• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
But I thought every character was mediocre

or they were broken

I forget which one we are stuck on now

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Thanks everyone! ^_^

Also kinklink, here are the steps to transforming your community into a PM dynasty:
-bring pm to smash fests
-be semi-knowledgable about the game to answer questions
-host tournaments
-???
-profit

Life

Smash Hero
As long as we're mediborken and homo, all is right in the world.
Homediborken?

IMO Pit is homediborken. Opponent offstage? Arrow! Opponent on other side of stage? Arrow! Opponent right next to you? Arrow to fair to arrow! Then realize by the time they approach you properly, you've done fifteen damage and they make it up with a two-hit combo. So dthrow shenanigan them.

Pit for homediborken tier guys.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Congrats Daze and Reflex! I know you guys will contribute to the team well!

Also, Eli and Leelue, how come you guys don't apply as playtesters?

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of people promoting PM in their area, and helping the community... I'm pretty sure there is still no Alabama/Tennessee PMBR rep... I nominate KO kingpin personally, not that it matters much.

Seriously though... He is a huge advocate in TN and host smashfest with a good few people weekly. We all play a nice variety of characters and push ourselves to get better he can provide great feedback from what is basically the PM smash scene of TN.

Edit: Not to mention his long history playing competitive smash, traveling to tourneys and beating good players.

Edit2: He also has streaming equipment and will stream weekly.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Thanks 9k! Really appreciate it! :) And yes, we do.

Hopefully sometime soon I'll go to MD/VA and style on you there :p

I'll be walking circles around you. <3

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Speaking of people promoting PM in their area, and helping the community... I'm pretty sure there is still no Alabama/Tennessee PMBR rep... I nominate KO kingpin personally, not that it matters much.

Seriously though... He is a huge advocate in TN and host smashfest with a good few people weekly. We all play a nice variety of characters and push ourselves to get better he can provide great feedback from what is basically the PM smash scene of TN.

Edit: Not to mention his long history playing competitive smash, traveling to tourneys and beating good players.

Well, Reflex is in the Project M backroom, and he's AL. I'm not saying KO shouldn't be added, but Alabama is present.

iLink

Smash Champion
Wtf people charge for smashfests? That's silly as ****

The only time you might have to chip in money is if someone is ordering food and you are also getting some

Hell, usually the host for that around here pays for the food out of his own pocket

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Again, as long as there is no charge to any player in any form, especially money matches, it isn't considered Gambling. We have to do the Japanese system and wager honor. Ph00t knows all about our video golf tournaments.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion

I dunno man. I've been promoting Brawl+ and PM more than anyone in this Region pretty much (Mid South) I would really like to be in the back room and I think I can contribute a lot to the community. I just want to see this game hit mainstream. I will continue to convert brawl players into PM and I will do the same to people who like melee in this area.

iLink

Smash Champion
I think we managed to convert most of the local brawl players here. At the smashfests, that's always a few p:m setups and a lonely brawl setup no one uses.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Gambling is illegal in Utah, as well, but we hold gaming tournaments of all kinds and have MMs without a care in the world... LOL

And speaking of Utah, as we're on the subject of trying to convert people: I've been trying to promote B+ (back when it was still active) and P:M here for years, but the scene is mostly about what's already popular, so people stick with entering only Brawl tournaments since that's what already gets the numbers (not that the numbers are too big to start with, only averaging 20 people per tournament). It's quite the Catch-22, since they don't want to put effort into it since there's no scene, but there won't be a scene if no one puts effort. Melee: FC helped me prove to some of them that P:M has the potential to grow huge, but it's still not quite enough to start a scene here.
Even the players that prefer Melee here still just enter Brawl because the Melee tournament scene is pretty much dead here. There have been some interest in P:M here (mostly from half of the Melee>Brawl people, since the other half just goes "why not just play Melee?"), but not enough to have a decent tournament for, unfortunately.

But whatever...it's not like anyone in the nationwide Smash community cares about Utah, anyway... <_<

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so we are having a smash fest and just realized Puff D3 and Zard can't fall through platforms after any of their jumps after the first unless they are far above it. The only character that this doesn't happen to is Pit for some odd reason.

This happens in melee, but pit gets a free pass for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom