• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Projectile Rankings:.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The missiles should be grouped together. If not, you might as well separate the pikmin.

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
Guys! guys! why isn't small landing stars on the list ?... you know when D3 lands on the stage after Up-b or Yoshi's Down-B?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I dunno if I'd even consider some of these projectiles...

What's that one thread discussing that discussed what was wasn't a projectile? I remember it was a Yuna thread.

If not, Simna did some sort of organization on it somewhere...

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
You think so? That’s what I had originally but some thought that since they have different properties they should be listed separately. I see your argument about the pikmin, it’s just that samus will almost always be choosing which of her two missiles be used, where as Oli will usually (not saying everyone all the time) just through whatever he has out.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Add Blizzard from ice climbers onto the list, it's a projectile and definetly worthy of high tier

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Also, Luigi's fireball needs to be a LOT lower.
HELL NO: Kirby's inhale as a projectile IS NOT SUPERIOR TO LUIGI'S FIREBALL. That should be obvious.
It comes out faster than razor leaf so it's more reliable to get a hit with it
It can cover more ground than blizzard and doesn't keep Luigi stationary as it continues
It doesn't fall like mario's fireballs so it's a lot easier to implement in ground combat
and so on.
MOVE IT BACK UP

Purple

High
Red
Yellow

Middle
Blue

Low
White
lol, no. Keep in mind this is concerning the pikmin as projectiles
White - obviously does most damage when latched despite its low durability (4)

High
Purple - not good range but the knockback and damage are certainly good

Mid
Blue - farther range than purple but it has a bit less life than purple (purple-15 blue-14) however more so than red and yellow and white so it will probably be on an opponent longer than a red, yellow or white. Can't drown
Red - decent durability (9), decent range, nothing special as far as damage however it's invulnerable to fire (includes explosions)
Yellow - decent durability (9), ark is useful sometimes but not as much as a straighter path, nothing special as far as damage however it's invulnerable to electricty (includes Samus' charge shot)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
HELL NO: Kirby's inhale as a projectile IS NOT SUPERIOR TO LUIGI'S FIREBALL. That should be obvious.
It can cover more ground than blizzard and doesn't keep Luigi stationary as it continues
It doesn't fall like mario's fireballs so it's a lot easier to implement in ground combat
and so on.
MOVE IT BACK UP
It may be better than Kirby's Inhale, but it's not better than Mario's fireball since Mario can use it to control approach and setup moves.

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
bowser's firebreath is worser than charizards, and fireballs should probably be higher...

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Ness's pk thunder is way better than you give it credit for. Not only can it tail whip, but in general being able to guide it means that once an opponent is air born, it is extremely difficult to airdodge through it since it can rotate.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Charizards fire is better than bowsers

It has less starting and ending lag, plus its an alright approach

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
and so on.
MOVE IT BACK UP

lol, no. Keep in mind this is concerning the pikmin as projectiles
White - obviously does most damage when latched despite its low durability (4)

High
Purple - not good range but the knockback and damage are certainly good

Mid
Blue - farther range than purple but it has a bit less life than purple (purple-15 blue-14) however more so than red and yellow and white so it will probably be on an opponent longer than a red, yellow or white. Can't drown
Red - decent durability (9), decent range, nothing special as far as damage however it's invulnerable to fire (includes explosions)
Yellow - decent durability (9), ark is useful sometimes but not as much as a straighter path, nothing special as far as damage however it's invulnerable to electricty (includes Samus' charge shot)
You might as well do it with Turnips too...;)

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
I think the F.L.U.D.D. should be above Chef because the F.L.U.D.D. is useful for edgeguarding and for stopping attacks.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Guys! guys! why isn't small landing stars on the list ?... you know when D3 lands on the stage after Up-b or Yoshi's Down-B?
In this case, the stars are attached to the character's bodies, so the stars are just additional range instead of projectiles. And if they were projectiles , they'd suck :/

Also, Luigi's fireball needs to be a LOT lower.
Dude, fireball is a great pressure tool. It forces certain characters to approah, and works well with Luigi's aerial capabilities. Not to mention it clanks with other projectiles and junk.

And yes, Fludd is probably one of the most underrated moves in the game. It's ATs and edgeguarding abilities make it scary against people like Wolf and Lucas. But because it's definined as a projectile and does no damage, people think its trash

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
And yes, Fludd is probably one of the most underrated moves in the game. It's ATs and edgeguarding abilities make it scary against people like Wolf and Lucas. But because it's definined as a projectile and does no damage, people think its trash
QFT. Also, don't forget about G&W, he hates the FLUDD.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
^c0nd0r and Barge
You have convinced me. I have switched bowser and charizards fire breath, ty :)

^Mister E
Thunder should be higher, why and where?

^Barge
Blizzard should be high tier, why?

also: do we all really believe fludd and water gun should be higher, I've watched the video and I am aware of some of it's tactics but really, its pretty avoidable if you expect it comming. It seems to only be effective on certain characters; and very situational.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
also: do we all really believe fludd and water gun should be higher, I've watched the video and I am aware of some of it's tactics but really, its pretty avoidable if you expect it comming. It seems to only be effective on certain characters; and very situational.
Water Gun no, FLUDD yes; the FLUDD is a powerful defensive tool and gimping move, the only reason it would be avoided if you're carelessly spamming it. Also, if you haven't already, look up FIHL.

Gindler

Smash Champion
IMHO nannerz should be above nades. I can avoid nades easily and blow them up. Also nannerz cancel my jumps when nades just dink off and do nothing, nade countering is really annoying htough...hmmm

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think that Yoshi's Egg Toss should be put over Link's Bomb. Not only can Yoshi throw eggs more quickly than Link can throw bombs, but they also do more damage and travel further than his bombs. They also have about the same blast radius, too.

I can't see it moving up higher than Zero Suit Samus' Parts, though.

Gindler

Smash Champion
They can't be caught either like the bombs can which is really nice. Of course bombs cause all sorts of tricks too....hmmmmmm

Top Bottom