• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project] Troll Brawl Smash Mod

KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
I would like it, when the Item Respone Time would be increased. I mean Very Hard ist really stupid and very Slow. And alle Stickers would be Rolling Box srsly, thats so damn funny. I have to think on Norfair who the box will automatich begin to roll xD

Take a look at this. Thats so damn stupid and great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7zSjsiMwis&feature=player_detailpage#t=176s

Also you have to add a Textur on Bomb-Ombs (Troll Face == Troll-Bombs) xD
Even Rolling Box should have a Troll Face on it xD Would increase the fun xD

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Not sure what you mean by "Item Respone Time" but we already have a texture mod for bob-oms all planned out. They will be giant banana peals with feet (that explode).

EDIT: I found a Pichu. It'll need some nerfing for our purposes (obviously) but that's the basis of the "random select always picks the worst possible character" mod right there.

Yikarur

Smash Master
he means "Item respawn Time" I think

we play tested this today, So awesome.
but it's really freeze-prone. We had a looot of freezes.
If Links Ultra Smash is held for tooooo long it freezes if you unleashes it.
No Hitstun is soo awesome lol
Luigis Ultra Smash lasting forever is way to broken, once activated the game is done xD
oh and if you die while the timer is active you die, but don't lose any stocks and don't respawn (you're immortal!!!1)

very fun idea, I see a bright future xP

ryuu seika

Smash Master
So Link's final smash needs a time limit, though it can still be way longer than normal right? IMO the stopwatch (what you call the timer I think) should freeze the game permanently rather than do whatever it does now.

I've been thinking, what if we halved every character's fall speed? Everyone hates how Brawl is too light so why not make it worse?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If the dair action itself had momentum, yes. If you just try and fastfall and do a dair, you won't move because your fastfall speed is 0.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Shields have random breakage instead but priority based on controller port rather than moves could be a laugh.

Universal Changes :troll:

:troll: Tripping rate increased to 64x normal :starman:
:troll: Tripping can occur in the air too.
:troll: Tripping damages the person who trips.
:troll: Pressing Taunt Kills You. :starman:
:troll: Hitstun removed. :starman:
:troll: Melee air dodge system adopted. :starman:
:troll: Respawn Invincibility removed. :starman:
:troll: Stop Watch freezes game indefinitely.
:troll: Stage Friction is minimal.
:troll: Rumble occurs late.
:troll: Stickers, CDs, Trophies and Bananas explode on contact.
:troll: Motion Sensor Bombs and Smart Bombs (starfox) cause tripping.
:troll: Bob-oms are giant walking bananas (they still explode).
:troll: Items can't be turned off and are always set to "Very High".
:troll: Ledges have permanent pitfalls.
:troll: Random Select always picks Sandbag* on Pokemon Stadium 2.
:troll: Stages scroll in reverse. :starman:
:troll: Shields last indefinitely but have a chance to break at any moment.
:troll: Dodging has invincibility only on every other frame. It also causes one frame of invincibility about 5 seconds later.
:troll: The AI takes control of players briefly at random moments.
:troll: There is no limit to the power boost charging moves can grant.
:troll: The Homerun Bat's smash attacks shield break and 1HKO if blocked.
:troll: All stage music is replace by Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up".
:troll: All characters have zero fall speed and minimal fast fall speed.
:troll: Slow motion replays must be watched after every match. The music is adjusted to match.
:troll: Move priority is determined by the number of the controller port.

*Can't do anything and is otherwise unselectable.

Some Character Specific Changes :troll:

