• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, I've finished uploading my tournament videos from The Big House 2. VGBC has the rest on his stream, they'll be on YouTube sometime. I'll go through the post-tournament friendlies/MMs sometime this weekend.

WR1 - Chillin (Wolf) vs Spoon (Snake)
WR2 - Nintendude (Ike) vs ORLY (Bowser)
LR1 - DoH (Sheilda/Charizard) vs Spoon (Snake)
LR1 - Sweet (Wario) vs LMNO (Lucario)
LR2 - Scythe (Wolf/Snake) vs LMNO (Lucario/Sonic)
LR4 - Nintendude (Peach) vs Rat (Sonic)
LR5 - MattDotZeb (Falco) vs Nintendude (Ike)

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've finished uploading my tournament videos from The Big House 2. VGBC has the rest on his stream, they'll be on YouTube sometime. I'll go through the post-tournament friendlies/MMs sometime this weekend.

WR1 - Chillin (Wolf) vs Spoon (Snake)
WR2 - Nintendude (Ike) vs ORLY (Bowser)
LR1 - DoH (Sheilda/Charizard) vs Spoon (Snake)
LR1 - Sweet (Wario) vs LMNO (Lucario)
LR2 - Scythe (Wolf/Snake) vs LMNO (Lucario/Sonic)
LR4 - Nintendude (Peach) vs Rat (Sonic)
LR5 - MattDotZeb (Falco) vs Nintendude (Ike)
haha tounrey nerves so hard, couldn't tech a thing vs chillin =3

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Whoever told Hylian about Link's chaingrabs...I hate you >.>

Since I've been playing a lot of Toon Link, however, we also found out he has just about the same chaingrab.

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, I may have discovered something useful for Charizard: it seems if you B-reverse/Wavebounce his Flamethrower after at least a medium-hop (needs a little more distance than a short hop from what I've experienced), you get this:

I highlighted the relevant parts

I've found it better when used from an uncharged fly to retreat with due to the sheer distance, but the cool thing here is that 1st flame, which can result in coverage like this when you land with it:

Here we see the Flames hitting about 1/2 of Smashville, and yet still go airborne slightly for a pretty huge, if brief, hitbox. The trick to this is doing a not-quite-full hop and performing the B-reversal, making him scoot back just an inch but extending the fire by nearly double (Normal Fire from that spot would only reach the turtle guy in the backdrop).

Not sure if this actually is anything, or even potentially useful with 2.5 on the horizon, but worth sharing *shrug*.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
But Peach or Sheik don't use walking animations to run.

Wario uses his Walking animation from Wario Land,

to run.

So just imagine Charizard using his walk animation really sped up and calling it a new run animation. That's what it is on principle.
I'd like to direct your attention to this clip of Wario running.
Anyways, not that it's off topic or anything, but this is why we have abstained from showing BR changes before releases in the past- people complain prematurely about things when everything is subject to change.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know, I will be streaming on Saturdaze at 6pm EST @ twitch.tv/dazee_ so follow me for more 2.5 preview streaming fun!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
whoever told hylian about link's chaingrabs...i hate you >.>
<_< >_>

:D.

It's weird how they mainly work at high %'s lol. I just never tried before cause I couldn't get them at lower %'s.

Edit: Daze send me PM go.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Anyone know what the zard changes are?.. his know his fair looks a lot faster and no special fall after glide, but what else?..

couldn't get any answers on JCaesar's stream before i had to leave to sleep=(...

So, I may have discovered something useful for Charizard: it seems if you B-reverse/Wavebounce his Flamethrower after at least a medium-hop (needs a little more distance than a short hop from what I've experienced), you get this:

I highlighted the relevant parts

I've found it better when used from an uncharged fly to retreat with due to the sheer distance, but the cool thing here is that 1st flame, which can result in coverage like this when you land with it:

Here we see the Flames hitting about 1/2 of Smashville, and yet still go airborne slightly for a pretty huge, if brief, hitbox. The trick to this is doing a not-quite-full hop and performing the B-reversal, making him scoot back just an inch but extending the fire by nearly double (Normal Fire from that spot would only reach the turtle guy in the backdrop).

Not sure if this actually is anything, or even potentially useful with 2.5 on the horizon, but worth sharing *shrug*.
you should go post this on smashmods so we can gather all zard knowledge in one place...

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Noticeable changes I've seen in JCaesars stream are:

Ledgeteching is indeed back.

Lucario - his moves have been sped up alot, most noticeable on dsmash. It looks like you can't just throw his moves out and conect them though doing a move too fast makes him miss alot. He looks more floaty to me but that may just be me.

