• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Projectile Rankings:.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
I kinda wanted a little debate before anything was changed. Not just a ,"this is better than that" or "move this up". Its nice when people actually (dare I say it) explain why they feel a certain move should be where they say it is. Thanks for the post :)

Frown

poekmon
omg I'm sorry. definatly one of the best projectiles in the game. **** those pesky burnt chickens. Puttin it @ 4th.
yeah good point. It clanks with everything! So annoying. moving down.....
Yeah I got owned by a gyro w/my DDD at a University tourney last week. I think subconsciously I just excluded it out of fear. Either that or I just forgot.
thats why we need the input of Link mainers like you :) thanks for posting.
Quadruple post. Neat.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Still not sure why Din's is so high up. It's incredibly easy to see coming, so you can just shield/airdodge it. Yeah, it forces an airdodge during recovery, but then what? You really can't follow it up with anything.

Should be Mid at most.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
*hates how Toon Link is mid in everything*
Whoever made this list has not seen a Toon Link Boomerang->Arrow Cancel-> Arrow-> Throw Bomb.... THAT MY FRIEND IS A WALL OF HURT.

But you can outprioritize it and atk Zelda while she's using it; Din's Fire has low priority and Zelda leaves herself open while using it.

Yep, which is why this list needs to be either re-done or re-made.
This is true. Both parts, especially the 2nd.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Toon Links Bombs should be higher :@

Cool Animation, good damage and mindgames and such, Cmon! lol

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Im sorry but, Ness PKT>Lucas' by far.
It's faster, easy to tail whip with, it's bigger, and easily leads into KO's via PKT2.

PK flash is better than PK freeze. Both moves are bad, but PK freeze is terrible.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Why is Gale Boomerang higher than TL's boomerang?

TL's boomerang: Does OK damage both ways, disrupts opponents, more agile, combos into things.

Let's take a look at Link's: Less damage than TL's, slightly faster (I think), wind effect (not as useful), can be followed up with dash attack....er, nothing else I think.

Point is, I think TL's boomerang has more uses than Link's. Please look into it.
Links boomerang can lead into his semi-infinite, which can be a free stock depending on % and the location on the stage + how far until they reach an edge. Goodday

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Pikmin should go up and Pit's arrow should go a little down impo. Olimar can, as so called, "perfect camp" a lot of characters, and it deals damage rapidly.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
it's not the number of reasons. it's how good the reasons are... vegetables > Waddle Dee toss
How? You didn't even give a reason. You only hinted to me that the number of reasons was not a good reason to prove Waddle Dee Toss > vegetables. To address my "good" reason, I'll state the following: in the first post, DarkThundah mentions points to be considered
which are:

1.Power- The Gordo can pack some power, KOing even heavy characters at mid-percentages(80-100%), besides, it gives a whopping 25% all at once.

2.Range-The range stretches as far as half of FD(when used on the ground) and when you happen to get a Gordo, the spike ball of destruction happily bounces its way across the whole of FD :)

3.Speed-Relatively quick, not as fast as some projectiles, but hey, I'm not saying WDT is an uber projectile

4.Effect- WD's isn't the greatest, giving melee attack damage but WDoo's have their own projectile(two for the price of one), and it can set up for just about anything. And Gordos give huge knockback.

5.Application- Can be used just about anywhere, except for close range like a character length.

WDT has its pros and cons, but overall I'd say it's a High projectile to say the least.

Denzi

Smash Master
Whoever made this list has not seen a Toon Link Boomerang->Arrow Cancel-> Arrow-> Throw Bomb.... THAT MY FRIEND IS A WALL OF HURT.
I thought the list wasn't about how good the character is good, it's about the projectiles.

While Tlink is awesome for having three projectiles, each projectile by itself isn't quite as awesome.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
How? You didn't even give a reason. You only hinted to me that the number of reasons was not a good reason to prove Waddle Dee Toss > vegetables. To address my "good" reason, I'll state the following: in the first post, DarkThundah mentions points to be considered
which are:

1.Power- The Gordo can pack some power, KOing even heavy characters at mid-percentages(80-100%), besides, it gives a whopping 25% all at once.

2.Range-The range stretches as far as half of FD(when used on the ground) and when you happen to get a Gordo, the spike ball of destruction happily bounces its way across the whole of FD :)

3.Speed-Relatively quick, not as fast as some projectiles, but hey, I'm not saying WDT is an uber projectile

4.Effect- WD's isn't the greatest, giving melee attack damage but WDoo's have their own projectile(two for the price of one), and it can set up for just about anything. And Gordos give huge knockback.

5.Application- Can be used just about anywhere, except for close range like a character length.

WDT has its pros and cons, but overall I'd say it's a High projectile to say the least.
The only thing Waddle dee toss has over vegetable is range.