:troll: Bowser... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Captain Falcon shouts "Falcooon Puunch!" for every attack and "Yes!" for every other action.
:troll: Diddy Kong's jetpack causes tripping (with confetti) when it hits players, even in the air. Will occasionally fire Diddy off the top of the screen due to super misfire.
:troll: Donkey Kong... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Falco shoots Bob-oms rather than lasers.
:troll: Fox has Falco's old lasers with added rapid fire.
:troll: Ganondorf's neutral B is a super tornado and he keeps his sword after taunting.
:troll: Nana looks like Popo and Popo looks like Nana (model swap for ICs).
:troll: Ike fights with a Pow Hammer rather than a sword, with sounds to match. His B moves sometimes have the strength to match too but otherwise his damage is less than normal.
:troll: Jigglypuff's up B turns the entire stage black temporarily and his down B is useless.
:troll: King Dedede spits with infinite strength.
:troll: Kirby's Copy ability KOs (doesn't copy) and his Utilt has an insane hitbox range.
:troll: Links Final Smash keeps hitting until you stop holding the B button and his bombs are Bob-oms.
:troll: Lucario... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Ness and Lucas' PK Starstorms rain starmen instead of damaging.
:troll: Lucas' PK Freeze spawns Freezies.
:troll: Luigi misfires 7 out of 8 times, rather than 1 in 8.
:troll: Mario... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Marth's Counter doesn't end until B is released.
:troll: Controls for all players are inverted during Metaknight's B moves and his neutral B makes a "quack" noise.
:troll: Mr.Game&Watch's forward B always hits nines. :starman:
:troll: Olimar spawns items instead of using or spawning Pikmin.
:troll: Peach does not pull up turnips, but Smash Balls. :starman:
:troll: Pikachu is replaced by a worse version of female Pichu who looks like Pikachu on the caracter select screen.
:troll: Pit... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Ivysaur's Bullet Seed hits once per frame. :starman:
:troll: Charizard's B moves are swapped with Squirtle's.
:troll: Squirtle's Rock Smash explodes like the starfox bomb.
:troll: ROB... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Samus shoots from her mouth rather than her arm cannon.
:troll: Snake's grenades are Pokeballs. :starman:
:troll: Sonic's speed is doubled (including speech), apart from his dash which is 8x normal and his walking which is unchanged.
:troll: Toon Link... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Wario can pull out a new bike as soon as he begins to fall after jumping off the last one.
:troll: Wolf... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Players stay in Yoshi eggs for far longer than normal.
:troll: Zelda and Sheik transform into random characters, rather than eachother.
:troll: Zero Suit Samus... <suggest> :random:

Some Stage Specific Changes :troll:

:troll: Final Destination tilts and flips. :starman:
:troll: On Jungle Japes, Klap Traps spawn really frequently and jump extra high.
:troll: On Port Town: Aero Dive, cars spawn frequently and kill one hit.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Why seven? Also, they go at -1 times normal speed at the minute but it could easily be changed to -7 times if you can justify it.

From what I hear, this mod doesn't work with stacksmash. Is that true? I just got a PAL version and I'm wondering what to do with it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Because 7 iirc is the maximum you can go before you start getting serious problems.

Also reverse sounds pretty amusing.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Why seven? Also, they go at -1 times normal speed at the minute but it could easily be changed to -7 times if you can justify it.

From what I hear, this mod doesn't work with stacksmash. Is that true? I just got a PAL version and I'm wondering what to do with it.
captain falcon´s falcon punch doesn´t charge and has 3 times more knockback, but kirby´s falcon punch goes in slow motion and has no hitstun :troll:

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Can someone post a few vids of this? It sounds hilarious.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The original version appears to have only ever been tested by the OP and he lacks recording equipment. I could give you vids of Pichu dittos to the tune of "Never Gonna Give You Up" on the modified Final Destination with items on maximum but that's the closest I can get.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I sincerely hope this wasn't a complaint. :troll:
^This. Isn't the point to troll? Also, in response to your signature, I would give up on Ganondorf. In vBrawl you stand no chance in a real tournament. Anyone decent as MetaKnight or Snake would destroy you. Blame Sakurai, not the messenger.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If the point is to troll people, that's fine. But the way that this game is made and headed, people will play about 3 games then stop because it's too annoying to play.

It's stupid to make a game that is /purposely/ made to discourage people playing it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Well I'm certainly enjoying Pichu vs Trollface MK on the modded Final Destination with items on maximum so your concerns may prove to be unfounded.

Whatever happens though, this game won't play like Brawl so we can't really know how each individual mod will affect the playability of the whole until the project is finished. Who knows, Brawl might actually be better without recovery...

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm certainly enjoying Pichu vs Trollface MK on the modded Final Destination with items on maximum so your concerns may prove to be unfounded.

Whatever happens though, this game won't play like Brawl so we can't really know how each individual mod will affect the playability of the whole until the project is finished. Who knows, Brawl might actually be better without recovery...
What's interesting is that if you remove the UpB's, Meta Knight would be one of the only characters with a recovery lol

Top Bottom