• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project] Troll Brawl Smash Mod

cucucachoo

Smash Rookie
why would i delete the smashstack file when that's the method i am using to load gecko. if i deleted it, then i wouldn't be able to softmod. needless to say, i dont have a modchip installed

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I have no idea then. The hackless version should have a code to disable custom stages. If it doesn't, then one thing to do would be to rename the st folder after each smashstack run. :/

:phone:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
He's not talking about custom stages. Apparently I've done something that messes up the stage select screen.

Things to check:
-The code you're using is my music code and not the list of changes (that colourful thing that isn't code).
-You have the music mod pack that goes with it.
-The modded music files are in the right place.
-Is your game the american version?

Things to try:
-Does removing the gaps between each section of code fix it?
-How about Adding a title to it (look up other codes for the format)?
-Does using the code line limit remover fix it?

Also, the music mod pack is required if you want to use the music mod code but the other mod pack is not required at all. The "Troll Stuff" pack is simply a bunch of stage mods and character mods that add to the fun.

cucucachoo

Smash Rookie
Just had a big facepalm moment guys, will fix what i did wrong then edit post with results (might not be right away I have some things to do today) but will do ASAP

Edit 1: open gctedit hit new, entered code provided (also is in an .rtf format in the brawl music pack), put .brstm files in folder "srtm" ran brawl, froze at stage select screen. Didn't have time but I theorize setting options to random stage would have worked. Notes: All spaces and gaps were removed prior to compiling (gctedit won't accept it any other way), I should probably try the line limit remover fix but didn't have time to learn to use it yet. Not sure precisely how lines are counted or how many lines geck1931 can support but in word the word count was like 830-something meaning two words per line for at minimum 400 lines total. More updates later.

Edit 2: tried same thing as before but using random stage select, game functioned as regular brawl (perhaps there was some error in loading but gecko went through its setup process as always). got battlefield, all normal. check a couple stages in my music, seemed normal. no crashes. This is a really dumb question but does the code you provided include all the star'd items from the change log + the my music hack or what all is in this mixture of codes lol. Perhaps I missed this information in the thread but for which stages did you change the songs for my music... I have read almost the entire thread and didn't see a list. Is anyone having any luck getting this to run at all? Or is anyone else testing this code? It would be wise to have many testers.

Edit 3: Did some research, seems the code line limit was only a problem in older versions of gecko, due to 1931 and gameconfig.txt we can now have more lines of code than we'd ever want ( like 80,000 the thread said). With that said, I'm going to have to start from scratch again and see if I can't get this to work the right way. Question: is it a problem if I am running Brawl Minus but then just switched the .gct file out? Also another theory I have is that I added in some custom stages that may be affecting the custom stage screen. I'll try to create the most untouched version of brawl I can and load the .gct files again sometime, likely within the next 24 hours. Sorry for the massive edits, just feel like we can talk through this thing and get it working :)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The music mod code contains only music changes which should, in theory, not affect the my music stuff at all, only the in game music. This changes the first 2 tracks on every stage (besides the stages with only one) to MODOK's theme and Never Gonna Give You Up, respectively.
The other mod pack contains a variety of changes, most of which are starred on the list. This is not everything though.
The rest of the starred items are either in the original build (first post) or in random other lists of codes throuout the thread.

Did you title the code as from what I hear that may be required?

cucucachoo

Smash Rookie
@ryuu seika okay this time i have good news. After using code manager (and titled the code) to compile the .gct I discovered two things:

1. ALWAYS freezes at stage select screen, but if you use random it works.

2. This only works if you don't use an alternate costume, must be original color: any stage you go to the music will either be "Boss Battle Song 1" or "Save Point"

I just took those brstm (however they are) sound files that you gave and plopped them in the folder with the rest of the other ones, this is what you intended right? Technically a little work around might be to find which files are boss battle and save point and rename them something else and give their names to the rick roll musics.

Seems you're very close to getting it to work!

EDIT: I think that my stage select freezing is isolated to me so don't try to figure it out. also is there anyway we can get a complete package going "as is" at this time? as in a "download this, copy to root of SD, enjoy" type thing including /private /codes gameconfig.txt and elf.boot ? This way the stage mods and other such things could be put in to begin with. (OR I could do this when I stop being lazy LOL!)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
When I'm back off my holiday, I will attempt to collect all the code in one post. After that we can work on compiling something.

If you are getting Brawl music and not the desired troll music, it is clear that you haven't used the music mod pack that goes with the code. Those files are named so that they should replace the tracks you mentioned (and a few others like electroplankton).

I don't know why alternate costumes would mess with it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Well I can't code, despite my surprising success earlier on in the project, but I have organised all the code we have so far so that it can be compiled into a new version of the project, which should hopefully then spark new interest and thus breath life back into the coding side.