DDD - up b hit box actually has kill power when landing. Killed marth at 103% on draculas castle. side B has smash and tilt inputs that change how far he throws his minions. He can throw them at alot of different angles. (I like this idea but his animation doesn't match up well with some of the extreme angles)

Zelda - dins look like they move a little faster and her cool down time looks after the move looks smaller

Rob - visually you can't see the difference but JC said in general his fire moves do more sheild damage. His laser moves give him less hitlag on sheild so he can act quicker on sheild hit. His momentum is adjusted and looks smoother when using up and side B.

Ike - no change

Wario - Got an A+B move on the ground. He stomps his foot and opponents hit by it are buried in the dirt like DK side b. I doubt the A+B bury thing is going to stay in. His dash dance looks more useful. His dash grab has variable lengths depending on how long you hold down the grab button. his bite neutral B is manuverabe in the air now so he can move forward while doing the move. F-tilt has a new feture that if you hold A he winds up his punch longer and i assume he does more damage. F-throw got a new animation and charge feature. He throws the opponent like a football hold the grab button, i think, to charge the throw and the throw gets different properties. Down B looks like it has a bigger hit box. New run animation.

pit - got a link style fsmash. can only glide once in the air if he started in the air. up b seems to be all sweet spot now and reliable for a kill. side B momentum looks smoother. Arrows look slower and may be even more weak at a distance. (they looped an arrow on smash ville and it hit a balloon and the ballon didn't pop which means it did less than 1% damage)

toonlink and I assume link too - can have more than 2 bombs now

Ness - down B looked like it was jump cancelable and maybe has a wind hit box. side smash can be angled(work on this animation please). neutral b will explode on contact with the ground. If ness is hit while using neutral b it will still explode. This explosion can hurt him though. oops droped my brain plasma. now we're all dead. thats what the situation is like lol. I can see this being used in a falco ness team. with help from falcos laser ness could probably neutral b spam. I wonder can he absorb his own plasma? dtilt looks like its back to its oldself fast and spamable.

Zard - fair looks like its all or mostly sweet spot now. you can you can down b in the air much earlier after you down B on the ground. Fly to glide is pretty quick. glide doesn't put him in free fall anymore. up throw looks much stronger may actually KO now.

G&W - can act earlier out of up b. somthing is different about his side B bit i can't tell exactly what. I think i saw him get a 7 and it automatically healed him and also droped an apple.

soinic - fair is alot faster, uptilt is a backflip kick or somthing. side b looks like it lets him end with that slide attacke animation. I think he still has his old dash attack. Its hard to tell since he still has ball attacks.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Sonic's moves all look faster/a bit more powerful, but it also seems like his overB (main spinning move) got nerfed. It seems slower, although it was kinda hard to tell since the Sonic's were actually using moves other than spin. (Apparently he has those now!)

His upsmash now has an actual upsmash hitbox with knockback and everything. Killed a peach at 110% after the smash.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Really looking forward to the detailed changes. Wario and Ness seemed to have gotten the most which isn't really surprising.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What's the difference? :/

iirc ntsc required you to release the button on 3rd press before x amount of frames to gentleman else it would then automatically go into rapid jab, while PAL requires a 4th button press for rapid jab, and 3rd will always only do the gentlemen.

not 100% sure, so anyone can feel free to confirm or correct me.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Why is TL's boomerang significantly worse than Link's? lol

Anyways, I'm liking those 2.5 changes I saw. Especially anything that said a move hits more "reliably," like Charizard's sweet spot fair.

ss118

Smash Master
I haven't seen anything from 2.5, but just from what I've experienced from the current project m I hope that Wario, Charizard, Sonic, and Ness all get some buffs. Toon Link would also like something, and I hope Samus/ Yoshi are available to play.

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
PAL Gentleman: Press A 3 times. The 4th time starts the rapid jab.

NTSC/2.1 Gentleman: You have to delay the 3rd hit a bit otherwise he'll continue straight with the rapid jabs. Some websites say there are other methods, like pressing Z+A for the 3rd jab, but I have never tested those for myself.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Whoever told Hylian about Link's chaingrabs...I hate you >.>

Since I've been playing a lot of Toon Link, however, we also found out he has just about the same chaingrab.
I'm truly, deeply sorry.......(No I'm not)

<_< >_>

:D.

It's weird how they mainly work at high %'s lol. I just never tried before cause I couldn't get them at lower %'s.

Edit: Daze send me PM go.
You doing it off the d-throw or up?

link can cg the lighter/floatier characters at low percentage.
Not for too much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom