• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA 0.2 Beta discussion topic.

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
What if one of the moveset codes was used (The ones that resulted in humanchu). Like, if I used a code that swapped Ike's moveset with Ganondorph, could that work?

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've been trying to recreate G&W's Nair, but it's not quite as easy as it sounds.

Apparently, when you generate article 2(G&W's parachute), you come up with both the open chute, on top of the closed chute. I can't seem to find out how to generate the hitbox in the right place(or even at all :ohwell:).

I was wondering if anybody knows:

1. How to remove objects.
  2. What number G&W's head bone is, if it has one.
  3. What the numbers directly after generating an article represent.

MaxThunder

PM Support
... if your trying to recreate his nair... why dont you just copy everything from his nair to wherever you want it?

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Well, I managed to replicate the Melee Nair as well as possible with my knowledge.

I don't have a copy of Melee atm, but the hitbox is as close as I can get with what I remember. The parachute comes out and disappears, but it seems like you must use the entire closing animation. I need to mess with the hitbox and the speed a little, but it looks really good so far. :)

I'll get a download up as soon as I am satisfied with it.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
K I toyed around with trying to make a character shoot a raygun one bullet at a time, and yet my character still freezes after he shoots the gun. Here's the code I have to make him shoot it.

Timer: time= 240000 intervals
Generate item: 0-2C
Change SubAction: Subaction=15D

I'm trying to figure out what the rest of the code can be so it makes him put away the gun(as in making it disappear) after he shoots it once. In case you're wondering, the character i'm using is sonic.(Trying to make a shadow moveset)

Any ideas?

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
How the **** did you do that, and is it just a graphic, or is it an actual hitbox? O_O
It's a graphic. Well, a lot of graphics.

I could add hitboxes, but I want to actually use it in normal Brawl, so...

Here is the .pac if you want to try it:
http://aludes.googlepages.com/FitPurin.pac
There's a camera closeup BTW.

There is 1 issue though: the game calculates the GFX position according to the bone, so when u use downB facing left, you'll see something like _|O_| instead of LOL. I could fix that too, but I'm getting used to it, so I don't really care.

The next thing I want to do is make the LOL explosions loop so you can actually see it clearly, but i still haven't tried that, so it's not included in the pac.

Feel free to test and use it (Ninja Jiggz with LOL Rest would be amazing x2).

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
It should say REST'D!

But still amazing xD too f***in good o.o

It must have been a lot of work right ? (An hour or two)

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
There is one error, you CAN change some of G&W's Articles. I just made his Melee Nair Parachute, it's further up the page.

Here are the ones that I know, and am pretty sure they don't change w/ direction.

#1 Trampoline

#2 Parachute

#6 Fish Bowl

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
just a suggestion.
Does anyone think we should start an ID reference thread to keep a bunch of ID's or is the first post of this page good enough?
EDIT: And by IDs I mean graphics, articles, ect.

Untouch

Smash Master
Anyone know how to make yoshi always have wings?

I got him to have wings, but when he uses final smash he loses them, what I'm looking for is a "step" kind of subaction.

shanus

Smash Hero
Does anyone here know how to adjust the sensitivity or ability to monitor directional inputs?

For example, I want a function for move specific IASA which somewhat works now like this:

Change Action: action=XXX requirement=Compare: IC0Basic[260]>=IC-Basic[66]

I can program some moves to occur, but I can't get neutral B, sideB, downB, and upB all to work as IASA as in each case, I can't get the appropriate action read.