If you pull out a stitch it does a good deal of damage, and can kill fairly quickly. WDT has more range over vegetable and it lasts longer. However if you manage to bounce turnips of an opponent and catch them, you can rack up damage, quick. Turnip/vegetable can be cancelled by running of the ledge, and can be "free pulled" if you B-stick so it's pretty **** quick. Vegetable is pretty much a throwing item, not much of an effect there. One of the things that shine about vegetable is the ability to glide toss. You can move around the stage while throwing turnips and follow up with a grab, tilt, or virtually anything else.

WDT is a great projectile, but I do believe that vegetable is the better of the two.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Dins Fire in high? LMAO. just because it does great damage WHEN it connects doesn't mean it is one of the best in the game.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
The only thing Waddle dee toss has over vegetable is range.

If you pull out a stitch it does a good deal of damage, and can kill fairly quickly. WDT has more range over vegetable and it lasts longer. However if you manage to bounce turnips of an opponent and catch them, you can rack up damage, quick. Turnip/vegetable can be cancelled by running of the ledge, and can be "free pulled" if you B-stick so it's pretty **** quick. Vegetable is pretty much a throwing item, not much of an effect there. One of the things that shine about vegetable is the ability to glide toss. You can move around the stage while throwing turnips and follow up with a grab, tilt, or virtually anything else.

WDT is a great projectile, but I do believe that vegetable is the better of the two.
You sir, have a point. I respect your respect for WDT. I'm sorry if I showed a hate for the vegetable move, I guess I got carried away. :ohwell: From the facts given by you and others alike, I have been assured that vegetable is a great move. However, I did forget to mention that WDs/WDoos/Gordos(except reflection) cannot be picked up and used against you. Characters like G&W, Marth, and Donkey Kong, to name a few, have advantages with Peach's projectile as they have massive glide tosses that rival Peach's.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Im glad Pit's arrow is one of the best (at number 2) and he deserves it.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I say wDT and the turnips should both be high tier. both have a KO move and can pretty useful. BUT, Peach has bombs, which are almost always a free kill depending on %. The stitch faces also kill easily. And beam swords can ko too.
Waddle DEE's can set up-to smahes, and Gordo's kill. But, in this case, Peach's downB wins.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Where's Ice Climber's Blizzard?

Waddle Dee Toss should be above Gyro. Gyros can be picked up and used by the opponent, the toss can be used much more often than the gyro, it can rack damage faster, waddle doos, gordos, hell, it should be in the high section

FLUDD and spring jump switch places

Needles should definitely not be in the high section. Sufficient enough damage it causes to be considered a good move takes too long to charge when compared to things like the waddle dee toss and wolf's laser. put it in mid

(btw, you have vegetable listed twice)

Luthien

Smash Ace
Nit-picking:
Just so you know, Din's Fire can be reflected, you just don't normally see it in a match. If Zelda jumps towards her opponent, casts Din's and the opponent reflects it, the fireball will hit her instead if she's in range of the explosion. Zelda's rarely close enoguh for Din's Fire to turn on her, but it is still possible.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
Where's Ice Climber's Blizzard?

Waddle Dee Toss should be above Gyro. Gyros can be picked up and used by the opponent, the toss can be used much more often than the gyro, it can rack damage faster, waddle doos, gordos, hell, it should be in the high section

(btw, you have vegetable listed twice)
I agree. I think the Gyro isn't great by itself, but when it is paired the Robo Beam, when both are used after another, it can be hard to get through. By itself, WDT > Gyro.

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
Where's Iceys Blizzard ? You included Samus' Missile but not her Super missile.

Peach's turnips are listed twice, Mortar should be way higher.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i am most likely missing it (though i did look over the list a couple times to make sure) but did you forget to put diddy's peanut gun on there? it's certainly not great, but it has its uses for sure.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
i am most likely missing it (though i did look over the list a couple times to make sure) but did you forget to put diddy's peanut gun on there? it's certainly not great, but it has its uses for sure.
Low
Fire Breath-Bowser
Flamethrower-Charizard
C4-(In Air Only)Solid Snake
Bullet Seed- Ivysaur
Force Palm-Lucario
Inhale-King Dedede
Wario Bike-Wario
PK Freeze-Lucas
PK Flash-Ness
Peanut Popgun-Diddy Kong
Bomb-Samus Aran
Chef-G&W
Spring Jump-Sonic
F.L.U.D.D.-Mario (Zero application…really)
Water Gun-Squirtle (this one to)
Also, Luigi's fireball needs to be a LOT lower.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
Made some changes based on what I think is a fair consensus:

Moved up: FLUDD, Peaches turnips, DDD’s WDT, and Pikmin.

Moved down: Pit’s arrows, Zelda and Luigi's fireball.

Added: Super Missile and Ice Climber's Blizzard (thanks I didn't see that)
-just a note for my samus players, case some1 doesn't know: you can cancel lag on super missiles by jumping; kinda like falco. Its easier if you set C-stick to special.

Thanks for the awesome feedback, its still a work in progress so feel free...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
FLUDD could probably move up more, but it's much more difficult to place than other projectiles because of how unorthodox its uses are as a projectile.

Top Bottom