• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project] Troll Brawl Smash Mod

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but I don't dig the dodge thingy.

I think the purpose of this mod should be to have a retardedly dumb Brawl which is perfectly playable. Making it plain ridiculous will just have be a mod that you use once, then never again.

I think dodges should have full invicibility -2 frames, or just haave 2 frames of non-safeness. That way it's counterable, but still stupid.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I think the purpose of this mod should be to have a retardedly dumb Brawl which is perfectly playable. Making it plain ridiculous will just have be a mod that you use once, then never again.
That is indeed the idea but I don't see how messing with dodging makes the game unplayable.
The 64x tripping might be a bit too much though...

Moveswap sounds good too.
Just so you know, it would only be for specials.

Make Ivysaur have infinite jumps. And Vine Whip is an OHKO.
Everything is a one hit KO after the modified Bullet Seed.

I doubt anyone besides like 5 people have played this game. :(
Even I haven't. I'm too scared to mod my Wii.

I think we should start compiling this stuff into something usable.
What exactly do you have in mind? I had a list of what I thought were the better ideas but I haven't updated it since page 10.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
Well, messing with the doding the way it was put here (making it be completley useless) would make dodging pointless. It should have some dumb characteristic to it.

Make every dodge spawn a Banana peel. Screw Diddy

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
Don't remove invincibility on shield rolling, spot dodging, or air dodging. Just cut a few frames off on the invincibility.

Or make the invincibility go on and off every other frame. :troll:
that's the best idea. quasi-random invincibility...... thatd be awesome....

maybe it lingers in some wierd way... like theres 1 more frame of invinci after 5 seconds lol

ryuu seika

Smash Master
So wait, what? Invincibility on every other frame during dodges and another frame at a seemingly random moment 5 seconds later? That's definitely weird but I think I still preferred none at all. We're getting somewhere with this though. Maybe we'll reach an interesting compromise in the near future.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more this weird pseudo-random approach seems like a good idea. I'm still not convinced on it but I probably will be come tomorrow.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Cool some of my suggestions made it in.

All the title songs should be replaced with Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" aka Rick Rolled :troll:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That sounds good.
Well, actually it'd sound quite bad but that's kinda part of the joke. Approved.

Universal Changes :troll:

:troll: Tripping rate increased to 64x normal :starman:
:troll: Pressing Taunt Kills You. :starman:
:troll: Hitstun removed. :starman:
:troll: Melee air dodge system adopted. :starman:
:troll: Respawn Invincibility removed. :starman:
:troll: Stop Watch freezes game indefinitely.
:troll: Stage Friction is minimal.
:troll: Rumble occurs late.
:troll: Stickers, CDs, Trophies and Bananas explode on contact.
:troll: Bob-Oms and Motion Sensor Bombs cause tripping.
:troll: Items can't be turned off and are always set to "Very High".
:troll: Ledges have permanent pitfalls.
:troll: Random Select always picks Pichu* on Pokemon Stadium 2.
:troll: Stages scroll in reverse. :starman:
:troll: Shields last indefinitely but have a chance to break at any moment.
:troll: Dodging has invincibility only on every other frame. It also causes one frame of invincibility about 5 seconds later.
:troll: The AI takes control of players briefly at random moments.
:troll: There is no limit to the power boost charging moves can grant.
:troll: The Homerun Bat's smash attacks shield break and 1HKO if blocked.
:troll: All stage music is replace by Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up".

*Pichu takes Pikachu's spot on the roster and looks the same on the select screen.

Some Character Specific Changes :troll:

