:

If people showed intrest I could bring a ps2 & the game but I lost my memeory card so if people think its a good idea Ill start using my sises card to unlock everthing again. But I want to know in the next week.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So anyway, I'd be up for doing Catherine if someone shoves a controller in my hand and tells me what to do.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
It's pretty easy, only 2 buttons.

There's 2 sheeps trying to climb demonic blocks.
And you control Catherine to either turn them into lambshanks or ribs by picking up the flamethrower or the BLAAAAADDDDDEEEEEE to harpoon them.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's pretty easy, only 2 buttons.

There's 2 sheeps trying to climb demonic blocks.
And you control Catherine to either turn them into lambshanks or ribs by picking up the flamethrower or the BLAAAAADDDDDEEEEEE to harpoon them.

See, knowing you really well, you're probably not kidding.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
it's super easy. there's 2 sheep trying to climb some blocks. unfortunately for each sheep the blocks aren't set up perfectly and there's another sheep in the way. your job is to either survive longer than the other sheep (by any means necessary) or reach the top of the level.

there are only two buttons, X is grab block (and then you use a direction to move the block) and SQUARE is use item in the direction you're facing. almost no tech skill at all. purely mindgames.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
It's such a trololololl game as well, you can just stand infront of them and do nothing and win, such a troll lol

Dat sheeps

Sheeps in Catherine probs warped from the tekken 6 dimention. There's a stage in Tekken 6 where you can kick sheeps and they just fly off the screen. They came to get revenge in Catherine.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Don't get me started.

Apparently we are high risk due to the 'nature' of the event (playing video games turns people into violent murderers fyi), hence the expensive bond.

We also apparently had our last event gate crashed, even though this is the first time we've run an event at their venue.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Don't get me started.

Apparently we are high risk due to the 'nature' of the event (playing video games turns people into violent murderers fyi), hence the expensive bond.

We also apparently had our last event gate crashed, even though this is the first time we've run an event at their venue.
So what do you mean by gate crashed?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, if you went up to an elderly person and said you were playing Smash Bros, I imagine they'd also move to the other side of the bus :D

Still, you get the bond money back, right? So long as no one destroys something. Which, if that happens, we'll all community dogpile the culprit and **** their wallet for you.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Mega Sigh.

Its the drugs, not video games. lol.

Personally I think the content they have in movies nowdays is 100x worse than in a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom