• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Ike is broken.

10brokens

:phone:

Btw I'm recording matches with strong bad, spider mad, Meneks, and rat. Will make video later.
Sorry for forgetting about our MM (had to rush for online assignment which I'm doing now), I'll def. give you and Spife a couple bucks next time I attend a local for being nice and having me over.

I'm also sad I couldn't do another MM /w SB to try and get 9k unbanned lol

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That's actually literally the reason I always give for loving smash. It gives absolute control to the players. Freedom of movement, and damn fast movement at that, even control where and how you are hit via DI. Freeform comboes and not having to worry about pre-fabricated button inputs or (generally) slow character motion. I love the movement and freedom of the game and you are right pretty much no other games have it. It being the option to do just about anything out of anything or at any time and have it be viable, or even not viable. Just the ability to have choice over everything, its sick and it sucks that Nintendo just doesn't get it, or don't want to except it or w/e, I don't personally understand their double talk about smash and I'm not sure I want to lol. Hopefully they won't ruin 4 but I don't have my hopes up, I have project M already anyways. <3 M

:phone:
I have no ****ing idea how you got that out of what Dingding said lol

were the missing characters on the CSS?
No they're adding them in as they announce them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you clicked his LINK, you would understand.

Ding Ding is a much more complicated man than you make him out to be on the surface.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Oh well derp, now I feel stupid. I could have sworn his post color was like that normally.
Also I wasn't implying anything about Dingding. So stop reading into my post(s).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I will get your babies first! And they will run like Wario.

All that I implied is that Ding Ding imparts many words of wisdom, through very few shattered syllables.

Eli sometimes I love you, and sometimes you make my brain hurt, the kind of hurt that I might feel if Ding Ding made no sense.

Luigi is like, poo in the poo shell

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've always felt that its bad having both YS and FoD as starters. They are both just too similar IMO. Obviously they aren't the same thing, but similar enough to warrant something else. I've been running with GHZ as a starter instead of FoD personally. Heck, I think Dreamland would be a better inclusion in contrast to YS and FoD both being relatively tiny stages.

Also, what does everyone think of Skyworld? I almost never see anyone run it as a starter or CP. I personally don't like the layout too much, but I don't see a huge issue with the stage.

To me, Dreamland is only starter worthy @ 9 starter stages. GHZ's small base is also anti-starter worthy and I wouldnt see it as a starter unless I'm asking for like 13 starters lol.

YS and FoD have similar layouts, the stages have enough unique dynamics and variables imo to warrent being starters, as they're played on in very much different ways. despite having the BF platform layout.

Skyworld is too unique and different to be starter worthy, but I personally feel like it's very much a legit CP, mostly because it's one of the best anti-spacie CPs in the game. A lot of people are turned off to skyworld for whatever reason, when they shouldnt be. The stage needs play time for you to truly get accustomed to it, and once you do, it feels like a normal stage, especially since it's stable and doesnt have any moving anything.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Let's keep stagelist discussion in this thread, neko.

The discussion in this thread should be focused on hype/ speculation about Demo 2.5 :)

Tune into my stream at Twitch.tv/dazee_ on Saturday at 6pm EST! Be reminded that we have an update coming at you guys this weekend as well, so you can look forward to that! ;)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Not to mention that fireball waveland is the ultimate approach.
What's that, you'll shield the fireball? not so fast, he's already on top of you, with a grab.
What's that, you'll just smack the fireball? not so fast, he hit you as the fireball got there.
Jump over the fireball? That's right where luigi wants you, just run into those vertical knockback aerials.
Hit luigi first? The fireball begs to differ, especially when he can angle the AD more downard to have a slow, short wavedash.
There's no way out of that **** I swear, and I'm not going to experiment by playing against it; rather, I'm just going to complain.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sounds like a great plan to me. Let the devs just make him not overpowered any more. No need for us to try to find a way around how broken Luigi is. He's basically the MK of Project M and nothing can be done to stop him. He hits too hard and too fast, plus, he's GREEN.

That's the most OP colour you can be.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Will do Neko.
Too bad the mods are all sensitive and such about friendly banter.

But since this stuff has to be on topic- did anyone else think they saw additional fire coming off of zard's fair? It looked like it has hitboxes extending more outward now.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm going to try to get a stream going on friday. hopefully. I'll make some calls to find intested people to play 2.5 with me, live.

If not, I'll be stuck playing almost impossible to win matches against the CPU.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That's what I thought. I had actually suggested awhile they do the same thing for mewtwo if they were to ever be able to add him, but zard needed it too so I'm glad they decided on that. Zard mains derserved a little more anyways :D

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The dev team seems to have taken a lot from the in-depth analyses of his moves we did on SmashMods, so I'm gald that it wasn't for not. Nair tweak is almost identical to my proposal to let it hit lower right away and scoop up enemies.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
question about A+B inputs. Are you guys seting it up like lucarios A+B inputs or the wiimote & chuck inputs? Is it possible to make the wiimote and Chuck A+B easier to do like a grace frame window ware pressing A or B slightly after B or A still registers as an A+B input? I set A+B to footstool but its unreliable since the correct input window is so small. I Promise its like you have 1 frame to register as a one or 2 button press input.

iLink

Smash Champion
Don't know how accurate this is but I think I remember Guru saying in the stream chat that Charizard's fair doesn't have a sourspot anymore.

The dev team seems to have taken a lot from the in-depth analyses of his moves we did on SmashMods, so I'm gald that it wasn't for not. Nair tweak is almost identical to my proposal to let it hit lower right away and scoop up enemies.
Really hope that is the case. That will mean he can use his RAR nair shenanigans on smaller characters.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Jeesh, I watched like virtually all of the stream and not one Zelda battle.
I was kinda looking forward to possibly seeing something new with Zelda.

But one another note Sonic looks crazy cool, he actually has a move set and grab instead of just spinspinspinspin.

#YSonicSoGud

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It's also been said that fair's sourspot hits more favourably though.

I'm going to guess it has more sensible hitboxes such that the sourspot makes sense as to when it hits.

Fair 2.1 hits with the sourspot, THEN the sweetspot, and if the sour spot hits, the regular hit won't. Couple this with the two hitboxes being quite close to each other and only a frame or two apart, and it just makes the move really awkward to hit with.

It probably hits like most moves with a sweetspot now, where the two hitboxes occur at the same time and which hit you get is just a matter of spacing, not spacing AND really tight timing.

Wario's Uair I think has a similar goofy hitbox priority, but I didn't see much of that move to say stuff on it. The stream mostly just showed him "Running."

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
...But charizard doesn't do that
he glides on the ground to run, and has a little plomping walk with his stubby legs
your post confuses me, kink

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
But Peach or Sheik don't use walking animations to run.

Wario uses his Walking animation from Wario Land,

to run.

So just imagine Charizard using his walk animation really sped up and calling it a new run animation. That's what it is on principle.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario runs so cool, I hope he can fly or something. Make a costume the Warioman cape

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, at least it looks like a running animation and I think it was a speed buff.

I had an argument to your above statement but I can't word it correctly in my head and I'm slowly losing my train of though, so, I'm done.

#It'sTooLateAndI'mSleepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom