• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA 0.2 Beta discussion topic.

Kirk

Smash Champion
You mean the timers? If you mean those, then i have,
it shortens the action to whatever time you set
it to, but the second one glitches it up usually and
the attack will do nothing.
No, there is another action besides "Timer" called "Time Manipulation," which has two parameters for it. By the description it says you can change the speed of time of various parts of the environment. I just don't know what the parameters do...

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
n00bie question here.
Is there a way to swap chracters via a move?
I.E. vB change like Zelda and Sheik? We could use this to make shadow mario/ Bowser Jr.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
How does one add hitboxes to a move? I used the Add offensive collision thing but the game treats it as if its non existant

defsithe

Smash Ace
so could this be used to change the sounds of the game so when i attack it doesnt sound like a sqeak toy? i miss the melee hit sounds, everything sounded like it hurt. lol.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I'm working on making Black Knight out of Ike. By any chance does someone have a Black Knight texture for Ike? :p

I have yet to test it, but when I can tomorrow I'll post about it/make a vid (maybe).

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Checking out 2 things kirk programmed. First was my concept: Side B converted into a hell's fang type maneuver for an eventual Ragna the bloodedge character out of Ike. (Side B with a darkness/aura effect that has a condition on hit, check it out starting at :52). Second is changing his down B into an AOE essentially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkZv0E1p4OU

D

Deleted member

Okay so say we do get things official and we release official, plussery-stamped .pac files.

This sounds like a really bad idea. It will be much harder to enforce legal .pacs for tournament hosts. It'll be a nightmare to coordinate properly :/

Here's hoping PW will release a code generator.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Okay so say we do get things official and we release official, plussery-stamped .pac files.

This sounds like a really bad idea. It will be much harder to enforce legal .pacs for tournament hosts. It'll be a nightmare to coordinate properly :/

Here's hoping PW will release a code generator.
Simple really, have the host hold the official pacs on a laptop then have people give the TO their SD to put the pac files in.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
thanks! also, i think her air B is a spam move lol. she spins in the air without moving. also, if you have any charge on your charge cannon, that charge will go away if you use airB. i'm hoping DragonRage can get a vid for me sometime soon. gonna start working on a Plasmakirby hack.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
When this gets settled please hook us up with a value lol electric blades would be win
I've been thinking this through, but I haven't tested yet.
Phoenix Mario could've just used his swing animation but kept everything else.
It would seem legit.

EDIT: And by everything else, I mean hitbox, graphic, sound, offensive collision, ect.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking this through, but I haven't tested yet.
Phoenix Mario could've just used his swing animation but kept everything else.
It would seem legit.

EDIT: And by everything else, I mean hitbox, graphic, sound, offensive collision, ect.
Bleh have you ever tried to add a sword swing to a character? its clear what the problem is. figuring out values n pointers is the issue. hitbox isnt a problem, sound aint a problem, offensive collision isnt a problem either, but making the sword look like something completely diffrent is weird. go try it, its easier to understand what im saying if u see it rather than me just trying to tell you.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Checking out 2 things kirk programmed. First was my concept: Side B converted into a hell's fang type maneuver for an eventual Ragna the bloodedge character out of Ike. (Side B with a darkness/aura effect that has a condition on hit, check it out starting at :52). Second is changing his down B into an AOE essentially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkZv0E1p4OU
It's still not done yet!! xD

But yeah, the Quick draw --> hell's fang was ryko's idea, and I tried to implement it. Looking at the vid I still need to tweak aerial properties and maybe add a check to see whether the first hit connects or not...if that's possible.

The down-b was more or less me playing around with a random idea. The move wasn't showcased in the video entirely...What I have now for his Down-B:

--Removed Counter completely.
--Replaced Animation with his Down-Taunt.
--Added a stunning collision bubble when Ike plants his sword in the ground(think ZSS' Dsmash).
--Added a fire column hitbox that appears when he says "Hmph!"
--If used in the air, Ike immediately plummets to the ground(a la Aether animation) and transitions into the grounded version of the attack. This was a result of a failed testing...and it might change in the future. I had trouble coding a sub action change...I wanted to change the action when Ike contacted the ground, but I've yet to figure it out...

I'm also still wanting to know about the Time Manipulation...because I hope that will allow one to slow down/speed up the character animations...which would provide for a lot more variety in moveset hacks without having to actually edit the animations themselves.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I was like: "Hell...Rope Snake was a charming character in MOTHER3. Insightful, intelligent, strong, brave, and reliable...so much that he went into a hole and pretended to be a worm...or at least...if memory serves...