:troll: Bowser... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Captain Falcon shouts "Falcooon Puunch!" for every attack and "Yes!" for every other action.
:troll: Diddy Kong's jetpack causes tripping (with confetti) when it hits players, even in the air. Will occasionally fire Diddy off the top of the screen due to super misfire.
:troll: Donkey Kong... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Falco shoots Bob-oms rather than lasers.
:troll: Fox has Falco's old lasers with added rapid fire.
:troll: Ganondorf's neutral B is a super tornado and he keeps his sword after taunting.
:troll: Nana looks like Popo and Popo looks like Nana (model swap for ICs).
:troll: Ike fights with a Pow Hammer rather than a sword, with sounds to match. His B moves sometimes have the strength to match too but otherwise his damage is less than normal.
:troll: Jigglypuff's up B turns the entire stage black temporarily and his down B is useless.
:troll: King Dedede spits with infinite strength.
:troll: Kirby's Copy ability KOs (doesn't copy) and his Utilt has an insane hitbox range.
:troll: Links Final Smash keeps hitting until you stop holding the B button and his bombs are Bob-oms.
:troll: Lucario... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Ness and Lucas' PK Starstorms rain starmen instead of damaging.
:troll: Lucas' PK Freeze spawns Freezies.
:troll: Luigi misfires 7 out of 8 times, rather than 1 in 8.
:troll: Mario... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Marth's Counter doesn't end until B is released.
:troll: Controls for all players are inverted during Metaknight's B moves and his neutral B makes a "quack" noise.
:troll: Mr.Game&Watch's forward B mostly hits nines and ones and will occasionally be replaced by a Pow Hammer or even a golden Super Hammer.
:troll: Olimar spawns items instead of using or spawning Pikmin.
:troll: Peach does not pull up turnips, but Smash Balls. :starman:
:troll: Pikachu is replaced by a worse version of Pichu (see above).
:troll: Pit... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Ivysaur's Bullet Seed hits once per frame. :starman:
:troll: Charizard's B moves are swapped with Squirtle's.
:troll: Squirtle's Rock Smash explodes like the starfox bomb.
:troll: ROB... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Samus... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Snake's grenades are Pokeballs. :starman:
:troll: Sonic's speed is doubled (including speech), apart from his dash which is 8x normal and his walking which is unchanged.
:troll: Toon Link... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Wario can pull out a new bike as soon as he begins to fall after jumping off the last one.
:troll: Wolf... <suggest> :random:
:troll: Players stay in Yoshi eggs for far longer than normal.
:troll: Zelda and Sheik transform into random characters, rather than eachother.
:troll: Zero Suit Samus... <suggest> :random:

Some Stage Specific Changes :troll:

:troll: Final Destination tilts and flips. :starman:

Ecks

Smash Lord
That sounds good.
Well, actually it'd sound quite bad but that's kinda part of the joke. Approved.
LOL I didn't mean changing all the stage sounds to rick roll, just the menus. Changing the stage music would make the file size ridiculous. Really, it'd be like 750MB considering how much music this game has.

Unless you really want to troll people that is. (I'm not implying anything with this last sentence, seriously, don't do that)

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
No hitstun? But that's dumb, people like histun, we need at least a reasonable number, how about 5x?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
LOL I didn't mean changing all the stage sounds to rick roll, just the menus.
Menus cannot be changed. The only real rule in place for this mod is that. People are not to find out that they are playing it until it's too late.

thats the whole point of the mod
what people dont like
Not quite. It's intended to be a mess of dumb stuff that is nigh impossible to have a serious game with. Enjoyment is allowed.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Menus cannot be changed. The only real rule in place for this mod is that. People are not to find out that they are playing it until it's too late.
Oh, you're right lol

Mmm. Maybe a code to load a single song for every stage then :troll:

I'm sure there is one around, but I can't remember who did it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, they "personalized" him a bit more as far as animations go but his run and Dair animation personally look like crap in Brawl. His Up B got a fair buff to it and Flame Choke is a lot more interesting. Everything else about him in Brawl is terrible. Ganondorf in Melee is more wavedash-centric than Falcon is and top level players can get the guy to move at a crazy pace. Wavelanding off platforms backwards into a Uair is common edgeguarding practice and is just one of many ways that they get Ganondorf to move so fast.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you are against "a character that relies on breaking game mechanics" and then you say if you do want to use a character like that but do it right...then just do it correctly?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sorry but I will never like any character that relies on breaking game mechanics like that.

This isn't the place for such anti-breakage stances though, in this topic we should break things and we should do it right.
The ****? I didn't know there were people who still had that kind of ridiculous stance. It's literally just an air dodge into the ground, facing the opposite direction, falling off the platform with that momentum, and then doing Uair. There's nothing that "breaks" the game's mechanics at all in that.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If you are against "a character that relies on breaking game mechanics" and then you say if you do want to use a character like that but do it right...then just do it correctly?
No, I'm saying that I'm personally against abusing game mechanics like that but breaking the game mechanics in fun and laughable ways is part of what this project is about.

@GD: ok, you're probably right, there's nothing that wrong about wave landing, just wave dashing. So long as you actually leave the ground, you are using the dodge in the intended way and you're just getting the most out of the momentum. It's when you get momentum for something you didn't actually do that it screams abuse.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wavelanding and wavedashing are both essentially the same thing just applied during two different situations, the former being performed when falling rather than immediately after a jump like the latter.
I don't get what you mean by the last two sentences. Melee's Air Dodge moves you in a chosen direction. By landing with it diagonally, you transfer the movement into momentum. There's nothing that's abusive about it. Wavedashing is simply an effective spacing tool. There are so many worse things like wobbling with ICs in Melee or CGs with characters like Falco, D3, and others (or even worse, grab releases) in Brawl that you should constitute as abusing game mechanics considering they can lead to infinites and are terribly shallow in nature (at least wobbling is difficult to pull off).

Top Bottom