• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I hate to pull a Leffen...but you are an idiot. You have no idea what you are talking about. Especially when it comes to pit. So please shut up and let the adults speak.
I, too, can only talk in blatant condescension.

Honestly, Pit's going to be fine. You'd expect this to be obvious from how every PMBR member ever has said these aren't the only changes, but hey, hyperbole is hyperbole.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I think Lucario could stand a few buffs actually. The only real nerf to dash attack that would make sense would be if it was in the same Chain Arts hierarchy as Smashes or Tilts.

Couple with the ability to do a down-B backwards (a great buff to give him zoning options) and it gives less reward in favor of a more dynamic neutral game, and fits the bill for Smash's reward system vs its movement system pretty well.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Where in NY?

:phone:
NY City, but I don't mind driving a little further around NY as long as it's not another 2 hours in the opposite direction of my home, I'm gonna be around the area anyways

Link style f-smash? Like in melee?
In that case it will be worse then it used to be.

Upp-b always sweet spot - Still the same strentgh as it had before? Cause then it is at best a very small buff cause a great player should be able to end the combo with that sweet spot anyway. The weak hit MAYBE has a potencial to be a combo move too (but a litte buff overall I guess)
F-smash has more range now, how is that bad?

And Pit's up-B being ALL sweetspot is a VERY small buff at best? ...You must be shrooming

Armada

Smash Lord
I asked if it works like Links f-smash does in melee. That means the f-smash has 2 hits instead of one.

And yeah it is a small buff. The fact that the weak hit is not left means we maybe will not find out about combo potential from that move. Useing weaks moves in your combo game in melee took mad long time for a lot of people so I think it is to early to say if Pits weak hit could be any good.

And easier to land is more of a buff for worse players. Once people have played the game/Pit more getting the sweet spot will be easier. That means eventually people will close to always get the sweet spot when they want to anyway.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Making a move easier to land isn't a huge buff. It's a sensible fix, but it isn't something game changing, like removing an entire glide, or making a move more advantageous on Block.
Actually, that makes sense, nevermind.

I asked if it works like Links f-smash does in melee. That means the f-smash has 2 hits instead of one.
Thought you knew already, my bad

And yeah it is a small buff. The fact that the weak hit is not left means we maybe will not find out about combo potential from that move. Useing weaks moves in your combo game in melee took mad long time for a lot of people so I think it is to early to say if Pits weak hit could be any good.

And easier to land is more of a buff for worse players. Once people have played the game/Pit more getting the sweet spot will be easier. That means eventually people will close to always get the sweet spot when they want to anyway.
Makes even more sense, damn, did not think that one out lol

Armada

Smash Lord
I don't know but I really wanna know so if someone can tell me I would be happy =).
Yeah always haveing the stronger hit is good in some situations though so in the end I think it will be better.

Like even for the best player in the world it is impossible to always make the combo one step further. So sometimes doing one extra hit and then upp-b is possible cause you will get sweet spot even if you are not close enough (compared to the old version). So in the end I think it will be a buff (based on that it always will be sweet spot even if you barely hit the person with it).

And yeah now problem. Maybe I wrote it in a way like I already knew it :p

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
...Wait, people are saying that Pit's up+b being all sweetspot isn't a huge buff?

Nice try, Pit mains.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just to nip this before it gets too far: Pit's UpB still has a weak hit.

We've took a long look at Pit and made some relatively small changes with him to feel more rewarding and "Melee." The PMBR is quite happy with how he's feeling in our dev build, but everything is subject to change.

Fly Amanita also plays Pit, by the way. Pit's in good hands, and we think people will be happy with how he is after 2.5 comes out.

:phone:

Omni

BRoomer
So... is there going to be a list of all the changes that have been made in 2.5?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Pit seemed pretty analogous to Melee characters in 2.1. Extraordinary baiting and neutral game with moderate rewards mixed with 50+% combos, quick ledge carry-offs, and a great balance of offensive and defensive options.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm still confused why it's not just Demo 3

I mean you're adding characters and ****

sounds pretty new numberish to me

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
...Wait, people are saying that Pit's up+b being all sweetspot isn't a huge buff?

Nice try, Pit mains.
I struggled with the upB alot myself at first but honestly Armada isn't lying. Against the kind of characters you can combo the sweetspot up-B connects pretty naturally once you get going. This is a considerable buff to characters that are difficult to combo or throw into an upB. People like Luigi or Jigglypuff for example.

