• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
lol

We do FINE on RC.

Its just that other people do better.

Just do your best.

Anyways.

How do you force Pit into a bad position.

preferably a kill set-up over 100%.

Also how do you guys fight diddy up close while he has a banana in hand.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I have problems to get back to the stage while hanging on the ledge.
Any tips for me?
ledge get-up roll works fine sometimes but it's risky.
ledge drop something always gets punished.
Ledge drop back jump Wavebounce AS works fine sometimes but it sucks to end up in shield while the Opponent is guarding the ledge in the truth sense of the word.
it's not easy I need tips ._. against Snake it's really hard to get back on the stage but I have that problem in general.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
snake is annoying to get back onstage against, usually though you're going to want to learn to momentum cancel/DI his stuff in such a way to let you recover high to avoid his stuff on the edge, since it's very possible to avoid getting hit on a low trajectory unless you're bad at DIing snake's stuff lol.

ledge hop AS can pester him for awhile so that he can't just outspace stuff with utilt.

If he's too close to the edge, ledgehop uair through the underside lip of the stage a little.

mix up between ledge get up (just regular getup), ledge jump (not ledge hop, and when you do, you can fair through mortars which helps), and ledge attack (his ledge attack < 100% has a lot of range and can surprise some, but like most it's very unsafe on block). Or learn to time AD from ledgehop or ledge jump properly lol.

My least favorite edgeguarding tactic to fight against (and one that I sometimes do as snake when playing against Lucarios) is planting a mine near the ledge then ledgehogging, so that lucario has to land on the mine (or at least does very often lol)

@ Flamey: if you really have to get in close, dair stall a little in front or behind him at a 45 degree angle against diddy if he's got a banana in hand, make sure you have enough room to be able to AD/nair falling down so that you don't slip on a banana), remember that Diddy can't fair oos while holding a banana at the same time (unless he's good at picking up the banana near him while fairing for some odd reason lol), the only thing he's got is some situational specials. After he catches on, start mixing up pressure, or just AS camp/hang back and charge AS, so that you can use that as a tool to bait a throw when you land and punish him after he throws a banana.

Yikarur

Smash Master
ok, DI is no problem I'm rather perfect horizontally in DIing but It's probably a stupid habit to search the ledge for safety. If Snake does that mine on the ledge stuff you can just aura shielding (that's what it's called right?).
thanks a lot. I hope this is going to help =)

Another Question: which move should I save to kill?
I use Lucarios move so mixish that, in the end Forcepalm gets my only one real kill move (and DT lol)

culexus・wau

It really depends on the character.

honestly I don't save any move to kill really.

once my opponent is 100-ish I grab them a and MASH PUMMEL once or twice and then most of my moves are fresh.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The problem with aurashielding is that it only works when you aren't forced to upB, and in the scenario that you pointed out it sounds like you're recovering at a middle/low level angle, which sucks. The biggest thing about this MU from the offstage perspective is to be good at DIing stuff (applies to 90% of Lucario's offstage problems, actually lol), hence why being good at momentum canceling and smart about it is a very, very important skill for a Lucario to pick up.

FP, uair, and bair are decent alternative kill moves if you've staled your others. Fsmash tipper is also a good kill move, since it'll still kill very well even if staled significantly. It heavily depends on the MU though because a lot of stuff Lucario needs to kill will also be dependent on how you need to use it on the opponent, for example you will almost never use fsmash against snake when he's on the ground because whiff or even fsmash on block against snake will get ftilted nearly every time, which means fsmash will be fresh when you need to catch snake's landing in a kill scenario, whereas fsmash would be used often in the Marth/MK MU since it punishes a lot of their traditional moves on whiff, so this move will probably be pretty stale when you want it.

aura often makes up for extreme stale moves, I think the only move in my experience that won't kill well if staled as opposed to when fresh is dair lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
At Hobo, in a friendly with Fogo, I shielded his MK's dsmash, walked up to his MK, and while doing a dsmash with Lucario, his MK's second dsmash came out and missed me (despite me being right next to him) and my dsmash hits him. It was glorious...it obviously had something to do with the x, y, and z axis stuff...

I saved the replay, but I fear it will never get uploaded...oh well...

Needless to say, I started laughing.

Browny

Smash Hater
Zamus's grab has a blind spot.

Yeah, it's THAT bad.
Theres something more to it than that...

teting time >_>

eh its clear that luc can avoid her grab for some period of his utilt but I could never manage to dodge it entirely... Either her grab has dead frames, or luc moves into the z-axis and her grab only hits on the XY plane (for a few frames).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Has anyone ever done Marth + Lucario and had moderate success with it in doubles? I'm thinking of just doing Snake instead b/c I've watched some matches of Zex + Erow do some really good stuff with this team.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Since FAir and NAir can true combo at low %s out of an FAir wouldn't you think that you'd be able to initiate a FP Grab in the air seeing as you don't have to deal with landing lag, so that's basically just 2 more frames than another FAir or 3 more than a NAir.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I doubt it. Due to our terrible fall speed as well as the fact that FP grab is 12 frames, which is a bit more than" 2 or 3 frames slower than nair," they'd probably escape hitstun long before.

Then you have to take into account FP's TINY grab box, which means you'd probably only even be able to grab maybe wolf or something.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^This pretty much (although according to PSA/OSA the grab starts on frame 9).

even 2-3 frames is enough sometimes to get out of things for some.

Blindman!

Smash Apprentice
how long does are chain grab (up throw) on falco and fox work ? and what percent does it not work im talking bout are percent now?

culexus・wau

Yo guys do we have a legit lagless platform cancel besides the dair and lag for half a second one? :confused:

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yo guys do we have a legit lagless platform cancel besides the dair and lag for half a second one? :confused:
The snake mains have it down to key and it works for everyone the same way.

Hold down on the joystick while you're jumping, and when Lucario's shins or knees are in between of the platform, let go of the joystick.

Yikarur

Smash Master
The snake mains have it down to key and it works for everyone the same way.

Hold down on the joystick while you're jumping, and when Lucario's shins or knees are in between of the platform, let go of the joystick.
easier imo is holding down while passing the platform and do an aerial with the C-Stick that isn't dair.
same effect.

Yikarur

Smash Master
if you pass a moving platform, if you release "down" you auto-land on the platform.
pressing c-stick down has the same effekt.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've heard so much about platform canceling lately, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. Could someone please tell me?
It lets you land on a platform and immediately do anything without waiting for the landing lag. It's extremely useful for some characters, like Marth.

culexus・wau

Wanna be cool?

Aura Charge -> Shield drop down -> air jump -> plat cancel any grounded action.

superlucario

Smash Apprentice
Hay, Um why is it that even though lucario is supposed to be frail because he is vary floaty. When I'm at about 70% and I get hit is with a Pikach/Mario And get sweet spotted with a >Smash about mid stage. I still live but if I am Falco(not Floaty) I die in a blink.

Top Bottom