• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project o-h: 145+ need artists!!!!!! See op!!!!

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Okay keist there are a few other people in cincinnati that play that you havent heard of

For starters theres some other diddy named slips in cincinnati but idk where in cincinnati he lives.

Ben10 lives in the west side and he plays R.O.B

S.T.A.R.S Mains Pit and he lives in the northern area of cincinnati

Paris mains I think wolf/zelda and lives in the west side near durell

AVGN mains samus and lives iiin batavia??

L.B is a ganon main but im not sure on what part of cincinnati he lives in.

All of these people (minus slips) are at cincinnati state, regularly attend smashfest and occasionally attend local tournaments.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
no larry still plays and he is getting better.
kyle still plays as well.
Kyles plays pikachu and larry plays peach
jellityme also plays DK in Vbrawl

links24

Smash Ace
hey keist i got more ppl from the akron area ya can add

wisdom-snake main
Tamn-ganon main
oblivionvoid-ike main
forsaken-olimar
dakota-luigi

i was able to talk them all to comin back into smash XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
hey keist i got more ppl from the akron area ya can add

wisdom-snake main
Tamn-ganon main
oblivionvoid-ike main
forsaken-olimar
dakota-luigi

i was able to talk them all to comin back into smash XD
Why don't I know any except Wisdom? Talk them into coming over Wednesday.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Wow... just wow....

Keep it up everyone!

Remember: Even if the players don't go to tournes, but at least go to smashfests/practice sessions post them here!

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Wasn't there another guy from Dayton that we met at MLG? I don't remember his name but I think he was a Pikachu main.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i also remember seeing a PT main from circleville that went to MLG. he posts here forgot his name...fffs

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
@Nope: OUGA has a much sexier list, PLUS they have GIRLS!
OUGA is bringing sexay back! them other smashers don't know how to act!

Anyway, I have decided that I am now officially a Lucario main.
but...you'll still be seeing Yoshi from time to time too... :bee:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wait that guy's from Cbus? I played him online the other day, and I could have sworn based on the lag that he must live in Antarctica or something...

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
You can change my main from Wolf to Snake. My performance with Wolf at a MI tourney was bad this weekend. Snake was much more reliable.

D

Deleted member

Morph definitely doesn't main Yoshi. He's a Link player.

And yeah, I live in the NEOH region, but go to school in the OUGA region.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Crunch hasn't posted in nearly a year, and Jerk+Katon basically drop off the map after every event they attend. I feel like this list is deceptive. It makes it seem like Ohio has 100+ active players when that's simply not true. So many of these people are locals who never travel and sporadically attend tournaments in their own area. Maybe when the list becomes more concrete you can add to a few more details to it.

I like the point-out-the-drivers idea.
I think it'd help if an inactive symbol was put into use.
I don't know if it could realistically be figured out for everyone, but if you could mark who will/won't travel out of his area for tournaments that be very useful.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Both Katon and Jerk have been to smash fests AND tournaments in the last 6 months.

Yes you do have a point though: it'll probably be sorted by who is active or not or at most color coded.
But I'm still going to include people that play smash WITH active players. Because the way I see it....

"If I started going to school at Denison, who are people there who go to tournaments/use to go to tournaments I can contact to learn about the Ohio scene"

Even though Crunch is more or less retired, he still has enough experience to help newer people get started. Jerk and Katon still go to C-bus/Springfield tournaments as well.

The listings is more for people who are moving into/visiting the different Ohio regions so they have an idea of who people are (since we in Ohio already know who people are and where they are from... for the most part.)

OUGA is another excellent example, most of those players don't travel to other events. But they do gather every Friday to play various fighters/games (including smash). If a player started to attend/visit OU, they would be seeing those people on a weekly basis even though most of the players aren't considered "active".

The final thread will also link to smashfest threads/groups as well.

Once this listing has truly peaked, I will start talking with "The Council" to get this new thread under way. Hopefully it's up by the beginning of Fall.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
There was a guy from Hawaii that actually looked up this thread or another Ohio thread, and got the opportunity to play the Cincy scene while he was here on a trip.

That means alot.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
@Kiest: Yeah it's tough to define "active" isn't it? I think active should mean whether or not they regularly play the game with others at smashfests, tournaments, or otherwise even if it's just in their area. Then, later on, if you wanted to use this to determine potential attendance before hosting a tournament especially when there are 2 on the same day you could add something saying whether or not people travel for events, but that idea's like a hover car, it'd be cool but I don't expect it any time soon (if at all).

@anyone-who-gets-it-and-read-the-rest-of-this-post: I'm as good at metaphors as I am at buffets aren't I?:laugh:

Top Bottom