• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Alright, so when exactly is Cookie Monster being added I've waited SO LONG!

Foxy_Faux

Smash Rookie
The timing is similar to shortened Illusions/Phantasms, try pressing B right before Wolf starts moving. In terms of audio cues, it's around where the starting "whoosh" ends.

I got used to pressing b for shortened flashes as the whoosh sound came out. however that might explain why i more often get the super short flash, and maybe the end of the whoosh is for the longer mid-shortened flash.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
For Fox/Falco short illusion, you have to press B while moving forward. The sooner you press B after you start moving, the shorter the illusion will be. I've never played Wolf before but I imagine it'd be the same.

iLink

Smash Champion
While we are on the subject of hitboxes, does anyone know if the latest brawl box (v6.7b) can view hitboxes, or do you still need to use v0.64d B-y?

iLink

Smash Champion
Oh just tried it and its way easier to use then the v0.64d B-y + PSA method since it adds the hitboxes to the correct frames already.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, does anybody know when a new character will be put in?
The PMBR is being really tight-lipped about the next release, let alone whether new characters can be added. I think the only option is to wait and see.

On the topic of Wolf's hitboxes during Flash/side+B, does anyone know where his hurtbox is during the move? Is it similar to Fox/Falco, where his hitbox lags behind his hurtbox, or does his hurtbox disappear while traveling?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Soon (TM)

The proper answer though is that we don't know. Unlike Demo 2 changes post-Demo 1, they haven't brought it up as they want the player base to be focused entirely on what's here in Demo 2.

iLink

Smash Champion
The PMBR is being really tight-lipped about the next release, let alone whether new characters can be added. I think the only option is to wait and see.

On the topic of Wolf's hitboxes during Flash/side+B, does anyone know where his hurtbox is during the move? Is it similar to Fox/Falco, where his hitbox lags behind his hurtbox, or does his hurtbox disappear while traveling?
I went to figure that out in brawlbox... and I got this

Allow/Disallow Ledgegrab: Value-0,
Asynchronous Timer: frames=1
Generate Article: 2
Asynchronous Timer: frames=3
Body Collision: status=Normal
Generate Article: 2

Normally attacks have special/offensive collisions to indicate the hitbox. Does body collision mean his hurtbox is the hitbox? I don't see any indication of a hitbox besides the sweetspot.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
body collision ussually indicate wheather he's tangible, invincible, or in his standard hitable state. The hit box of this move is in the special end part of the animation.

edit:the actual timing to do the shortend flashes seems to be coded somewhere else. and the other hit box is caused by the article.

iLink

Smash Champion
Figured as much. Where would I find the hitbox for it then? I'm assuming it has something to do with the article it produces but I'm too dumb to figure out where to find that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yes, although I would still never touch the Wiimote itself with a 10-foot pole. CCP and GCN are your two best choices just because you have two shoulder buttons and a C-stick to customize controls to.

However, I think light presses are GCN controller exclusive.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Have you seen that ugly scarf and heard the sounds when he throws out hicks? It's atrocious!

Rat

Smash Lord
Edit: Stream was choppy. just gonna record and upload to my channel www.youtube.com/rat3485.

I'll post again with the videos once they are uploaded. And thanks to MonkUnit for the help!

Streaming some P:M at Vro's Dojo:
www.twitch.tv/rat3485

It's friendlies between Vro, Jesse, and I.

The cat might pull out the cord =/

abcool

Smash Ace
Will you guys be adding Melee battlefield back? Also +1 for fixing Falcon. I hate that scarf with a passion and those Sfx make me want to jump off the stage in SD so i could pick someone else.

iLink

Smash Champion
Fixing the scarf is an optional thing you can do yourself with textures and vertex mods and that jazz.

They can't replace sfx without forcing people to use riivolution

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't have a tiny SD card so that's what I already have to do. MMMMMMM

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Nope. The PMBR is letting the metagame develop more before releasing any kind of news about demo 3 or a demo 2.2.
Do they ever plan on realeasing the full game after a certain amount of updates? Or are they just going to keep updating until they feel that everything is good.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom