• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Hylian here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb5MFuzi-tg&feature=youtu.be

it's against a computer, and I screwed up a bit but still you can do it from at least 20%
step up yo CG game son
actually don't bother since the new d-throw probably won't let us anymore

Np, I'm glad to spread some knowledge around though. The whole combo video is actually pretty sweet.
It is

And I just tested the reverse b-air it works, not sure how you can do it wrong, maybe get a little closer? I think the Brawl animations might be different which might be messing you up

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian here:

it's against a computer, and I screwed up a bit but still you can do it from at least 20%
step up yo CG game son

It is

And I just tested the reverse b-air it works, not sure how you can do it wrong, maybe get a little closer? I think the Brawl animations might be different which might be messing you up
Ok, so you can grab him at 20% with no DI. Now what will that % be when your opponent is actually DIing correctly? Not low %.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Hylian here:

step up yo CG game son

It is

There is absolutely 0 DI in this video. Even from 50% with DI, it's hard for Link/TL to consistantly CG. Like Hylian said, it seems to be easier once you reach the 70-80% range. Before then, especially at lower %s, you can DI and tech away from it before the grab would hit.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Ok, so you can grab him at 20% with no DI. Now what will that % be when your opponent is actually DIing correctly? Not low %.
You can do it lower but DK won't go into tumble so I turned it up to 20%, and I've done it with someone using DI, there shouldn't be any reason you can't

There is absolutely 0 DI in this video. Even from 50% with DI, it's hard for Link/TL to consistantly CG. Like Hylian said, it seems to be easier once you reach the 70-80% range. Before then, especially at lower %s, you can DI and tech away from it before the grab would hit.
Did you not read my previous posts, REALLY?

My point was it can be done and I proved it, and even at 50% it's not that hard, and after 70% characters can typically jump away, I never try to chaingrab above like 75% on lightweights.

Live and Learn works much better on lylat cruise man, just sayin

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Well that's a shame. How exactly does something like that work in Brawl? I'm thinking if it'd be possible to just make something more "visible" but still simple, something like a black circle wrapped in a white circle, so it wouldn't be TOO bad-looking.
I'm still hoping everyday that this will come out.

Vwins

Smash Ace
sup guys I finally got my self a dazzle to show you guys my lucario as requested ;p.

Here's a preview of lucario's combo potential in 2.1 Me (lucario) vs my roomate I know the quality is not that great but its my first time uploading video so yeah dont complain <.< I'll try to upgrade the quality in the futur if i can.

I would like to note that i think my roomate is a decent player and not all my matches against him are that one sided(He doesnt really play ganon lol). I just wanted to show you guys cool stuff for a first match. Plus, he got alot of practice against lucario's combo so there's alot of the time where he DI away stuff but since lucario is so good i can adapt and still combo him.

So I'll be uploading alot more videos from me and P:M players from my region in the futur so make sure to follow if you want to see more sick combos from a bunch of P:M characters :).

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vwins

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Now that you have a dazzle, Vwins, you don't have to use the WIFI safe codeset and save replays anymore. Use the normal codeset, as there are codes in that build that make the game more "melee-like." Just record the match as it is with your dazzle/software :p

Also- AWESOME lucario. Hyped to see more in the near future!! :D

Mazza!

Smash Rookie
sup guys I finally got my self a dazzle to show you guys my lucario as requested ;p.

Here's a preview of lucario's combo potential in 2.1 Me (lucario) vs my roomate I know the quality is not that great but its my first time uploading video so yeah dont complain <.< I'll try to upgrade the quality in the futur if i can.

I would like to note that i think my roomate is a decent player and not all my matches against him are that one sided(He doesnt really play ganon lol). I just wanted to show you guys cool stuff for a first match. Plus, he got alot of practice against lucario's combo so there's alot of the time where he DI away stuff but since lucario is so good i can adapt and still combo him.

So I'll be uploading alot more videos from me and P:M players from my region in the futur so make sure to follow if you want to see more sick combos from a bunch of P:M characters :).

Wow Vwins, this is more a combo vid than a match :) impressive!
What's your opinion about Lucario?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Very, very impressive Vwins.

MaxThunder

PM Support
lol that vid is awezome... rapecario=)...

so... if anyone know how to of ac replace part of a character's model, please tell me... i wanna replace marth's sword with a different one...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Whoever was asking a bit back, why I thought Ganon lost to Lucario... There's a better illustration of it lol. Ganon in particular being a tall/large character and somewhat floaty (in comparison to Falcon Spacies etc) makes it hard to touch the ground safely. DI away to try and touch the ground if you're not a fast faller is going to suck vs Lucario lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There will be new characters. We just haven't announced them yet. Watch for updates on projectm.smashmods.com.

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Whoever was asking a bit back, why I thought Ganon lost to Lucario... There's a better illustration of it lol. Ganon in particular being a tall/large character and somewhat floaty (in comparison to Falcon Spacies etc) makes it hard to touch the ground safely. DI away to try and touch the ground if you're not a fast faller is going to suck vs Lucario lol.
Im pretty sure he ***** the entire cast because of his moveset, all he needs to do is vary one move inside his combos and he can chain attack no matter the weight of the character, all it takes is either a little reaction time or simple following where the opponent is DIing to, it's not that hard to do when you are great player.

shanus

Smash Hero
The next patch is looking to address some of those concerns, with a greater focus on commitment, precision, and a strong look at his shield pressure game.

We'll provide more details when they are ready.

Prinny Mask

Smash Rookie
So, finally got around to downloading the P:M beta thing.

Apologies if the question is ancient, (lol, 5k+ page topic) but what's the deal with Zelda's new side special?
Not the whole floating time bomb thing, but the curve. It has this sharp drop/rise when you adjust it instead of the gradual slope it used to have.

That intentional, or just a to-be-fixed technical problem from changing her side special in the first place?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Also, that match WAS on FD. Less platforms for Ganon to maneuver around on. Which is important since Ganon is more easily baited than Lucario. He needs better ways to get on top of lucario without just hoping for an aerial to land. Lucario appears to do well enough without platforms.

Stevo

Smash Champion
he should change his name to JVwins

It's still impressive regardless that it is a favorable matchup for lucario on a favorable stage for him against someone of less skill.

EDIT: Favorable, that's the word I was looking for lol. fix'd. It's early, I'm still half asleep.

Prinny Mask

Smash Rookie
Toon Link's new f-smash animation is awesome. :0
On the other hand, his aerial up special doesn't seem to want to lead into its own finishing blow.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace

Damn dawg, that Lucario is beast, I'm glad it's gonna be harder for you to do those combos in the next demo, never thought Lucario was OP before I saw this lol

Music choice is awesome too, if you want more epic music imma be uploading some for FD eventually, I've got a crapton of music like that

metroid1117

Smash Master

That was amazing, I was so sad when that DTilt connected on the last stock. I feel bad for Kage now.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I've been saying for quite a while that Lucario is dumb, and only now people are starting to see it lol, very nice Lucario though :D

But I gained no further insight on how dumb the character was because I knew that from the beginning.

Edit - Also I don't understand why i've seen posts & statements like
Lucario loses to Bowser and DK....NEVER EVER!!!

Ecks

Smash Lord
I always thought Lucario had crazy potential, but this is ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom