• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
If you mean chain grabbing, then do your best to avoid getting grab. By playing a strong camping game, and only getting inside of him, when you see him jump. Other than that, DI your best so you don't get ko'd right away and the buffered usmash too.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
I'm fighting a Nasty CPU. He usually doesn't chaingrab.

MK: Fast, quick attacks, rushed speed.

Luc: Med-Slow, slow graceful attacks, lagged speed.

It's a hard adjustment, altough I love the damage affect Luc has.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Also don't dair every time you're trying to land, sometimes it's okay to double jump away, or b-reverse your Aura sphere to shift direction quickly, or do a FF bair or nair or something. D3's air speed's kinda bad, you'll only get hit if you AREN'T playing reactionary and patient. Of course, if it's a CPU, that would explain a few things lol, high level CPUs punish based on reading the inputs you do into the game, which is why some of their punishes seem inhuman. CPU Snake, for example will try to frame perfect utilt you every time you get too close above him instead of saving it for killing.

Meh, CPUs are not the best practice method tbh. Also, what he means by DI is that you can escape D3's uair early if you know how to SDI really well, like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgDF4YyFUBI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyEa_zUXjp8

Notice that whenever he gets hit by the multihit moves like fox dair or fox jab, he gets out of them before they can do what they normally are able to do afterwards.

Jar.

Smash Cadet
Three quick questions, they've probably already been asked, and I'm too lazy to go find the answers.

1. What's the most important part of Luca's game?

2. What's the best way to practice?

3. What's the best control layout for GC controller?

Jar.

Smash Cadet
Would you recommend grab on x? Just to make it a little easier. Maybe it's just me, but I really hate the z button. :p

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Can you guys PLEASE figure out an consistant way to run off the ledge and snap cancel?

I can't find anythiiing :>

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
what do you mean to edge hog? Maybe you could experiment with the failed AT that was known as extreme hogging.

Steam

Smash Hero
I've never been able to do it running off... I can only consistantly do it if I drop from ledge and DJ which is lolslow.

What's up Lucario mains?

I have a couple of questions I want to ask and I'd like you guys to help me answer them. They're all related to Norfair by the way.

1) How does your character fare with just the stage? Does your character benefit from the layout and the numerous hazards or do they normally hinder you?
2) How does your character generally fare on this stage against certain matchups? Does he excel in a lot of them and only has a few bad MUs, or is he generally bad on this stage against a large portion of the cast?
3) What are some general strategies for your character on this stage? Controlling the center? Stalling? Staying mobile?
4) Overall, would you say that this stage is mostly good for your character, mostly bad, or depends?

Thanks in advance!

This mass survey across most of the character boards is admin approved.

V

Smash Ace
who are good partners for the anubis strategy and do you guys SD twice and immediately go into it or do you fight a little first?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
well since norfair is banned. it doesn't really matter but I'll humor you.

We are alright on this stage the hazards do not disturb our flow of play. if you don't know how to use the hazards to your advantage then avoid.

we can run away from the opponent pretty well.

overall the stage is average for us.

anubis strat - rack up at least 80% of damage before your first stock is gone. second stock start killing. third stock say "I'm Lucario." then kill them all

Thanks D. Can you or any of the other Lucarios get a little more specific on this though?

Mainly, what would your best overall strategy be on this stage, and why it works. Also, I'm assuming that the level is average for you guys MU-wise too, right? Got some good MUs here, got some bad ones over there?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
My bad.

Don't know much about norfair never really learned the stage when it was legal.

Steam

Smash Hero
who are good partners for the anubis strategy and do you guys SD twice and immediately go into it or do you fight a little first?
lucario will just go extremely aggro with a camping/planking partner.

MK/Wario/GW are the best partners

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Is there an in depth guide to Lucario's Aura mechanics? I've seen the percent chart, but I do know that Lucario is affected by the stocks he has left as well. How does that work, and how does that work in teams?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Michael Hey's blog (.nothing) is the probably the best, that guy found like tons of stuff waaaay ahead of his time. Let me see if I can find a chart/formula in my saved pics.

Eragon

Smash Rookie
What's the ideal percentage to stay at in an average Brawl?

I try to stay around 60-80%. High enough for a boost in attack power, not high enough to be killed too easily.

Auratic

Smash Cadet
That part of Michigan where no one else lives...
I was curious as to how Lucario mains trained in order to get better with the character. I mean, lvl9 CPU is nothing like fighting another human (they make stupid, sometimes fatal mistakes often when I fight them). Then none of my friends are that good at the game.

So overall, what would you guys recommend for a not so experienced player of Lucario?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Just play people. Resort to wifi if you absolutely have to patg and cutestlillucario are the most succesful lucario's I know that played wifi. Lucario is not very technical so really all you need to practice by yourself is wall clinging and b-reversal. Really just play a lot and get a strong foundation of the game by reading stuff on AIB.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lucario not very technical?

He's a lot more technical than people think.

Do you mindlessly DAir people's shields or do you DAir someone's shield to poke or pressure it, big difference.

Priority and doing what is safe is another huge thing to take into consideration. Some things become frame safe at higher Aura. Not to mention the occasional specific Aura % kill or prioritization. For example we can knock Snake off of Cypher with a fresh DAir at 53% (same stock). Footstool him after and yep. Now this is a very hard thing to pull off against competent Snakes, but its just an example.

Another example of paying attention to Aura is when we beat out all of Link's/Tink's non-bomb projectiles at 104% with a fresh AS, same stock.

Also know your Lucario techs because they can help get you out of sticky situations and/or punish things we might not be able to normally (ex. Air Walk from shield after MK uses his glide attack).

Top Bottom