All we need is for Dragoon Fighter to come back and compile what has been linked and posted in the above group.

If he doesn't, we can then start thinking about who else might be better suited for the job.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ouh2f2o7cl2964

I will update the opening with a list of changes and credit later.
When I do update the opening it will have a pack containing stage and texture hacks, not just the code sheet.
Anyway this codesheet is untested (Can not use my wii right now) so if there are any problems please let me know.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I knew you'd come through for us DF. Just remember to make the update clear in the title when you edit that post.

@CF9000: Progress has not truly been made since the last time you asked but Dragoon Fighter has kindly put together everything we have in one neat codeset, as you can see above.
And I guess I may have ended up as such but it is entirely unintentional I swear.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
I knew you'd come through for us DF. Just remember to make the update clear in the title when you edit that post.

@CF9000: Progress has not truly been made since the last time you asked but Dragoon Fighter has kindly put together everything we have in one neat codeset, as you can see above.
And I guess I may have ended up as such but it is entirely unintentional I swear.
yeah i saw DF post the code anyway i don´t think i´m noy gonna test it mostly because i don´t have my wii hacked and won´t hack it, the idea of geting my wii bricked make me shrudder

player_03

Smash Rookie
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ouh2f2o7cl2964

I will update the opening with a list of changes and credit later.
When I do update the opening it will have a pack containing stage and texture hacks, not just the code sheet.
Anyway this codesheet is untested (Can not use my wii right now) so if there are any problems please let me know.
I tried this, and for the most part, I liked it. The infinite shields, tripping when you land, and lack of hitstun were my favorite mods here. Being able to hit someone in helpless state without giving them their up-B back is quite entertaining.

Two complaints, though:
• It's less fun with player 1 being huge until they die. Most of the time they don't interact with anyone else, meaning it can take a minute or two before the match really begins.
• The game crashed at one point, probably due to the fact that a character died off the top almost immediately after wrapping around.
I've disabled the wraparound code, but I can't find the size modifier code. Could you remove it or at least post the codes you used?

Also, I'd suggest adding this code, preferably slowed down, and perhaps only for one character.
Ideally, I'd like the code to be active only while taunting (meaning the taunt to suicide feature would be removed). Just imagine Kirby spamming down taunt while sliding crazily around the stage so no one could catch him and make him stop.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Lol, I didn't even know we had a size modifier code!
And it looks like DragoonFighter stuck in codes that I never intended to use as that wraparound is known to have glitches.

Super Seyian (however you spell it) should be for Lucas and maybe Ness.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
so until dragoonfighter keeps working here´s something to cheer you all up:

why was captain falcon mad when he got his new keyboard?
:3
F-ZERO

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Pokemon trainer should no longer use Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard to fight, and should instead be his own character.

And all of his moves throw a pokeball.

KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
Someone is working on this?

Could anyone remove Endless Luigi Final Smash? Because this doesnt make fun after all, tooo broken.

I have also ideas! If someone working on this i would talk to him =D

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
every song should be replaced with guile's theme

ryuu seika

Smash Master
every song should be replaced with guile's theme
It was considered but noone liked the idea.
Instead, every stage has track one and two replaced by MODOK's theme and Never Gonna Give You Up, respectively. What makes this even funnier is that they don't show up in the "My Music" menu so you can't tell there are any changes in advance.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
It was considered but noone liked the idea.
Instead, every stage has track one and two replaced by MODOK's theme and Never Gonna Give You Up, respectively. What makes this even funnier is that they don't show up in the "My Music" menu so you can't tell there are any changes in advance.
At least on smashville every song should be Guile's theme (could have different versions if you want).
That stage is just so overplayed.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
I see that you plan on using a Melee air dodge... I wrote a code that kills all momentum when you land out of an air dodge, which would bug people who think "oh, good, at least there's Melee air dodge. I'll just wavedash," since it makes wavedashing impossible. You can use it if you want...

Also, what kind of progress has been made on this in general? I could try to do some codes for you if there are general moveset changes you want to make for the whole cast. I'm just not sure what's been done already or even what's still planned.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Lol, that could be a good laugh. If you could reverse all momentum on landing that would be even better though. Stage reverse wavedashes to completely screw people over :p.

Everything here is in the current version and the stuff mentioned in the top topic is what I believe aught to be in.

If you could port the texture/vertex mod of Pikachu into Sandbag (I'll find it if you want) over an alloy and disable all its moves so that we can replace randomselect with it then that would be very helpful too.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Some of those things look like I could maybe do them for you. I'll let you know. As far as wavedashing momentum goes, what if attempted wavedashing shot you backwards so fast you were almost guaranteed to die? That would be a really simple adjustment to my code.

Top Bottom