ANyone know more about these variables for joystick inputs?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
i finally found out why it wasnt working for me (and many others)
it was because i didnt have the latest version of DirectX
sorry if its already been discussed, i didnt look back on this thread
and if anyone comes having an error when clicking "Open"
then just tell them to update DirectX : P
sayonara

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Here is my G&W with Melee Nair. It's a littly buggy, but it works. It has a third jump added in to make it easier to test.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=68b4f21bdbd13801e7ba8e3c6e11ce20d6293bbf5de0c7065621d66e282a0ee8

I can't upload a video, but anybody can if they want, just give me credit. Post here, or PM me if you make any improvements.
ummmm, if you use it, land on the ground, and they grab you at the same time, the parachute stays.

yea very buggy XD

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Let me know when you finish your sonic, I'll like to try him out. Putting electricity to sonic looks epic. I got it on mine but not on all of his moves. Oh and can't forget about that spike lol.
Almost done with him. And the spike is kind of.. Lol, but i've changed
it, its kind of hard to see where you are with it relative to the other
player. So in turn, its not so SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME broken.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
ummmm, if you use it, land on the ground, and they grab you at the same time, the parachute stays.

yea very buggy XD
Thanks, I didn't think of that, that also happens if you get hit while using it. I haven't had much time to work on it since I saw that, but I'll fix it later tonight. If all goes according to plan, I might find a way to skip the closing animation.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Thanks, I didn't think of that, that also happens if you get hit while using it. I haven't had much time to work on it since I saw that, but I'll fix it later tonight. If all goes according to plan, I might find a way to skip the closing animation.
Cool. actually, if you are hit at all during the animation, that happens.
And you should get rid of the parachute animation on the up B.

Untouch

Smash Master
Iv'e come to the conclusion that it is basically impossible to side b as yoshi without an egg.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Cool. actually, if you are hit at all during the animation, that happens.
And you should get rid of the parachute animation on the up B.
Fixed that, but I might have some trouble with the up B. I might be able to, but no promises

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
Okay, if I wanted to add to an attack, how would I do that? My intent is to change Ganondorf's neutral A to his neutral air A, and have that lead into his neutral A. So like, you press A, and he does the roundhouse kick, press A again, and he ends with his normal punch.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
You know what? I am going to make the weakest character.. EVER. the person
will only do 1 damage if i can't make them do no damage, but the attacks will
have a HORRIBLY high knockback power, but the attacks will have a VERY small
hit box, just enough to be able to hit. Its gunna be lawl.

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
Keep the Up B the same. It makes his recovery better. But kudos on the melee Nair. Thats my favorite one

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Keep the Up B the same. It makes his recovery better. But kudos on the melee Nair. Thats my favorite one
Well, I think I will keep the up B, removing it would ruin his recovery <.< >.> (and I couldn't do it). Although, I did remove the weird second closed parachute from the Nair article.

Does anyone know where to find the Falling w/ parachute animation, and how to switch it for the Nair one?

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
Okay, if I wanted to add to an attack, how would I do that? My intent is to change Ganondorf's neutral A to his neutral air A, and have that lead into his neutral A. So like, you press A, and he does the roundhouse kick, press A again, and he ends with his normal punch.
Add to this some questions having to do with his beam sword animations. Is it possible to have him to an attack with the beam sword animation, and either spawn a temp beam sword, or his Taunt sword, that would then disappear after the attack ends?

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think I will keep the up B, removing it would ruin his recovery <.< >.> (and I couldn't do it). Although, I did remove the weird second closed parachute from the Nair article.

Does anyone know where to find the Falling w/ parachute animation, and how to switch it for the Nair one?
*Destroyed*

Besides that, i might use him, if you give some creativity
into him, just a tad.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Not trying to be an jerk here, but WHY is everyone so fixed on Melee?
Like Brawl+ Balanced Brawl(unless they are the same thing)
other Melee wanna be codesets ect. It just, i dunno, kind of
ticks me off.. Why not just play Melee is what im trying to say.

Besides that, i might check into him, if you give some creativity
into him, just a tad.
Kinda ignorant aren't cha?

Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl are NOT trying to be Melee. One wants have the elements from 64 and Melee that Brawl removed and be balanced. The other wants to just be Brawl, but not unbalanced.

If it ticks you off, ignore it. If the people behind the two wanted Melee, they'd play Melee. But they DON'T want Melee. They want an improved Smash game.

Wanna know what ticks me off? People thinking we are entirely fixated on Melee.

Top Bottom