LMAO

Awesome man.

Doval

Smash Lord
Here's some more info:

Set Bit Variable: RA-Bit[16] = true is what enables a jab to cancel into the next hit in the combo before the IASA frames. For example, Mario's Jab 1 turns into Jab 2 on Frame 8 at the earliest. PSA shows RA-Bit[16] = true after a time=360000 (frame 7 of Jab 1.) Not that there's much reason to do so, but if you were to remove it, the character is unable to perform the next hit of the jab combo until the IASA frame.

Set Bit Variable: RA-Bit[22] = true is what enables a jab to auto-loop back to its first hit when it misses while the player holds A. Deleting this from all jabs in the sequence prevents the auto-spam (if you only delete it from the first hit, the later hits can still autoloop.) Alternatively, you could delay this so it doesn't happen any earlier than the IASA frames. So, by playing around with this, it's possible to remove the auto-spamming from individual characters, so as not to screw up the oddballs that are adversely affected by the no-loop code.

Also, the 10100 timer (the one whose description says its timing is unpredictable) appears to simply start counting from the point at which it was called, rather than the start of the animation. E.g.
(more stuff)
Offensive Collision: etc
Timer (10100 version): time = 120000 intervals
Terminate Collisions:

Will terminate the collisions 2 frame after the hit boxes were turned on, instead of frame 3 of the attack.

Despite PW's description, its behavior doesn't seem unpredictable from what I've seen, and there are several instances in the original .pacs of it being used.

shanus

Smash Hero
I need the ability to check if jumps remain to call a function ability.

I have aerial Jump Cancelled shines working for fox, but he can infinite jumps from doing so as I have no means to check if he has a remaining jump to use.

Any help?

Untouch

Smash Master
I was messing around and I mightve found out how to switch attacks.

I think theyre the specials.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
I think it was either LA-Basic[0] or LA-Basic[1] that contained the value for how many jumps have been used...

Thanks for the confirmation Doval - I kinda figured that that one was just a synchronous timer, but it just seemed to me that every now and then the numbers just didn't come together.

Untouch

Smash Master
Also anyone found the flag for freezing yet?

IS it possible to change link's arrows?
Like make them ice arrows?

Revven

FrankerZ
It would be if you could edit the projectile's external GFX and the hit effect of it.

The basic 18 hit effects have been posted like, three times already.

Untouch

Smash Master
1 last question.

I've found out how to make mario make items, is there a list anywhere of the item numbers?

Ok ive managed to make marios fireball attack make him get a reflect badge.

Thats awesome :o

Heres my article list so far for mario.

ATICLE 1 = Fireball (sky)
0 = ?
2 = Fluud
3 = Final Smash, Crashes game if used.
4 = Nothing?
5 = Nothing?

shanus

Smash Hero
I think it was either LA-Basic[0] or LA-Basic[1] that contained the value for how many jumps have been used...

Thanks for the confirmation Doval - I kinda figured that that one was just a synchronous timer, but it just seemed to me that every now and then the numbers just didn't come together.
SO it would be like:

If LA-Basic[0]<=1

Allow JC shine to second jump?

Zourath

Smash Rookie
I'm messing around with Ness' PK Fire, so here are the articles I've found so far:
0: PK Fire (bolt) [no noticeable difference to 1]
1: PK Fire (bolt)
2: PK Thunder (Freezes if you make more than one PK thunder onscreen.)
3: Invisible mystery object (20-21% if it hits, it's probably the hitbox for a fully-charged PK Flash.)

Doval

Smash Lord
I haven't experimented with adding hit boxes yet but how do you know the hit box is even in the right place? That is, how do you know that the game treats it as "non existent" instead of the hit box simply being in a location that's not coming into contact with the other characters?
Phantom Wings said:
No prob. If I find any instance where the outcome is strange I'll be sure to report it.

Revven

FrankerZ
I haven't experimented with adding hit boxes yet but how do you know the hit box is even in the right place? That is, how do you know that the game treats it as "non existent" instead of the hit box simply being in a location that's not coming into contact with the other characters?
That's where the bone/id comes into play. Mess around with the value to see where the hitbox gets placed during the animation to figure out what bone is what body part.

Unless you meant something else entirely...

Top Bottom