However, Those characters can't be combo'd any more because you no longer have 2 air glides. So basically isn't a huge buff it just makes up for a huge nerf.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Pit seemed pretty analogous to Melee characters in 2.1. Extraordinary baiting and neutral game with moderate rewards mixed with 50+% combos, quick ledge carry-offs, and a great balance of offensive and defensive options.
I agree. Pit is definitely a very well polished character that fits well with melee physics.

Omni

BRoomer
I struggled with the upB alot myself at first but honestly Armada isn't lying. Against the kind of characters you can combo the sweetspot up-B connects pretty naturally once you get going. This is a considerable buff to characters that are difficult to combo or throw into an upB. People like Luigi or Jigglypuff for example.

However, Those characters can't be combo'd any more because you no longer have 2 air glides. So basically isn't a huge buff it just makes up for a huge nerf.
Oh, so Pit doesn't have two air glides anymore?

I'mma' just chill into I can get a patch list. I wish there were less nerfs and just more concentration on buffing weaker characters and adding more characters.

Like as it stands, I don't think Ike should be nerfed at all at the time being.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
So is the first dojo-style post tonight at 12:00 A.M., or is it tomorrow at 12:00 A.M.?

From my understanding there will be two a week, one friday night and one saturday night?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I will never know for sure what people mean by "Saturday at Midnight," since that can mean Friday going into Saturday, or Saturday going into Sunday.

Why not just have the updates at a normal time like Noon or something?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Time Johns are the newest thing.

We should just make the entire system changed to "1st Hour 1st minute" instead of "12:00AM/0:00"

Then it goes to 1h02, 1h03, all the way until 1h60. Then it switches over to 2h01, and going until 24h60. the minute after that is 1h01 of the next day.

Also days should start at sunrise first day of Spring/Fall instead of in the middle of the night. Who the **** came up with that standard.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
FALCONS

does anyone else have trouble doing fancy chilean ****, primarily Reverse Bair into anything?

i cant get the reverse bair at all, even in training mode, although i did land reverse bair to knee on a friend of mine the other night (for the first time since PM came out)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Let's stay on-topic, guys.

Well that was definitely not me.. but I guess I can go record stuff with him at some point if I ever get the motivation to play. =/
I know, I was just referring to how your posts were interpreted as you being *****y and not playing the game enough.

Also, in case anyone cares, I have 3 games of my Charizard versus Rat's Sonic from yesterday's Vro Zone. I would have 2 more hours of footage, but my computer derped out and only recorded these matches.

abcool

Smash Ace
Well, since 2.1 is gonna be obeslete soon. I am gonna state my top 5 predictions for the fun it. Yes, i think the 2.5 is a tip off for how many characters are gonna be in it..at least idk, this is just my prediction. my top 5 are Samus, SSZ, Ivysaur, Diddy kong and Yoshi.

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh, so Pit doesn't have two air glides anymore?

I'mma' just chill into I can get a patch list. I wish there were less nerfs and just more concentration on buffing weaker characters and adding more characters.

Like as it stands, I don't think Ike should be nerfed at all at the time being.
Let's set the record straight:

They're not nerfs, they are tweaks. Tweaks to make the character fit the vision the person(s) behind it (you know, the people who did all the coding, testing, designing etc.) come to life. Pit losing 1 aerial glide does not inherently make him worse, he still works the same, he just has an actual risk to going offstage. Something that's analogous to... Melee's offstage game. And as it is, as you've seen with Armada's Pit, the character doesn't even need a glide at all to edgeguard or combo well.

Granted, Armada is like the best player in the world but... that doesn't mean other Pit players can't copy what he does, even if it takes a lot of execution, it means it's possible and that's what ultimately counts, does it not?

Additionally, nearly every character has had tweaks that benefit them, more so than "hurting" them. We're very selective on this stuff, Omni. We don't just change things on a whim, it's a lot of discussion and testing.

It's not just "oh, players are complaining about Ike, he's placing well in tourneys, let's nerf him!" at all. It's "hmm, Ike is doing well in tourneys and players are complaining about some aspects of him that are a little silly but as a cohesive whole the character plays super well. What can we do to make whatever's silly about him less so without impacting the character's feel and general strengths at all?" That's the kind of stuff we think about.

Ike is in good care, don't worry about it bro. As are all the other characters in this game. Everything's goin' be fine. :)

This thread doesn't reflect the dev team's opinions at all, so don't let what's being discussed in here lead you to believe X character is only receiving nerfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom