• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah as said, that's the problem, DK being able to **** up falco is what every character should be able to do, falco is the glass cannon, same with fox.

so he just has the perk everyone else gets vs falco, except it's a speedbike (with an unlimited ammo pistol) vs a semi truck

is there no solution or any attempts for fixes soon SB?

Hitstun is not modifiable on a per-move basis.
lame

of course everyone would cry about it, but removing falco's laser hit stun would be the best thing ever. he's already so damn good without it in this game. the shine alone man

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Taking away Falco's gun is taking away what makes Falco so good, safe and dangerous in the neutral game. Falco, with his average speed, would have so much trouble just trying to get in without his gun.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Taking away Falco's gun is taking away what makes Falco so good, safe and dangerous in the neutral game. Falco, with his average speed, would have so much trouble just trying to get in without his gun.
he's currently top tier in the game, so removing his laser would balance that out a bit. Why would he have trouble getting in? Give me an example of a character that will keep falco out. All i can think of is fox, which is fair because falco has no trouble destroying fox the second he touches him.

And thats the thing about falco, he's amazing and doesn't need it. the thing is, once he even makes you shield you should be getting hit quite soon after. his normals are super solid, and the shine i don't even need to get into. these traits alone would make him really balanced; he cant just lock you down with lasers to get in, but once he does get in, he's a monster.

the laser isn't required to make falco good. just watch MANGO, he does't even laser. falco can dominate with crazy aerial pressure that then yomi's into a million different baits.

falco doesn't need laser to be a good (not top tier) character in this game, which is all that matters. but i could see why removing his laser would tarnish some melee feel that the dev's want anyway.

also just to note, i main falco in melee (4-5 years) and would main falco in PM if he wasn't so damn good at the current state of the game.

iLink

Smash Champion
Its not as bad now that dk can dash attack through the lasers

I mean it doesnt help too much from a distance, but its a viable tool when in range.

:phone:

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Its not as bad now that dk can dash attack through the lasers

I mean it doesnt help too much from a distance, but its a viable tool when in range.

oh that is definitely something i wasn't aware of, for sure can help alot on yoshi's but besides that it's rough.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
... Oops. My bad, I mixed up his name with someone else at the tournament.

I personally like FD because there's a lot of room for UThrow combos and QD combos. UThrow -> reverse BAir -> UTilt -> reverse BAir is really satisfying to do at low %s and QD chaingrabbing with FThrow/BThrow works pretty well if they DI incorrectly. From my experience against Lucas, PK Freeze spam is a good way to wall out Ike but my opponent didn't wavedash because he was using Wii-mote + Nunchuck. I can only imagine how effective proper PK Freeze walling is when combined with wavedashing.

Not Dreamland? Or do your opponents live too long there?
the lack of wave dash is becase of the player not the wii mote and nun chuck.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
What is a matchup like, DK vs Falco looking like right now? Currently it seems imba as **** and impossible for DK. Unless i'm not seeing something. Bowser has super armor so he can atleast make some reads on your approaches, i see no benefit to playing DK.

he needs like, hardcore hitstun on his moves with low *** knockback so he can just wreck people when he gets a hit. even then how does he even approach someone like falco lol

or some kinda tech to make him feared. he's just a slow character with basically average normals :/ the big guys definitely deserve a perk for the cost of being big/slow with no TRUE upside to it.
Pick DK -> Lose to Falco

Hitstun is not modifiable on a per-move basis.
/__//

Sorry you had to play BC's campiest Falco. I Blame Meta for being a puff player and them having trained against each other for four years.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Because people like to complain.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
His sideb is the one thing that is keeping him from being just a bad character IMO. He wouldnt have many options to make up for his weaknesses. The sideb walljump might be a little random to give him but I dont think I would really change anything else about it.

I respect your opinion duder but I think he would be a solid character without the move being able to be jumped out of, in fact I think it would be a more interesting move if it took a page from guilty gears book and made it like order sol's gun blaze, which if you're unfamiliar with the move, he slides by his opponent (I think it has a couple inv frames) leaving a pillar of flame that pops them up and allows for a combo. Here is a video for reference since my explanation isn't the greatest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbuofWwSJwo.

The way I see it working for ike is the move could have faster start up and have a couple frames of heavy armor to help relieve pressure against weak attacks and projectiles, inv frames would make it a bit too easy to abuse, then he could do 1 of 3 things, 1) nothing and just zip past someone, 2) do the standard frontal sword swipe he has now with b, 3) with hitting a he could zip past someone and do a gunblaze esq move, resembling that small hitbox behind him in his fully charged quick draw. This would help with his inability to deal with pressure to a point, and it would also give him a more interesting way to set up combos as opposed to him being able to do wacky stuff like zip to you with a jc grab.

I think wall jumping with it is fine, but it should only be once lol. Its not really completely broken in its current state, but its pushing it, and sorry for the wall of text about ike, I don't wanna cause drama.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I respect your opinion
Stopped reading there. I really did. That's another word I hate- Opinion.
Apparently everything is opinion nowadays. If it's not, you make it an opinion by calling it that.
What's that? Someone has presented a valid argument but you don't want to be wrong? Call it an opinion and make EVERYBODY wrong.
Some things aren't opinions. And that's one of them. QDJC is the tipping point to make Ike a usable character.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
What the hell are you even talking about, you hate opinions.....if you thats what your posts are going to consist of please stop posting. I never said he was wrong, or I was right, and I can easily accept being wrong, but I just wanted to say what I thought of the subject. So stop inferring your nonsense in my posts, its really annoying.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Stopped reading there. I really did. That's another word I hate- Opinion.
Apparently everything is opinion nowadays. If it's not, you make it an opinion by calling it that.
What's that? Someone has presented a valid argument but you don't want to be wrong? Call it an opinion and make EVERYBODY wrong.
Some things aren't opinions. And that's one of them. QDJC is the tipping point to make Ike a usable character.... IN MY OPINION!!!

Still an opinion bro.

MaxThunder

PM Support
this post will show an awezome moment of this thread if my signature finally shows up...

Edit: and it didn't... nevermind this, then..

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've found (OPINION) the best way to kill something is to abuse it til everybody thinks it looks stupid. It kinda worked with "gimmick" so I think I'll start doing the same thing with opinions.
Huehuehueuheue

CCing should stay, maybe. Someone had a good idea of making CCing work based on an input window besides just holding down if you **** up. I tried to grab and missed, better just hold down if you get close.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Yeah. I played Falco vs Marth like 1000 times in melee. It's easier in Project M.
I figured as much, with power shielding being easier and some of the new options that characters have been given to deal with them, falco's lasers don't seem as overpowering as they used to. Its really apparent with bowser, that character seems to be designed to counter falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom